Only freedom will do

Options

Comments

• edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,469 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    £10.49 OPed - didn't want to get thrown out.
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I don't see that she can Alex, she has had the vaccination against it.

Birthday ended well as I won the lottery.

My Sister and I both had whooping cough aged 8 & 10 and we had also been vaccinated. The innoculation does not prevent it but does reduce the effects so you don't die - or that's what the Dr told my Mum!
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • edinburgher
    Options
    I did not know that.

DD seems a tiny bit perkier this morning - last night was the first time she managed to have an uninterrupted sleep in 3 weeks! :eek:
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Phew! Glad she is sleeping through again. Hopefully the extra sleep will help her to bounce back.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • edinburgher
    Options
    earthgirl wrote: »
    Phew! Glad she is sleeping through again. Hopefully the extra sleep will help her to bounce back.

Healthy children can be such charmers. Rather than sitting around like a zombie, I got in yesterday evening and she raced up the stairs after me when I went to get changed after work, dredged around in Mrs E's jewellery box and then chased me around with a plastic pizza :D
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Excellent news ed.
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • edinburgher
    Options
    DD not pleased to be back at nursery today, I hope it is only a phase :(

On an unrelated note, why on earth do Mrs E's employers keep signing her up for !!!!!! pension schemes? Her new scheme was 'cheaper' than the old one, but then it transpired that it actually cost the same, then they started charging other costs that were not explicitly called out in the documentation provided. Don't get me wrong, it's a few quid here and there, but it all adds up.

Mrs E is a perfectly normal person in that she has no real interest, which makes it difficult to tell whether things are being omitted, or whether she just hasn't passed on all the relevant documents...
  • edinburgher
    Options
    Baby reins have not turned up, poor show Am@zon. I don't like the idea myself, but I fully accept Mrs E's concerns about DD's magnetic attraction to bodies of water :eek:

Contacted Am@zon to make an effective complaint (was only looking for a couple of £) and was offered an extra month of Prime for free with no arguing.

That'll do :)

Pension has had its annual rebalancing, asset allocations looking neat and tidy.
  • edinburgher
    Options
    Do I win the prize for ultimate booze bargain hunting?

11 bottles of £14.99 wine from W@itrose (£164.89) -> 25% off offer on wine (£120.89) -> £20 off £100 spend (£100.89) -> 10% cashback from the Spanish bank (£90.80) -> £8 off first order of £100+ after discounts (£82.80) + free delivery :beer:
  • edinburgher
    Options
    Monthly work pension has arrived :j

Getting excited about the next milestone - more than 1x annual salary in current DC pot.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure