BookWorm's MFW Chapter

Options

Comments

• edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,467 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Does anyone feel like it's been a long week (even though it's a short one?!). Looking forward to it almost being the weekend again

Yes, the week has lasted at least a month and I cannot wait for the weekend to come!
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Nearly there Ed ;) Nice to see you
  • BookWorm
    Options
    I know I shouldn't be wishing August away, but we've been under house arrest this week and I'm bored to tears, can't believe we've only really had 3 days of it….

How come you have been at home Wish? Sorry to hear you are not enjoying it
  • Habibiboo
    Habibiboo Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    Options
    :wave:

I feel very confused by this month ... this week has been very odd and has dragged but the month as a whole seems to have flown by, yet I seem to have been waiting for ages for the end of the month spreadsheet shuffle to come round so I can get back on top for the new month. Very strange indeed. Will ponder on the 5 weekend theory!

Enjoy your Friday BW. x
    Stash busting 2014 45 / 60 (balls of yarn)!
    2014 Sealed Pot #2136 ?/£500
    House: Decluttering 322 / 365
    Original mortgage [STRIKE]£149,000[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£117,750[/STRIKE];[STRIKE]£112,500[/STRIKE] MFW 2014#69 GOAL 1: [STRIKE]£109 K April[/STRIKE] ;) GOAL 2: [STRIKE]£103 K by Sept[/STRIKE] ;) GOAL 3: < £100k by end of 2014 MF goal: Nov 2020 - 4 years early
  • Secret_Saving_Squirrel
    Options
    Hello,

If you like Linwood Barclay, you would like Peter Robinson's DI Banks series, if you haven't already read all of them!

Squirrel x
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Bet your so pleased to be under that next threshold! Very good going!

I am also a kindle- real book flitterer...Have read some great and some awful free books on the Kindle lately! Huge fan of Mark Billingham and Karin Slaughter, will sometimes pay almost full kindle price for them!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • WishIwasstill25
    Options
    BookWorm wrote: »
    How come you have been at home Wish? Sorry to hear you are not enjoying it

Hubby wanted us on hand to supervise the builders! Dull
    Mortgage outstanding: [STRIKE]£47,750 (August 2014)[/STRIKE] [STRIKE][/STRIKE]£46,950 (Nov 14)[STRIKE][/STRIKE] £44,900 (June 2015)
    Student loan: Paid off June 2015 - 10 years & 2months.
  • BookWorm
    Options
    Thanks for stopping by everyone :)

No I haven't read any of Peter Robinson's books. I will add them to my ever growing list. Thanks

I have read some Karin Slaughter. Particularly enjoyed Blindsighted. Parts of that really stuck with me. I think I've read a couple of books by Mark Billingham but cant recall what I thought of them!

Not much to report today..just been running errands and getting chores done. Probably should have done more but the sofa kept calling me :o

BW
  • BookWorm
    edited 31 August 2014 at 9:21AM
    Options
    Good Morning :)

Been updating my spreadsheets, etc ready for the new month tomorrow. Can't believe that it's the last day of August already - the time really is whizzing past! Does anyone else find it annoying that bank accounts don't update on Sundays? :cool: :rotfl:

I won't update this every month here but as this was a 'milestone' one for me, I thought I would share where I finished up. Final balance £89,311.89 :D

No major plans today. Just house jobs and watching the British round of Moto GP on tv

Have a great day
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Always good getting into the next bracket, you will fly through the 80's. You could add your figures as a signature, that's always encouraging. You have reminded me I need to update my figures lately.

September to December always seems to go so fast!
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback