BookWorm's MFW Chapter

Options

Comments

• Habibiboo
    Habibiboo Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    edited 7 September 2014 at 9:09PM
    Options
    :wave:

Hi B*W, hope you've had a restorative weekend and are feeling a bit more yourself again!

Many congratulations on getting below that £90,000 ... I'm itching to do the same with the cheeky £100,000, meeting those milestone numbers really feels like progress doesn't it? You're right too, I'm totally addicted to the whole MF malarkey!

Tried Orange is the New Black but didn't get on with it. Just found the whole story line completely unconvincing so we just didn't bother after a few episodes (this was back when we had Netfl*x). Our favourite thing ever on Netfl*x was House of Cards (not just because I love Kevin Spacey either)!

Currently re-watching our DVDs of The Wire ... seriously well written and well acted, totally recommend it.

Have a good week! x
    Stash busting 2014 45 / 60 (balls of yarn)!
    2014 Sealed Pot #2136 ?/£500
    House: Decluttering 322 / 365
    Original mortgage [STRIKE]£149,000[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£117,750[/STRIKE];[STRIKE]£112,500[/STRIKE] MFW 2014#69 GOAL 1: [STRIKE]£109 K April[/STRIKE] ;) GOAL 2: [STRIKE]£103 K by Sept[/STRIKE] ;) GOAL 3: < £100k by end of 2014 MF goal: Nov 2020 - 4 years early
  • yukkibear
    yukkibear Posts: 5,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    BookWorm wrote: »
    Quiet day here in BW's corner. Just house jobs and watching the bike racing in the main.

Just had chicken fajita's for tea. I didn't have any Mexican spice mix in so used a tagine mix that I got in Morocco last year. Worked ok :p

Frustrating that bank accounts don't update on a weekend :undecided looking forward to checking them tomorrow :o Is that what happens after spending too much time in these parts? :D

Yummy I love fajitas. We make our own spice mix with chilli powder, salt, paprika, sugar, garlic, cumin, cayenne pepper.
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,466 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hbb - thanks for the viewing recommendations. I will add them to the list :)

Yukki - I have made a note and will try your spice mix next time - thanks!

Glad Monday is done. Seemed to be a struggle today.
    Money news - my Q'co payment has come in - £36.75 OP'd :T

Have a great evening all
    Feeling really pooped tonight so won't be late to bed!
  • BookWorm
    Options
    ** blows the dust off **

Goodness didn't realise it had been so long since I posted! :o

I am currently enjoying a week and a half off work and decided to get away for a few days to see my folks. A change of scenery was much needed and I also enjoyed having some time away from t'internet. ;)

Although I didn't enjoy the journey home today so much as what usually takes just over a couple of hours - took me 5 hours! :eek:

Nothing much to report from an OP perspective but equally any spending I have done has been budgeted for so I have been able to enjoy things guilt free!

BW :)
  • BookWorm
    Options
    I should be getting some more house jobs done but I couldn't resist having a quick browse online.

Survey payment from PC came in so £3 OP made today.

A bit of spendy day as I needed to go shopping for fresh bits and pieces but that should be it for the rest of the week (hopefully!)

Have a good day all

BW
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Glad you had a nice time away.

Although I spend quite a bit of time online, I never go near the Internet while I'm away. It's good to have a break from time to time
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • BookWorm
    Options
    Thanks Goldie :)

I've been good and cooked tea. Meatballs with a lovely courgette, tomato and pasta sauce. :p
  • BookWorm
    Options
    I've had a much more productive day and feeling much brighter for it.
    Got a lot of sorting out and tidying up done - feels like it's helped mentally as well as physically.

I have 6 bags of books :o and 1 other bag of various stuff to take to the charity shop tomorrow. I've been ruthless this time and really only keeping those books I know I will read again (not just might)

Nothing to report on the OP front. In other money news - also paid my cc bill but that was budgeted for :)

£10 Amazon voucher earned from a survey site :T

BW
  • BookWorm
    Options
    Well today has been a busy one!

- morning full of errands that have been run
    - coffee & cake catch up with friend & baby
    - electrician has been here doing some jobs for me
    - tidied up after electrician/work
    - sit on sofa and relax

Ok that last one is what I am doing now :rotfl: but I felt it was worth including!

No OP news today... payday still seems a long way off...

BW
  • BookWorm
    Options
    Evening

I'm cream crackered tonight! Had a massive cleaning session today - whole house from top to bottom (except for the office). All those jobs that keep getting put off like under the bed, and behind chest of drawers, etc. It was hard work but I feel much happier now it's done :p

Had a slightly disappointing event today. Had a parcel arrive which was an ornament for an Xmas pressie (yes I know it's early but I just saw it and it was a perfect gift). Unfortunately, when I opened the box, it was smashed to bits :( So I now have to sort out a replacement. As if that wasn't bad enough, the company I ordered it from - has managed to take payment twice :eek: Hoping they don't take too long to refund it.

No OP news. Still a week til payday for me....

BW
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure