Grant of Confirmation

Options

Comments

• FranckD
    Options
    Many thanks for your feedback Savvy_Sue and Gillybilly_2. I hadn't consider CGT implications. Apart from this I'm pretty much ready to start filling in C1.  Is there still someone who would be willing to share an anonymised C1 so that I have template to follow? Much appreciated. 
  • Feefmac
    Options
    This is a great thread - thank you so much to all who've contributed.

I'm preparing to submit my C1 to Airdrie Sheriff Court.  I wonder if anyone on here has experience with them and knows how particular they might be?
  • Imagnu_2
    Imagnu_2 Posts: 112 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    when I was filling in the summary of estate boxes (form C5) the totals automatically rounded up to whole pounds; filling in the estate information on form C1 the figures remain as inputted (is that a word?) including the pence. The solicitor that took time to look over my then incompleted forms made a note that the figures on the 2 forms have to match, so my question is can I round up the figures on both forms  or do I leave those boxes blank and fill them in by hand after printing out the otherwise completed forms?
  • buddy9
    buddy9 Posts: 470 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Assets are rounded down and liabilities are rounded up.

The guidance for C1 says to round down assets which I think you need to do manually on the form. Form C5 automatically rounds up and down as appropriate.

Presumably the death was pre-2022 because form C5 is not used for deaths from 1 Jan 2022
  • Sharrows_Shadow
    Options
    Thanks to all who have added to this fabulous thread and I wish I'd found it before I submitted C1 & C5
    It's been returned because declaration page 2. 2. That I am....... was not correctly worded.

The very helpful Sheriff Officer emailed the advice - Please refer to Currie 9th edition - 10.28, 10.30, 10.32, 10.34 - 10.37 (page 279 - 282) for assistance with the correct wording to be used.

I spent a long time trying to find info from 9th edition and even the National Library of Scotland didn't have a copy! After reading all 31 pages here I haven't found an answer although some have touched on my question and I hope someone can help.

My dad passed January 2021 and I'm just getting my act together now.
    He made his Will in 1994
    He was living at another address
    I was named as executrix
    I am the only beneficiary
    I have divorced and remarried since the Will was written so my name has changed
    My address has changed

Can anyone please help with how I'm supposed to write this?
    Thank you for all the great content and I hope this adds more info to help others
  • Feefmac
    Options
    I hope I'm not repeating a question which has already been answered - I have looked through the conversations here but no success.  I'm struggling to understand the differences in figures wanted in boxes 23, 24 and 25.  Box 11 has the total of the house value and several bank accounts. Box 12 has the funeral expenses, giving me a net value in box 15.  How do these transfer to boxes 23, 24 and 25?  The total estate comes under the IHT threshold. Thank for any help!
  • buddy9
    edited 15 February 2022 at 5:31PM
    Options
    It's been returned because declaration page 2. 2. That I am....... was not correctly worded.

Name and address changes need to be explained in the declaration and name changes are normally referenced by documentation which would also be submitted.

I wonder if the following would work for you. Perhaps your contact might be able to confirm suitability by email before submission.

In box at top of page 2 

DECLARATION BY

[insert your name as on page 1] previously residing at [insert your address as shown on will], now residing at [insert your address as shown on page 1].

In box 2 of page 2

That I am

the daughter and executrix nominate of the deceased [insert name of deceased ] conform to his will dated [insert date of will] herewith exhibited, docquetted and signed as relative hereto. In said will the deceased was designed as residing at [insert deceased's address shown on will], a former address, the deceased latterly resided at [insert deceased’s address as on page 1]. In said will I am named as [insert your previous name], my name has been changed by marriage to [insert name as page 1] conform to the certificate of marriage dated [insert date] which is herewith exhibited, docquetted and signed as relative hereto.

LATER EDIT
    ADDED NOTE IN CASE ANYONE REFERENCES

all address changes go into box 2

name change reason does not need to be disclosed

See later OP post
  • buddy9
    Options
    Feefmac said:
    I hope I'm not repeating a question which has already been answered - I have looked through the ................................................ Thank for any help!
    I wonder if I could ask - what is your relationship to the deceased?
  • Feefmac
    Options
    buddy9 said:
    Feefmac said:
    I hope I'm not repeating a question which has already been answered - I have looked through the ................................................ Thank for any help!
    I wonder if I could ask - what is your relationship to the deceased?
    I'm his daughter, buddy9.
  • GSS20
    GSS20 Posts: 113 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Feefmac said:
    I hope I'm not repeating a question which has already been answered - I have looked through the conversations here but no success.  I'm struggling to understand the differences in figures wanted in boxes 23, 24 and 25.  Box 11 has the total of the house value and several bank accounts. Box 12 has the funeral expenses, giving me a net value in box 15.  How do these transfer to boxes 23, 24 and 25?  The total estate comes under the IHT threshold. Thank for any help!
    Box 23 is the same figure as box 15, box 21 and box 11 same figure, box 24 making assumptions no inheritance tax and that the estate is excepted estate then you tick yes for excepted estate and no for the rest. Box 25 is 0.00 for no tax.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback