BookWorm's MFW Chapter

Options

Comments

• CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi Bookworm, just wanted to pop by and wish you luck. Hopefully I can get some hints on here of brilliant books to read. I always mean to read more but work and children hinder that, although I could just switch the tv off in the evening.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for stopping by CathT :)

Back to work today after a lovely long weekend with relatives. Made it hard to leave but at least it's a short week ;)

Another £10 OP'd

BW :)
  • BookWorm
    Options
    Good evening

Felt a bit disorientated today as keep forgetting what day of the week I'm on...somehow bank hols do that to me (although I love them and wouldn't want to do without them!)

I had a survey payment come in earlier than expected from OP so that's another £40 OP'd :D

• BookWorm
    Options
    I have just watched the final ever episode of True Blood - trying to work out whether I am happy with it or not!! :think:

I think I'm probably leaning towards liking it better than the books ended....but the jury is still out!

I have watched TB since the beginning as was already a fan of the books. The last couple of seasons have definitely lacked something compared to the early ones but overall I have enjoyed it. My absolute favourite has to be Eric (genius casting!) and I will miss my viking fix ;)
  • Habibiboo
    Habibiboo Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    Options
    :wave:

I hear you on the confused week B*W ... what a difference a BH makes in throwing everything off track!

Saw my SIL & BIL yesterday and thought of you ... they've just come back from USA and met Linwood Barclay at a book signing. Very nice chap by all accounts ... writes from 8.30 till 3.00 every day without fail! Great that the book you won turned out to be a good'un!

Hope the rest of the week turns out well. x
    Stash busting 2014 45 / 60 (balls of yarn)!
    2014 Sealed Pot #2136 ?/£500
    House: Decluttering 322 / 365
    Original mortgage [STRIKE]£149,000[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£117,750[/STRIKE];[STRIKE]£112,500[/STRIKE] MFW 2014#69 GOAL 1: [STRIKE]£109 K April[/STRIKE] ;) GOAL 2: [STRIKE]£103 K by Sept[/STRIKE] ;) GOAL 3: < £100k by end of 2014 MF goal: Nov 2020 - 4 years early
  • BookWorm
    Options
    Hi Habibiboo!

Oh wow how cool they met Linwood Barclay. Always good when they turn out to be nice in person

Thanks for thinking of me :)
  • BookWorm
    Options
    Evening

Does anyone feel like it's been a long week (even though it's a short one?!). Looking forward to it almost being the weekend again

Had another survey payment and some cashback arrive - so another £50.30 OP'd

• Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    It's been a long week and a long month - can't believe it's still August!
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • BookWorm
    Options
    Goldiegirl wrote: »
    It's been a long week and a long month - can't believe it's still August!

This month is unusual in that there is 5 weekends in it. Apparently that doesn't happen often. Maybe that has something to do with it!
  • WishIwasstill25
    Options
    I know I shouldn't be wishing August away, but we've been under house arrest this week and I'm bored to tears, can't believe we've only really had 3 days of it….
    Mortgage outstanding: [STRIKE]£47,750 (August 2014)[/STRIKE] [STRIKE][/STRIKE]£46,950 (Nov 14)[STRIKE][/STRIKE] £44,900 (June 2015)
    Student loan: Paid off June 2015 - 10 years & 2months.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback