BookWorm's MFW Chapter

Options

Comments

• BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Goldie

I think I may have quite a lot in common with Mr Goldie in terms of reading material then. Vampires, werewolves, horror and fantasy novels are probably my favourite type. Closely followed by crime and thrillers though.

However, when I'm in the mood, I'm just as happy with a chick lit book (as long as it's well written). I've not read much historical stuff - perhaps I should add that to my ever growing list! :think:

I have to say that this afternoon has been very good for the soul...if not for my to-do list :rotfl:
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    We both like crime and thrillers. I don't mind some chick lit from time to time, but, as you say, as long as it's well written. I can't stand the ones where the heroine is meant to be cute and ditsy, but actually comes across as plain annoying!
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    BookWorm you have a diary :hello:.

Another crime fan here but nothing too heavy - I like psychological thrillers like Jeffrey Deaver. Also a bit lighter - Harlan Coben. And am admitting to a weakness for Dan Brown conspiracy type books :o.

You're making great progress. Easy to forget how much you're overpaying when it comes off automatically. Hope you've found the £12.30 and will soon be seeing 2 fat ladies :D.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • BookWorm
    Options
    Morning

I had a lovely day out in London yesterday with some friends. Not very MSE but definitely a lot of fun :)

It does mean that I have quite a few chores to get through today so after I've had a browse online with my cuppa, the plan to to get on and blitz those so I can chill out this afternoon.
    Weekends really are too short...wish that they were longer!

Gallygirl - thanks so much for stopping by. I love Jeffrey Deaver too - I'm particularly enjoying the ones with Kathryn Dance in as well. Nothing wrong with Dan Brown either from an entertainment perspective ;)

I've found £12 so far. But just waiting for another payment from Q'co (should be £3 or £38 depending on what hits first) but either way I should get there :T

Enjoy the rest of your weekend folks

BW :)
  • BookWorm
    Options
    Phew I'm glad work is over and done with today! It was one of those days where everyone went wrong, or there was a problem, and generally jut not enough time in the day :eek:

No money news to report today :o
  • Coffee_Cup
    Options
    No money news is always good news BW :) Wish I could say the same :)
    MFW Start Date: 18/08/14
    Mortgage At Start £183389.89 Mortgage Now £151000
    Mortgage Free Date - [STRIKE]October 2038[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]July 2036[/STRIKE] November 2021 :T
    2014 Overpayments - £11600
    2015 Overpayments so far - £18000:j

Aim to be Mortgage free by November 2021:beer:
  • BookWorm
    Options
    Thanks Coffee Cup. I guess I didn't think of looking at it that way ;)
  • BookWorm
    Options
    Has anyone seen the summer? Has it left for good? :cool: I have been curled up on the sofa tonight with a blanket on my feet as they were cold :eek:

Another £3 OP today. That means I have beaten my mini target for the month by a whole £2.70 and so I should definitely be staying in the 80's when the interest is added in the next day or so :T

• WishIwasstill25
    Options
    Well done on staying in the 80s.

My little challenge now is when I drop into the next 1000, not to let the interest push it back over the 1000 barrier, will see how I get on....
    Mortgage outstanding: [STRIKE]£47,750 (August 2014)[/STRIKE] [STRIKE][/STRIKE]£46,950 (Nov 14)[STRIKE][/STRIKE] £44,900 (June 2015)
    Student loan: Paid off June 2015 - 10 years & 2months.
  • BookWorm
    Options
    Good Morning :)

It's a lovely sunny day which is a welcome sight after so many grey and rainy days of late.

Been a bit quiet on here as taking a few days break to recharge the batteries. Not forgotten the mfw ways though and a further £6 survey payments has been OP'd ;)

I finished Eeeny Meeny and can recommend as a crime/thriller for anyone interested.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure