🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

How much is your average monthly electric bill?

Options

Comments

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    coops024 wrote: »
    on the down side my PC is on 24/7 (it acts as a server)

So turn the heating off/down in that room. Virtually every joule you pump into that PC will turn into heat.

EDF wanted to charge me £80 pcm for electricity when I moved. Single person...gas heating.. :rolleyes:
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • bewildergirl
    Options
    My duel fuel bill is £141.50 per month with Scottish Power on their Online NSC tariff, and I've just switched to British Gas. Scottish Power underestimated several bills and now before I switch I am landed with a whopping bill, which given that the last quarter covers mostly a summer period.

I'm not a happy camper.
  • yellowmonkey
    yellowmonkey Posts: 7,052 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have a key meter onto which i put £40-£45 per month on. That is a 2 bedroom house where everthing is on and the TV is on all night in our bedroom.

ym
  • misspoppy
    misspoppy Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi
    We only have electric here with very old electric radiators and 2 stand alone oil filled radiators. I work from home and really feel the cold but my electric is only £80 a month. I know i can get it cheaper but we want to be on a green plan and uswitch told me powergen would be cheapest, did you sign up for one of the tie in deals maybe this is why its expensive.
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    We pay £118 a month for both, £70 of that is electric. We have four adults in the house really, someone here all day most days.

But the account is in credit so we might drop it a bit for the summer
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • Crown
    Crown Posts: 1,377 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I have decided that I am paying well over the odds for my electric and have decided that my electric bill will be my next debt to get the DFW Snowball Treatment ;)

I have also made a start of making making sure everything is unplugged and will try and monitor what exactly where using so much money on. Let battle commence!
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 297 - Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts :D
  • jrbnkt
    Options
    i read my gas and electric a few weeks back,after a week i got a letter saying they now want 60 pound a month electric and a staggering 171 pound a month gas, how can this be possible...
  • barbiedoll
    barbiedoll Posts: 5,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    You should ask about getting the meter checked if you think you're not using that much. It could be faulty, which is more common than people realise. (I used to work for an energy supplier)
    "I may be many things but not being indiscreet isn't one of them"
  • MadamMim2013
    MadamMim2013 Posts: 887 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We only have electricity, no gas in our village!
    We're paying £73 per month (inc paying off owings) but we're on economy 7!! This years been a learning curve for us and we've now worked out a system within our house to use more night electric (off peak) than day. Including doing washing loads etc, I also try to turn off unused things etc & we have energy saving bulbs through the whole house!
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts