Shall we get started?

Options

Comments

• Polly_Wolly_Doodle
    Options
    Last day of 2014 and £3 just redeemed from mysurvey:beer:
    Have paid in £110 of Xmas money to the children's accounts and might move more once I see how much Jan is going to cost!

Have a great Hogmanay everyone:beer:!!
    Weight: need to lose 71lbs - lost to date 0lbs
    One Poll: £3.20
    My Survey: £0.00
    Ebay: £0.00
  • Polly_Wolly_Doodle
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone:beer:

Good start here, yesterday's £3 from mysurvey has appeared in the bank as £5! So now split £2.50 to mort and the same to savings.

Bring it on!!
  • Polly_Wolly_Doodle
    Options
    Morning all, another mysurvey payout of £3, so split as usual.
    Howling gale outside and it's trying to snow, so a day for being inside and doing more surveys.

Big dog going to the vet on Tuesday to get his bits off, he's been sniffing the pup and although she's only 9 months his attention could bring her into season. Will let her grow fully and then get her done as well:eek:, my poor savings account!
  • Polly_Wolly_Doodle
    Options
    Big dog not great, had his op but when we went back for the check up his temp was high and the 'site' is pretty red and swollen.
    He had a jag and more tablets to take and we went back again yesterday to find his temp is still up and the area is hardening. So if his body doesn't 'sort it out'(?) then he may need another op:(.
    Feel awful, he was a perfectly happy dog, probably should have just got the pup seen to...

Talking of which the vet is suggesting she's done soon, before her first season and before she's fully grown - is this normal now? Think when I was younger they wanted them to have a season and to be fully mature both in size and in mental maturity??

Money, well the threat of another op isn't helping but the yougov money came through and has been split between mort and vet fund:eek:

Was very close to buying a small business but someone else has offered and actually feel both gutted and relieved.
    All for the best I think as hopefully there will be some form of redundancy within two or three years and in the meantime I can keep my eye on houses and businesses. I know what I want to do but trying to get the right premises in the right place will be a lottery.
  • Polly_Wolly_Doodle
    Options
    Small £10.55 profit from ebay, so mortgage £5.27 lighter.
    Phoned A&L to discover that if we wanted to get the mort back on track we'd need to be paying £1196 per month...
    If we asked to do it formally we'd have to reapply for our own mortgage:rotfl:, like they'd approve us. Scandalous.
    But the advisor said I could just continue to op, thank God.
  • Polly_Wolly_Doodle
    Options
    Small profit from ebay so £2.54 to the mort and the same to savings.:j

Shop is back on the market as the owner's solicitor wouldn't let him accept the offer he'd had for it! So going back for a look on Friday and looking at a cottage too. Probably fruitless as A&L wouldn't let me port my portable mort but God loves a trier:p

Daughter has been recommended to take a scholarship for senior school, so that is going to involve expense to go there and have a look around. Not remotely :money:!
  • Polly_Wolly_Doodle
    Options
    Sold three things on ebay, so tiny profit of £6.76, so will split as usual.

Have made an offer on the shop but turns out post office income will drop to less than a third of what the current tenant gets as the PO are changing their payment structure as and when POs change hands.
    Should probably reduce the offer but it's v cheap anyway, again not being very:money:,:o.
  • Polly_Wolly_Doodle
    Options
    Right posting before :money: site changes again. Logged on yesterday and couldn't find my saved threads etc :eek:.

Not feeling very enthusiastic at the moment regarding the mortgage.
    However the good news is that Nationwide will apparently look at mortgages for discharged BRs at three years post discharge, which will be May for us.
    So if I hold my nerve we could go for the cottage we saw and decrease the mortgage massively.
    Again it would be at their standard rate / tracker etc, so no stupid APR :D.

I think our offer on the shop has been accepted but the current occupier is a bit variable, sometimes upbeat sometimes grumpy, so very difficult to work with. And it won't improve as he'll want me to buy his stock and I don't want his junk!!

The senior school down south was amazing, really fantastic, so we're all keen she works hard and gets a place, with scholarship and bursary!!

£35 from £co, so will split that and give £17.50 to the mort, talk about token gesture!
  • Polly_Wolly_Doodle
    Options
    DH paid yesterday so a whopping balance left of £50.47, so split to mort and savings.
    Not impressive but something.

I should be keeping as much money liquid as possible to get this house ready for selling but I find it more fun to op:D

Off to look at Dave Ramsey's new budgeting tool, every dollar - see if it looks helpful or not!
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    DH paid yesterday so a whopping balance left of £50.47, so split to mort and savings.
    Not impressive but something.

Better than £50.47 overdrawn :beer:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure