NSK; The August Fairwell

Options

Comments

• NinjaSavingKat
    NinjaSavingKat Posts: 3,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all!

How are we all doing on this splendid evening of the 1st challenge day??? I forgot my glasses today so had to run to a nearby Specsavers ( in my prescription sunglasses I might add) to get contacts. I don't like wearing them as I am slowly getting a headache.

That and being in charge of the new office fridge and microwave and it's incompetent delivery drivers is enough to drive a body batty on a Friday eve...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

So I am still here until 1900 and I want my new fridge!!!...

I will update you all later on my fun night - my fridge delivery has been cancelled so I am going to scream at someone.......
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Spent £1 on travel - bus to town (meant I could return a library book and a bag of small cs items, also took a couple of things I found under the kitchen sink which other people could make use of - not included in total as I had them ready last week). Relative stopped to give me a lift when I was waiting for the bus to mum's and got a lift home as well.

DIY £15.99 for new sander (will be pleased if this one lasts for the next 29 years - at 85 I will stop sanding). Twins were taking the kiddiwinks out mid-afternoon to the retail park so I got them to use their fancy phone to check availability and they reserved it and collected it for me - saved me a trip.

Very tired and some pain today (ordered more painkillers by phone) so was home and on the bed by 6.30pm (have carrots and apples - do I know how to live it up?).

Today I am grateful for kind people giving me lifts, that the bus stop into town is directly facing my house and my wonderful, comfy, supportive bed and all of you lovely people.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello everyone

Last month did not go well for me, what with leaving my tablet at my daughters and then the charger, but I had 18 sfd which was good, but I over spent on the grocery budget, the fuel was in budget, the exercise was nearly there, so there's more positives than negatives.

So I hope I can join in on your last month Kat, it's all getting exciting for you and I wish you all the best for the rest of your life, you are an inspiration even to us oldies and if I was younger I hope I could have the courage to do something like you.

Anyway my budgets for August
    Food - £60
    Sfd - 0/21
    Exercise as much as I can!
    Pay forwards I will have to a think about this one, but I do have an idea

That's it for now - oh yes my legacy, well I will have to think about this one, not too sure and I will have to list a few things first and come up with a plan

Nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Evening all...

Well - day 1 coming to a close - not a SFD here, nor a gym day. Still - feeling full of enthusiasm and excited about the month ahead.

:D
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I have collared my first NSD of August :j. I have also had a sugar-free day and done a workout. So that is £3 into the pot. I did this 2 months ago and ended up with nearly £70!

Today I am grateful for a peaceful day, for having paint up in the loft ready to be used, for my exercise mat, for coffee, for my lovely dd.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • LoveaDove
    LoveaDove Posts: 491 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Siouxsie and Mothernerd- Great to see you back!! :j

I hope that my legacy month see's the ability to pull through tough times with my mind and body intact! To rise above the waves and ride them to shore with great exhilaration all the way. If I fall, I'll just get straight back on, bruises an all, paddle back out, jump back on and try again!

In regards to an ultimate goal I have several (greedy): I would love to own my own place, settle down with a fam, ensure my Mother's mortgage is paid off and my sister is in a great place of her own with great support (my sister is autistic). I'd also love to acquire a Masters, mostly for personal purposes but would also make job prospects rather good as well. All of these goals I will ensure are at least on some initial progress by the end of the month. Whether that be a plan of action or a first little step in the right direction towards achievement! :)

So my targets for the month are as follows:

Sfds= 1/12 (One acquired today, running short on food, but have got by eating the last scraps from July- including a lovely chilli dinner I'd made and frozen previously).
    Exercise= 0/18 Sessions
    Good deed with a P.I.O= at least one.
    Fuel= £40 for the month- purely for interviews & odd jobs.
    Food= £100 for the month.
    Birthdays= £30- I have several this month, all of my friend's are turning 30 so I'm trying to create special gifts which require some resources.
    Declutter for sale= 20 items this month. First one is my Lonely planet Hawaii book. I was given another travel guide for hawaii before I went, which had been written by a local and was by far more useful and fun to read, so I do not feel too hard done by parting with my L.P purchase. (Hawaii was amazing by the way- it was one of my big goals I set either earlier on this year or last year in an NSK challenge when we listed what we would do when we became DF). It was doubled up as an almighty 30th celebration and also to signify the end to an incredible chaotic couple of years in my personal life. Absolutely worth every penny, and all saved for and pre-paid for. No credit used and no debt as a result)!
    Acquire a new job= A personal goal for the month! :cool:

Oh, btw....HAPPY WEEKEND!!! :j
    :coffee:
    *Do More of What Makes You Happy*
  • CEW
    CEW Posts: 407 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All,

Just a very quick post to claim a SFD today. I will post my August goals in the morning.

Chez x
    That money talks I don't deny, I heard it once, it said "Goodbye"
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ape muncher I love your being grateful posts, can I join in please?

Today I an grateful for:- the boiler not needing a service, having a spare hob already, the rain to water my new plants, half price Brie from Aldee, the cute side of my puppy, a little lie in :)
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Fmess wrote: »
    ape muncher I love your being grateful posts, can I join in please?

Today I an grateful for:- the boiler not needing a service, having a spare hob already, the rain to water my new plants, half price Brie from Aldee, the cute side of my puppy, a little lie in :)

Love my new name Fmess!

Do join in! I think I nabbed the idea way back from Alchemilla.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • PheoniX
    PheoniX Posts: 247 Forumite
    Options
    Hey gang :wave:

Swift check in on day 1! Not long got in from work after a long 14 hour day.. Ruined a SFD at the very end as I was too tired to cook and bought a chicken chow mein! :( So am fed, watered and ready for sleep now... :D

Good luck all for august!

Sweet dreams..

:wave:
    :D Ninja Saving Turtle :D
    SFD 1 Food 0 Fuel 0 Fun 0 Misc 0
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts