We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Best wellyboot forward. Pips frugal edible garden adventures.

Options

Comments

• Hopefuljoy
    Hopefuljoy Posts: 442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello Pippi, I've taken a stroll over from Greying's thread... totally agree with all the advice about DD and your financial contribution. If £100 is what you can manage then that's it. Your pound for pound matching idea is great!

I made a big error with my DS who at the age of 17 jacked in an apprenticehip and then demanded money for two years without contributing anything. He's now 20 and renting with a full time job but I got myself into debt trying to please him. Very foolish of me and no help to him ultimately.

Your DD doesn't sound like him though and I'm sure she will understand and appreciate all you are doing for her. Good luck and see you over at Greying's!
    With family, friends and pets (or any combination of them) life will be fine!

Emergency fund £2474 post cat wee catastrophe!

Fashion on the Ration 55 coupons available in 2022
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,989 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    No way would I give her that.
    I don't give my DS anything apart from very occassionaly as at the end of the day his income is more than mine from a variety of sources~SAAS,PT job & contribution from other parent.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,989 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    & if that makes me a bad person so be it.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Ellidee
    Ellidee Posts: 6,216 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    & if that makes me a bad person so be it.

beanie you are the least bad person I know ! :A
    Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. William James
  • Pippilongstocking
    Pippilongstocking Posts: 16,336 Forumite
    Options
    Beanie you're absolutely the least bad person I know too! Well said Ellidee.

:) We were all thinking it even if we hadn't read it yet. The DS had saas/loan/grant and worked on the farm for his dad over the summers so its kinda similar without the p/t job your DS has, although my DS, he's working here this summer to allow him to have money for over the year. She's got a few choices to make soon. I'm certainly in no position to offer wadges of cash to her. And, neither do I think that's right either.

Hello Hopefuljoy! Sounds like you've your head screwed on too. A part of things is to teach them about money. Interesting I thought that you used the word 'demanded' - its just how it feels. I asked what she was going to do about her budget shortfall and she said 'you and dad can pay half'. No negotiating with her seemed to make it be able to be rejigged.

It would be so easy to try and 'please' her too Hopefuljoy, I so get you on that one. There's a whole lack of appreciation and thought for others in teenagers at some times in our lives (I know I've been one :D) so well done you for coming through that one too.

Thanks for sharing guys you've made me feel a bit more resolute.

Well morning to you all too.
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Pippilongstocking
    edited 24 July 2014 at 8:30AM
    Options
    Well what a difference a list makes.

Yesterdays list is almost (and I say ALMOST) complete.

I even finished chopping and moving that pesky laburnum - who'd have thunk that was possible?

Of course I looked behind and there were three large 'stumps' looking at me as if to say (in their stumpy voices) well if you build a hen coup under us are you going to chop us down now or later? You know we'll just fall on it.

So I'm pondering the three sisters badly pollarded at the back of the garden and wondering if I should just get me chainsaw out.

Its true I'm no lumberjack but I'm a lot cheaper. They're just a tad large for my liking.

Ponders a bit more.

I even moved some logs which might explain my stiffness today.

Anyways on with the day.

Coffee, list, we know the drill. That works best.

PS Pizza on ciabatta with tat'er tots.

Was yum. Nae photae mind, that's Greyings dept :D

And you'll all be relieved to know the spag bog finally got portioned (after himselfs bike ride) and put in the freezer.

I know we all worry about this stuff.
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    As I have a free delivery £10/off order online I'm off to peruse the cupboards and compare what we bought with what we've got left. For the bulky stuff I think an order online worked fab. But we'll see.

Not that its the end of the month yet of course.........but its interesting to look.

Today holds a bit of work (already done an hour)
    A bit of gardening
    A bit of washing/flat painting
    A bit of walking the hounds and I need to get those miles up.

Proper list in a bit.

:)
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    And just to remind ourselves what we don't need to buy cos we've got it growing oot there in the garden.

Peas
    Courgettes
    Lettuce
    Tomatoes
    Eggs
    Herbs
    Strawbs
    Cabbage
    Cucumbers :D
    Flowers.

Even in our disorganised state, that's a few things we did need to buy last month.

Progress dear hearts, progress.
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    OOOH lists. First thing on my list would be motivation. Was in A&E until 3 this morning. Yawn, ruddy kids.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lucielle wrote: »
    OOOH lists. First thing on my list would be motivation. Was in A&E until 3 this morning. Yawn, ruddy kids.
    L

Hope everyone is ok?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family