Options

Comments

• adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,815 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    dzug1 wrote: »
    In what way was it a 'genuine mistake'?

I am not saying the OP but this question is completely rational as there are a lot of instances where people are using a kid as a shield to escape from penalty, etc. A good example is buying some pirated illegal, illegal copies of the game software, etc and acknowledge that the kid are using their computers.
  • Jeff_Bridges_hair
    Options
    DUTR wrote: »
    In Birmingham , the old cream and navy buses, in fact my late Uncle was a bus conductor.

These were the type

bus_zps63d37995.jpg

Yes but theyre not in use now are they.
    "If you no longer go for a gap, you are no longer a racing driver" - Ayrton Senna
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    Options
    Yes but theyre not in use now are they.

I agree, I did include earlier"it was a long time since any of us used the bus service in any regularity, and even then we got on at the rear and there was a conductor."

So the T&Cs about adult fares would not be at the forefront, perhaps the child may have been more aware, I don't think the Mum was as it opened a short debate on the topic hence why I created the thread, we had to check on the web for the 5-15 child fare, which had then drifted onto child is an adult in retaurants at 14, 15 for the buses and trains, 18 for pubs and voting and 20 for the child benefit and child support .
  • Jeff_Bridges_hair
    Options
    Where did this happen?
    "If you no longer go for a gap, you are no longer a racing driver" - Ayrton Senna
  • DUTR
    edited 11 June 2014 at 11:43AM
    Options
    Where did this happen?

Either Birmingham or Solihull, both would be covered by National Express West Midlands Travel.
    I suppose the culprit was highligted as they are on study leave now so was using the service outside usual to or from school time. That said, I would have imagined the off peak fare would be similar to the child fare (although still it is not mitigation).
  • rash161
    rash161 Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    bsms1147 wrote: »
    Watch out, we got a badass over here.

I spend the majority of my spare time training in martial arts, most people don't, including law enforcement and especially bus drivers.
  • bsms1147
    bsms1147 Posts: 2,261 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    rash161 wrote: »
    I spend the majority of my spare time training in martial arts, most people don't, including law enforcement and especially bus drivers.
    Well then hopefully you'll go down for assault when you do end up putting a bus conductor on the floor.
  • rash161
    Options
    bsms1147 wrote: »
    Well then hopefully you'll go down for assault when you do end up putting a bus conductor on the floor.

Who said anything about hurting them?
  • DUTR
    Options
    rash161 wrote: »

heh heh , I thought the idea of learning martial arts was to adopt refrain from getting involved " the art of fighting without fighting" bus drivers are employed to drive the vehicles, not police the T&Cs , eg they won't challenge somebody smoking or eating hot food on the bus.
  • rash161
    Options
    DUTR wrote: »
    heh heh , I thought the idea of learning martial arts was to adopt refrain from getting involved " the art of fighting without fighting" bus drivers are employed to drive the vehicles, not police the T&Cs , eg they won't challenge somebody smoking or eating hot food on the bus.

Yes, but there's times where you have to fight off threats and oppressors, like the Ninja fighting the Samurai. Hence also why you don't necessarily hurt someone even when defending yourself. If someone tries to hit me, they'll find themselves falling over, it's their own kinetic energy which causes that, the harder they try to hit, the harder they fall.

And yes, exactly, so if one of them asks for your name, simply walk away, they're not going to do any more than that, if they have your name, it's because you volunteered the information to them, they can't force it out of you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure