We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

BookWorm's MFW Chapter

Options

Comments

• Pushkin
    Pushkin Posts: 795 Forumite
    Options
    Excellent - I too get ridiculously excited over every cash back payout regardless of the amount. Am awaiting £0.63 from My Superm@rket and am checking daily so I don't miss when it pays!
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Every time I get a cash back, or survey payment, or an eBay sale, I feel incredibly pleased about it.

Over a year, it all mounts up.

I sometimes torture myself about all the years I didn't sell on eBay or use vouchers etc, and all the money I could have made if I had tried harder.
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,467 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks Pushkin - nice to know I'm not alone! :p

You are quite right Goldie - the small bits and pieces really do add up. I also get the same sense of satisfaction you mention :)

Don't be too hard on yourself. At least you have realised now ;) just think of all those who haven't seen the MFW light!:eek:

Slightly less manic day workwise. On the downhill stretch (in a good way!) to the weekend at least.
    No money news today...though I have checked my payslip online in readiness for the big day on Friday :T

BW :)
  • BookWorm
    Options
    Phew glad it's the weekend :T

It's my favourite day of the month - payday! :j I get to feel rich for about...errm a day...:rotfl: £15 OP made.

Met a friend tonight and had a meal and couple of drinks after work. Was really nice to have a natter and 'put the world to rights'. All was good until I arrived home and had 4 (yes 4!) spiders to deal with :eek: Feeling somewhat like I've been invaded and that the one I threw out last night came back with his mates! :cool:

• Habibiboo
    Habibiboo Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    Options
    :wave:

Well done with the MOPs B*W and for getting through that working week. Hope you get a relaxed weekend!

Has the new cooker arrived yet? x
    Stash busting 2014 45 / 60 (balls of yarn)!
    2014 Sealed Pot #2136 ?/£500
    House: Decluttering 322 / 365
    Original mortgage [STRIKE]£149,000[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£117,750[/STRIKE];[STRIKE]£112,500[/STRIKE] MFW 2014#69 GOAL 1: [STRIKE]£109 K April[/STRIKE] ;) GOAL 2: [STRIKE]£103 K by Sept[/STRIKE] ;) GOAL 3: < £100k by end of 2014 MF goal: Nov 2020 - 4 years early
  • BookWorm
    Options
    Morning Hbbb :wave:

No the cooker isn't due to be delivered until next Sat. That way I got free delivery ;) and it's not like I don't have anything to cook on in the meantime so a slight wait is fine

I have had an email to advise that a replacement ornament has been dispatched. Let's hope this one is intact!

Have a great weekend :)

• BookWorm
    Options
    Morning

The microwave died yesterday. I don't use it all the time but it's definitely handy so will be replacing it this week sometime.
    Seems to be all spending at the moment :(

Quiet day I think. A few house jobs and then Moto GP viewing later on. I'm also watching True Detective at the moment so maybe an episode of that. Oh and Downton Abbey of course :p

• BookWorm
    Options
    Evening

Today was very warm and muggy. Also dry until about half an hour ago when it hammered it down. Not enjoying the nights getting dark earlier and earlier - won't be long until the clocks change either....

Money news - £50 OP made today.
    Waiting for a £10 survey payment to arrive and it's slow which is annoying.

I had to get a new frying pan but I found one in the HoF sale and also used vouchers that I got from surveys - not actual cash :D

And.... my replacement ornament arrived. Thankfully this one is in tact :T So I have put away until I'm ready to wrap it later on.

Didn't sleep brilliantly last night - few things playing on my mind - so hoping for a better rest tonight

• BookWorm
    Options
    Evening

I got a good nights sleep but still felt tired this morning! Hmph lol

Another mad day at work though on the the plus side at least it makes the time go quick!

£20.17 OP made today...purely cos I wanted a nice round figure on my spreadsheet for the monthly total :o

For anyone interested currently reading THIS. It's quite quirky but I'm enjoying it

Nothing much else to report

• BookWorm
    Options
    :j Hurray for the weekend! It's been a crazy few days at work and I'm very much looking forward to relaxing and catching my breath a bit.

I had a late night on Thursday too....took clients out for dinner & drinks, which turned into more drinks and a trip to a karaoke bar. I got home at 3.50am Friday am :o but everyone had a great time so it was worth the tiredness yesterday :p

I'm waiting for the new cooker to be delivered today. Just hope it goes smoothly. I always have a slight sense of dread that something will go wrong in these instances. It's raining which is a shame too.

In mortgage news - OP of £190.03 which was made up of regular OP, £10 survey earnings, £5 bank reward and some cashback.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure