Life begins again at 45

Options

Comments

• Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy New Year Diary

I have been AWOL but I have thought of you often.

As I like new beginnings and dates to anchor them by - today's the day, two days after OH birthday.

Wanted it to be New Years Day, but typically the year has not started with an even keel.

I hope though 2016 will be kinder to me and to you
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Bubblesmum wrote: »
    Happy New Year Diary

I have been AWOL but I have thought of you often.

As I like new beginnings and dates to anchor them by - today's the day, two days after OH birthday.

Wanted it to be New Years Day, but typically the year has not started with an even keel.

I hope though 2016 will be kinder to me and to you

Happy new year Bm!

Lovely to see you posting again x
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • Bubblesmum
    Options
    January 1st was spent in Southwold. Usually just the two of us this year we were staying with my BF her OH my 12 year old Godson and his 8 year old brother.

It was BF OH birthday, so the day was organised round that. We did have a fab meal at the best pub in town, and as we had cooked in our Self catering house a real treat.

The family went home to next day but I couldn't settle and we went home a day early on the Monday night.

On return home we found an unwell cat :o and we have had two trips to the vet, he has an inflamed tummy! His appetite has not diminished but we have the joys of the litter tray :eek:;). He is my old boy and I am just glad he has something daily treatable.

So the big piece of news that kept me AWOL before Christmas was I took over organising the Community Christmas Day organised ( well supported by ) by the local churches and the community and the aftermath is still keeping me busy.

I had hoped to sort it all out by last Sunday and start as I mean to go on, earning some money from last Monday.

Then disaster - I was on the mobility scooter with the foot less sleeping bag on to keep my legs warm, with the scooter wet weather cape over the top of me, and Mr Borrow My Doggy, when the cape which was too big, slipped under my front wheel I lost control, clipped a wall and the scooter over turned.

Well... I use the scooter to stop me falling... So over turning on the scooter :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:. I am trying to make light of it, but I was very sore and my massage therapist told name I was certainly spasmed. :eek::eek:.

So that has written off most of this week and I am up to the Oestopath tomorrow to find the actipual damage.

The washing machine bleeped is going and OH has no underwear so had better go and rescue the contents ......
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,337 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    So pleased to see you :j :j :wave:
    Missed you so much.
    Take care.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,337 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry about your scooter misshap.
    A bit like when I feel off my trike & it ended up on top of me!!
    Take care xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Bubblesmum
    Options
    Grrr just written a post and it refused to post

Been awak since 6 I hate the days leading up to my period, hormones racing I'm on high anxiety alert.

Plus side caught up a bit more on diaries

Really would like to turn the light out and go back to sleep but I'm off to the Big Smoke to the Oestopath - I need it, it it's going to be a really cold struggle.

Before I do the great get up..... 3 blessings from yesterday.

1. I had the day to myself
    2. I completed more chores than I hoped
    3. I finished the day with big boy cat giving me cuddles
    Fake it, to you Make It

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Sorry to hear of your fall and poorly puddytat :(. Glad you had a nice New Year though Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,318 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome back BM :) Sorry to hear about your scooter accident and your poorly cat though. Hopefully you'll both be sorted soonest.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Bubblesmum
    edited 17 January 2016 at 10:59AM
    Options
    Evening all

Feeling far more myself this evening, the wonders of a good massage and then many adjustments by the Oestopath... I had done quite a lot of damage :eek::eek:

Thank you for the lovely messages - so much appreciated

So I have a quiet 24 hours. Although have achieved a few things:

1. 2/3 of the thank you letters re Christmas Day
    2. MSE inimising spreadsheet for 2015 :rotfl::rotfl: this appeals to my inner nerd . I took a photo of everything I gave away/through away last year, and I am now numbering them on my desktop - I'm up to 300!! Going to to the 2016 challenge as well.
    3. Scanned in many old photos from Uni days 20 years ago - minimised some as well
    4. Made soup - which was a disaster and is going on the compost, sweet potatoe, carrot and coconut - even OH wouldn't eat it :o
    5. Now knitting a memory scarf - which will be minimising 2 balls of wool but counted as one in the challenge

Last night when the sun was over the yard arm, I was retrying to work out using up bottles, well I fancied a sole bay sling, but had no triple sec or pineapple juice. oH was very nice and got the missing ingredients :rotfl::D

It's just been served :beer:

On the using up - a OH has decided to use the 2015 birthday present ( deep fat fryer ) used only once to make fish and chips :T:T - two pieces of haddock from the freezer

Finally my blessings from yesterday

1. OH took me and picked me up from station and offered to come and get me from central London, when I felt so !!!! after treatment
    2. Healing hands of massage therapist and Oestopath
    3. Yummy lunch ( and reasonable ) in the Picture House Cafe Shafesbury Ave
    Fake it, to you Make It

• Bubblesmum
    edited 18 January 2016 at 12:04AM
    Options
    Decided I must post even though I'm out of sorts

Decent sleep, showered and breakfasted before heading to church

Then life went pair shaped.

Arrived to find my usual post in the squires gallery was superseded by being given the iPad - I have become the projector girl for the family service. control centre is up in said gallery. So was sitting in the congregation, to play my role.

When a few mins before an aquaintance who was leading the service, showed me a notice about my role with the words we thought you should have a buddy and for a roster of people. Well I both saw red and then completely devalued and anger turned to tears, they are welling up just thinking about it.

1. I was cross that their had been conversations about me in particular, with decisions and assumptions being made with out my consultation.
    2. It's that old chestnut of other people making decisions about what I can and can't do. (The said gallery is accessed by a stone external flight of steps and they don't think I should be doing it - done it for last 6 weeks! And except for asking for the holly to be cut back around the rail and perhaps another stone on the grass verge ( it's a leap to get to the steps to avoid the grass I have not stated I can't manage the steps. )
    3. I am fiercely independent and I either do a role myself or not at all, and as my primary work role is activity analysis I am top rate at making a risk assessment of my own situation.

I had lost my dignity, but of course had to stay to operate said projector, then ironically climb the fore mentioned steps to. Shut down.

Then. I just wanted to crawl under a stone when in the notices I was referred to the brilliant X and me needing holiday cover which is fine. Interestingly nobody offered their services. Unsurprisingly

So I've felt really low all day, I can't even go to church and do a role like an ordinary women, without my disability raising its ugly head :(:(:(

I hate crying in public :mad::mad:

I would like to say stuff it, to the old foggies but I respect the clergy too much.

On the next depressing front.

Our debt post Christmas is high, and we have no pennies left until pay day, Monday week.

Pot luck freezer eating it shall be.
    Fake it, to you Make It

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure