We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Immaterial Girl

Options

Comments

• Snagggles
    Snagggles Posts: 434 Forumite
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    And look for alternative stabler employment, which, given your background, shouldn't be all that difficult.

Yes, will keep a look out and see what's around.

I just hope the pay cut isn't going to be as bad as everyone fears, because I love my job, and the people I work with. I dread having to go back to a job I don't enjoy.

Because it's a charity post, my funding can come from various sources, and I recently increased my hours to provide money advice to tenants of one of the housing associations in the area.

Not sure I am loving dealing with the HA themselves, but the tenants I've dealt with so far are lovely, and I'm learning so much. Fingers crossed that all works out. I'm about 4 hours less than full-time now, which means I could increase them a little bit to offset a pay cut, if necessary...

...if my daughter gets bored of the swimming lessons which are my sole reason for not working completely full time!! :) :cool:
    I'm a Money and Debt Adviser for a homelessness and housing charity in Scotland. If you have any questions about debt management and debt relief under Scots Law, just ask.
    The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow.
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Snagggles wrote: »
    Ooh, my first NSD since starting this diary. :T

:rotfl:
    I saw a house I quite liked yesterday, and there's an open viewing tomorrow which I was all enthusiastic about going to, but I'm not so sure now. It's less than 6 months since I moved, and I'm not sure I feel ready to do it all again just yet. I love where we live at the moment too, so that's a factor. I'd be buying a smaller house in a less-nice area, so there's no point rushing into things. :D

Do you have something pressingly better to do? Going to a open day is not the same as buying, just as going to a Chippendale evening is not the same as getting married... ;)
    Not sure I am loving dealing with the HA themselves,

Why?
    but the tenants I've dealt with so far are lovely, and I'm learning so much. Fingers crossed that all works out. I'm about 4 hours less than full-time now, which means I could increase them a little bit to offset a pay cut, if necessary...

...if my daughter gets bored of the swimming lessons which are my sole reason for not working completely full time!! :) :cool:

Tell her swimming is good for her and will make her like lettuce. She'll drop them soon enough... ;)
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Snagggles
    Options
    The person I deal with at the HA office is rather demanding and has taken a dislike to me because I didn't answer her emails the week I was off on holiday. Sigh. :)

And she insists on spelling my name wrong despite having been corrected. Either she's a bit dim, or kinda passive aggressive!
    I'm a Money and Debt Adviser for a homelessness and housing charity in Scotland. If you have any questions about debt management and debt relief under Scots Law, just ask.
  • Snagggles
    Options
    Oh, that's why that Chippendale guy looked taken aback when I waited by the stage door in a wedding dress.

YOU COULD HAVE WARNED ME!!
  • ZTD
    Options
    The person I deal with at the HA office is rather demanding and has taken a dislike to me because I didn't answer her emails the week I was off on holiday. Sigh. :)

Oh...one of those...
    And she insists on spelling my name wrong despite having been corrected. Either she's a bit dim,

Well you know, names are difficult. They've got like...letters and stuff...
    or kinda passive aggressive!

More likely.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Snagggles
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    Well you know, names are difficult. They've got like...letters and stuff...

True. Mine has two letters (Jo), which...is obviously too many!

Or too few, as she insists on adding another one. :rotfl:
  • ZTD
    Options
    True. Mine has two letters (Jo), which...is obviously too many!

Or too few, as she insists on adding another one. :rotfl:

Well on one hand, you could just say she's adding the extra letter because she writes how she speaks:

Joo,

I want to talk to yoo,
    Right noo...

But on the other hand, she may just be an idiot...
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Ellidee
    Ellidee Posts: 6,216 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Maybe she thinks you're a man (Joe) ? Legs it >>>>>>> :rotfl:
    Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. William James
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Or, even scarier thought, maybe she wishes you were!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 50% through my pb challenge.
  • ZTD
    Options
    Or, even scarier thought, maybe she wishes you were!

She must be looking for a woman with that little bit extra... ;)
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family