For Finally Forgoing Frittering

edited 26 August 2014 at 5:42PM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
90 replies 11.3K views

Replies

• Saver-upperSaver-upper Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Hooray :j.Absolutely no frittering today.Only paid for a haircut (mobile hairdresser,so cheaper).
    And that is all I have spent today,hooray.:money:

Did you make the flapjacks,Penguins86?
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• Sadly we had no oats :( probably a good thing as I would have wanted to eat it all!

I haven't spent anything today so no frittering. Hoping to be good after Aqua Zumba tomorrow and come home for lunch to save frittering there!
    NSDs January - 3/8 2017 total - 3
    declutter challenge 67/2017
    Goodreads Challenge 0/30
    1.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Well,not really frittering,but probably didn't really need to spend everything I did.Went to T?sco for abit of a grocery top up.Ended up spending just over £5 in cash,and £12 using clubcard vouchers(free money :j),so not too bad.It did include a bag of sweets each (for 4) kids,and bagels for lunch,so abit extravagant.

My spending habits have certainly changed over the last few weeks :money:

• Penguins86Penguins86 Forumite
    373 Posts
    Aqua Zumba was a planned spend but after SIL to be's mum was turned away because the class was full we met her for lunch...chicken deal at large pub chain so £5.59 will go into frittering jar for today!
    NSDs January - 3/8 2017 total - 3
    declutter challenge 67/2017
    Goodreads Challenge 0/30
  • SundaysgirlSundaysgirl Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Would you use powdered milk for emergencies?That's all I use,so milk running out or going off is never a problem.Well,it can still go off...

Maybe the piggies food could be an allowable spend?

Saver-upper when I started the nsd challenge,I was very strict about what was allowed-nothing more or less,which I soon realised was too strict...

I hope that today you get an nsd. :)

Thanks marmite but think I need to be harder on myself - and a trip for piggy food never results in just piggy food!

I've been relatively good over the past few days though have stockpiled haircare products thanks to the Grabbit board - will save me lots of money in the long run and some of the stuff was needed now (I was planning a trip to Mr B anyway so avoids the need for that now - and the temptation of buyiong unnecessary other things whilst there). Had an unexpected lunch out yesterday but no spending needed over the next few days other than a bday pressie and supermarket trip (and I'm pretty good at not being led astray at Mr T as I meal plan for the week ahead (packed lunches and dinners) and write a list - and stick to it!! Quiet weekend planned too.
    MFW 2017 #123 2018: £1,852.64/£39,200 (4.7%)
  • marmiterulesokmarmiterulesok Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    You do sound organised,which is great. :money:
    1.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Well,I can't havedone any frittering today-it has been another NSD :j.
    Unusually,I am finding NSD's easy this month.Partly,I think,because the children are excited to be going on holidays next week,so are not thinking to nag for days out/entertainment.And because we are going away,I am running down food supplies,so am not in the supermarket (or corner store :eek:) as often.

It would be lovely to maintain when school goes back next month.Alas,I fear life is more likely to get in the way then.
    having said that,I am going to get back into menu-planning,so that should help.

• edited 8 August 2014 at 11:30PM
    Saver-upperSaver-upper Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 8 August 2014 at 11:30PM
    Went to Tesc+ to buy stuff for children's lunch, (they were having friends over.)Only bought from the list (alot of my concentration this week has been running down fresh food in the house before going away tomorrow).No frittering :j.
    I imagine I won't be online everyday while I am away,but look forward to catching up when I can (probably after kids have gone to bed,as many nights as I can manage).I look forward to hearing how everyone is doing :T.

I think I will put another £5 in my piggy bank,to represent how much I have saved in frittering since I last added to it.Probably would have frittered away more than that,actually.Piggy will have £15 in it,woohoo.

• marmiterulesokmarmiterulesok Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have a great holiday Saver-upper.

I just had a thought;it's probably already been mentioned,but do you shop with a shopping list?Also,consider going out with either the sum of money you estimate you'll spend,or,on days where you don't want to spend,go out leaving all money and cards at home.Certainly going out without any debit/credit cards severely limits impulse buying. ;)

I do realise though that with children,it can be difficult.How old are they?It's never too early to learn money management....
    1.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Just a very quick post to say hi greet024.gif.
    We are camping in Cornwall at the moment.After we nearly got blown away in our tent on the first night,we re-pegged the tent properly,and have managed to stay dry and grounded ever since :j.
    There has been a bit of spending,but also managed a couple of NSD's since we have been here :T.There hasn't been toooo much frittering (though ice creams for all,when visiting Cornwall-got to be done,doesn't it?For 6 of us,not much change out of £20 :eek::eek:).
    Kids demanding to go for swimming now,so must dash.Would love to hear how everyone else is going.

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals