🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Forever Home Fund

Options

Comments

• katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ugh, imbibed a little too much last night, today will not be productive!

Going to make apple and damson pie and also some cereal bars - I can't do breakfast before I leave home (too early!) and we're not allowed to eat meals at our desk but I could get away with a cereal bar. They're so expensive in the shops so I thought I'd give it a try.

Given the amount of apples we have I shall be trying to use some up over the coming weeks!
  • katep23
    Options
    Another small OP of £37.50 for some euros I sold to a colleague, we're not likely to be on the continent any time soon so I'd rather have the money even if the exchange rate isn't great.

Raining here, gutted as the forecast was dry until this afternoon so I left the washing out last night - oops! Will get the free-standing rotary dryer out under the car port shortly.

Spendy day yesterday - we've decided to put laminate down in the kitchen and "conservatory". Cost £291 after we returned some stuff and with a bit of ear-wigging on a conversation at the customer service desk I discovered there was £20 off if you spend £100 on flooring so managed to get that reduced :j

It may be some time before we are ready to do the under floor heating and it's good to have something we like down as OH really can't stand lino. Plus we can fit the laminate whereas we would need someone to lay the lino due to bay window (and it would have to have a join).

OH's parents coming over tomorrow to help.

Boy racer car failed MOT yesterday on a broken spring but not due until 19th September however cannot now drive it until fixed. Trusty diesel due in for MOT this morning (expired yesterday) so better hope it passes otherwise I'm taking the van to work tomorrow :eek:

Can't wait to see total on Tuesday after next mortgage payment, been a good month for OPs :)
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    good deal on the laminate!! Hope all gets sorted with the car and the other one passes it's MOT next week!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • katep23
    Options
    Thanks DFOD - unfortunately car failed its MOT so it looks like I'm taking the van to work on Tuesday :o

Nothing major but it need some work on the suspension - OH can probably do it but not in time to get it through MOT tomorrow.

Will book boy racer car in for work on Thursday when I am working from home so will have a car on Friday hopefully.

In-laws over tomorrow to help lay laminate - going to be a busy day :)
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Hi Kate.
    How many ducks and chickens do you have?
    Are they moneymaking or just as pets? Productive pets?
    X
  • katep23
    Options
    Hi SHS, we have 20 ducks and 8 chickens. The chickens are all ex-batts which I love, amazing to see them feather up and discover how to be chickens!

Round here I can't charge a lot for the eggs (£1 for chicken and £1.30 for duck) due to competition but I charge more at work (£1.30 for chicken and £1.60 for duck). There is someone a few miles away who is the only one selling eggs in the locality and they charge a lot more.

They pay for their feed and bedding but not much more - we get free eggs but it doesn't cover the cost of their house if it needs to be replaced.

We get 5 to 6 chicken eggs a day and anywhere between 5 and 15 duck eggs. We're getting more now but come winter it will stop almost completely.

My OH loves duck eggs so we buy 3 new ducks each year, usually born around March / April so they come into lay by September and he gets a couple of eggs a day through the winter. The ducks start to come back into lay late January /February and by March are in full production.

We have a couple of our older ducks we are fond of but they are livestock to us and don't have names. At some point I am sure we will be foxed so we don't want to get too close.

That said, it's lovely to look out the window and see them - my folks have ducks and chickens and my mum commented that she wishes they were closer to the house so they could see them as they are hugely entertaining!

Waffle waffle, hope that was useful x
  • katep23
    edited 3 September 2015 at 9:40AM
    Options
    December 2014
    Mortgage £346,545.00
    Mortgage free date 2044
    LTV 86.64%

3rd September 2015
    Mortgage £339,286.57
    Total paid off capital in last month £980.84
    Total paid off capital £7,308.43
    OP 01/04/15 to date: £1,199.65 / £1,800
    Total OP to date: £1,576.79
    MOS: £14,373,23
    LTV: 84.82%

Amount to Mortgage Neutral - £324,913.34!

We're below 85% LTV and in the £330s!

MOS has not increased but so far we have paid for the work on the house out of salary and not touched savings, it is likely to dip a bit over the next few weeks.

£6.66 from £co, £4 Blue Rewards, £5.89 from Paypal and 89p interest to OP this month - £16,55.
  • katep23
    Options
    Right, have got a really tight month coming up due to huuuggge credit card bill so need to challenge myself a la New Girly :)
    • Groceries for rest of month - £300 starting today and including Costco shop, pet food and wine
    • Costco shop on Wednesday next week - take list and stick to it
    • Take lunch every day for rest of September (both of us)
    • Make inventory of freezer and cupboards and meal plan

My folks are coming for Sunday lunch so need to buy a joint as have promised them roast lamb but potatoes and runner beans will be from garden and they are bringing carrots. Will make an apple pie and have custard and ice cream already so no spends other than that :)
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Thanks Kate that WAS useful.
    Checkout smallholding sister's strictly sober savetember!
  • katep23
    Options
    I sooo need a Savetember.

Think OH is on board after I enlightened him about how much we have in savings and the likely value of current work we are waiting for quotes on :cool:

Lots of odd freezer meal coming up I suspect...

Oh and bread, just done an AF order and the granary bread flour was on offer :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure