Only freedom will do

Options

Comments

• Hollyboll
    Options
    I am a walking contradiction at times HB

I know that feeling - both those feelings .... All of them :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Fleabay + Weebuy + Gumfree since started diary 94 items sold, £649.71 clear profit
  • Luckyinlife
    Luckyinlife Posts: 1,613 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds great ed for the bathroom

I got a under sink storage with soft close draws haha wasn't that expensive looks great loads of storage and the sink is built in can pick them up for about £100-200 for a nice one
    $_57.JPG

i managed to find some cook and lewis taps on offer for £10 fair to say i wouldn't let them go haha
    Mortgage--- [STRIKE]£67700 March 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65221 April 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64983 July 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64780 sept 15[/STRIKE] Remortgage [STRIKE]£67295 oct 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£66599 Nov 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65878.73 Dec 15[/STRIKE][STRIKE] £64834 1st Jan 16[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Feb 16 £64,511.89[/STRIKE][STRIKE] March 16 £64,056.40[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]April 16 £62550[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]May 16 £62,396.20[/STRIKE] Feb 17 £60.800
    Emergency fund 23k
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Bathroom sounds lovely:), know someone who has just finished major gut out/refurb in a bathroom, well whole house actually, has got the upvc panelling on wall and ceiling, lighting was easy to do (for them). Got a lovely bathroom mirror with lights from B & M rrp £80 their price £50 and @ldi's this week have the chrome towel heaters (saw them this morning) for £20 but do look on the small side.
    Worth having a look though.
    Only 2 more sleeps (if you get any):D. Good Luck with the move.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,469 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I got a under sink storage with soft close draws haha wasn't that expensive looks great loads of storage and the sink is built in can pick them up for about £100-200 for a nice one

What sorts of shops did you look at for storage LIL? Or was it largely online?
    Went with floor-to-ceiling tiles around the bath and opted for wood cladding along the other walls (as the paint colour on the walls above is much easier to change than tiles!)

I think wood cladding can look great. My folks have a cottage with masses of it over a foot of insulation, it is super cozy. Not sure it would look right in our 70s house though.
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    I think wood cladding can look great. My folks have a cottage with masses of it over a foot of insulation, it is super cozy. Not sure it would look right in our 70s house though.

Our house was built in 1970. ;) I think it looks pretty good (but I'm biased :p) - we put up a picture rail above it to delineate the paint vs cladding, and painted the cladding a very faint white (so that the wood grain still shows through a bit). Picture rail is a glossy white. It allowed us to go with a pretty strong colour for the walls (sort of an ocean blue/teal) because it's only the top half of the wall.

Also, on the ceiling front, I've become converted to the 2-shades-lighter-than-the-walls camp - have done that in our bedroom and our bathroom (the two most recent rooms we painted) and it looks great. You don't really notice the ceiling much compared to the stark white. (We did 50/50 white matt mixed with our ocean blue for the ceiling which worked well until DH tried to touch it up with 100% ocean blue :rotfl:)
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,469 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sounds lovely, not dissimilar to a rellies house who lives very close to the beach and has gone for nautical light :)
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks! Didn't really have any sort of theme going (for the bathroom or the house ;)) but at least the colours go well together. (Solely down to me as DH is colour-blind. Bonus is that he won't know to complain if something doesn't match, down side is that I'm the only one to blame in that case!)
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Re heated towel rail, if it is chrome.....Please bear in mind they look great, do keep the bathroom warm, but need constant 'buffing'. I would still have them again though :)

Tilly x x
    How do you buff yours Tilly
    Hi Mr E, I use a microfibre duster and it works brilliantly. Tend to do it 2-3 times a week.

Buff? Is that the same as running the last bit of paper off the toilet roll across any bits with marks/noticeable dust? :o
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Secret_Saving_Squirrel
    Options
    Gally, we clearly share a more ad hoc approach to housework.......
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • Luckyinlife
    Luckyinlife Posts: 1,613 Forumite
    Options
    100% of my stuff came from online its just so much cheaper and you get it there and then

Ebay i got my suit from wich included the sink/ under sink storage a company on there loads about

you can get ones to fit around the sink or ones with the sink fits into the top the ones with the sink in the top offer the best looks and space and you get more space around the sink area for toothbrush soap dispenser ect

THe cladding i actually ripped out of the bathroom its was the old style personally its not my thing in a bathroom but i have new upv cladding in my pourch and its really nice

wiring shouldn't be a huge issue for you
    Mortgage--- [STRIKE]£67700 March 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65221 April 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64983 July 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64780 sept 15[/STRIKE] Remortgage [STRIKE]£67295 oct 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£66599 Nov 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65878.73 Dec 15[/STRIKE][STRIKE] £64834 1st Jan 16[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Feb 16 £64,511.89[/STRIKE][STRIKE] March 16 £64,056.40[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]April 16 £62550[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]May 16 £62,396.20[/STRIKE] Feb 17 £60.800
    Emergency fund 23k
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport