Options
    Cake and hugs sound nice.

WaS is quiet, I hope she is OK .

Still tired .
    Decluttering, 20 mins / day Jan 2024 2/2 
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Good evening all!

Thank you JM for posting (and thank you your colleague for me too-wise words)and thank you to everyone for being so understanding. I am very aware that I cannot have friendships like other people, I tend to be far too paranoid to meet people face to face or trust people with my address but I worry that people might see that as rejecting them if they offered and I would never want anyone to feel pushed away. Simply I can't do it, the illness won't let me. I was discussing with JM how hard it is to care about people as I do everyone here but be unable for it to be more than this, and how I already feel guilty that I couldn't if someone offered.

Please never think that I don't care about anyone here, I think and worry about you all everyday. I am just very limited in what I can do-a mixture of social phobia and paranoid schizophrenia isn't the best! I did leave with JM having an address to contact me at so that if I suddenly disappear there is a way to find out where I have gone if needed, again I wouldn't want to worry anyone.

I guess I just worry about upsetting people because there are certain things involving friendship that I just can't do even if I want to, I would never want anyone to think that I didn't like enough or didn't trust them. It is the illnesses that hold me back and I have to work with that or I will make myself ill.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • oldestgnome
    oldestgnome Posts: 578 Forumite
    edited 5 October 2014 at 9:50PM
    Options
    Hugs and cake, great combination! I have had hugs and my friends bought me a lovely box of shortbread today, there's plenty to go round :)

((((pyxis))))

More happy birthday wishes to MU the birthday girl.

Wise words from JM and her friend, thank you for reminding us all.

Hope your cold goes quickly Haybel.

*waves to everyone*

ETA evening WaS, you never need to worry that you will upset someone, it is important you look after what is best for your health :)
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Was,

You are coping amazingly. I'd simply say not to worry. :) we're all doing splendidly here aren't we? :). I think no one will so much as turn a hair apart from a virtual hug and reassurance that people just want you to feel comfortable.

( though it does mean I cannot send you kiwi in the post when he is naughty!)
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    You can send him via JM, LIR! He could have a little travel journey to get to me. I am still open for adoption, I'll even take muddy paws and a muck heap!
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ((((pyxis))))

Another hug!! I'm being spoiled!

Thank you, Oldestgnome! :)

WaS, it's perfectly all right! We do understand!, and you're not upsetting anyone. Please don't worry!

Look, this thread is such a great way for you to have friends and a good old chinwag without having to leave your home or endure the consequences of physical social interaction. We know it's your illness preventing that, and we aren't offended and we don't mind!

On this thread you can have the best of all worlds - a good social life without the need to have to get dressed up to go out! And it's cheap, too! :D
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You can send him via JM, LIR! He could have a little travel journey to get to me. I am still open for adoption, I'll even take muddy paws and a muck heap!

Don't forget he comes with cleavers, too! :D
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Cleaver free, just stinky today. But asleep, he 'worked' really hard today too. He had supper half an hour early and fell asleep straight after and has barely moved since. While we were messing around with weeds and planting things and fencing and so on, he was doing really important stuff like running around the fields barking, chi pecking out the ditches , barking at the chickens, chasing flies,.....
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    He was working hard, LIR! Give him a cuddle from me please! PS. I'll take Dog Dog and Big Dog, too! I am used to stinky breath, my cat had to have all of her teeth removed when she has kidney failure as it had made them all rot. They had to wait until she was strong enough which was 2 months with the worse breath ever. I still cuddled and kissed her.

Aw, thank you, Pyxis. I do worry about upsetting people, I would never want anyone to think that I just didn't like them because that couldn't be further from the truth. Everyone here means the world to me, it is just my silly illnesses get in the way of anything more.

• whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure