Grant of Confirmation

Options

Comments

• GSS20
    GSS20 Posts: 113 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can someone please confirm if you have to fill in boxes 21 22 and 23 on page 5 of form C1 if their is no inheritance tax to pay. I have filled in box 25 as 0.
    Hopefully this is my last question. Thanks
    Yes you do. Boxes 22 and 23 were the same figure.
  • sonnyboy987
    Options
    Hooray my certificate of confirmation has arrived. Thanks to all the help from this forum I shall keep following and hopefully be able to help others.

• CR2021
    CR2021 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hooray my certificate of confirmation has arrived. Thanks to all the help from this forum I shall keep following and hopefully be able to help others.

Well done.  Roughly, how long did it take? Thank you
  • gegs7072
    Options
    This may be a daft question but I've tied myself up in knots reading and re reading things.  My mums estate is classed as large.... But we'll under the IHT do I send the c1 and c5 direct to sherif Court? 

Also do I list furniture, jewellery, furniture cash as moveable estate in Scotland.... as I sent in my forms direct to Edinburgh and got them back as she only had bank accounts which head office was in england..... I was advised to apply in England?  

• Gillybilly_2
    Options
    Both C1 and C5 are required.  From the scotscourts.gov.uk website...
    "Confirmation is possible only if the inventory includes at least one item of money or other property in Scotland"  You list the heritable first, ie the house in Scotland with full details, Title deed number, address, value etc then the moveable.  You will need to list all the moveable items and values (can be Executors estimate as long as you state that).  Large valuable items I would itemise, but smaller things I would put under personal effects.

You will still need to list any bank accounts with balance at date of death, even if their HQ is in England.  My inventory only included financial institutions, all but one were headquartered in England.  Shame as the English system seems to be more straightforward.  From what I have read on here Edinburgh Sheriff Court can be very picky.  Good luck. I am sure someone will guide you re Edinburgh's requirements. 
  • sonnyboy987
    Options
    CR2021. They received forms on the Wednesday and I had certificates back by the following Tuesday so very quick.
  • ceetdm1
    Options
    sonnyboy987, was this the first time the form had been submitted? Was it for a large estate? How did the sheriff court communicate with you were you able to call them?
    Sorry for all the questions.
  • sonnyboy987
    Options
    Ceetdm1 I have sent you a message hope you get it
  • marndeil
    Options
    Can anyone please send me an anonymised copies of the application forms C1 and C5,  it would be much appreciated .
  • stuart170470
    Options
    Just wondering how others listed property in the inventory.
    My dads house in on the sasines register and I have the extract.
    Should I use the first entry on the register or refer to the one that details my dads purchase.
    thanks.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure