IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Posting on the Parking Board – your help please

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    PatPlum31 said:

Hi,Im a newbie with a problem.

@PatPlum31, please take a moment to read the post immediately before yours on this thread - paying particular attention to the big letters.

• PatPlum31
    Options
    Hi.I have an issue with Smart Parking and Debt Recovery.
    I have read Newbie info etc.
    Firstly.I live in Northern Ireland.
    I was working, for a short time with a company, who had premises in a Retail Park in Belfast,marshalled by Smart Parking.They had an agreement with Smart Parking that employees could park there whilst working.
    I no longer work with that company.
    Secondly.I started receiving parking charge fees  for parking in the retail park, from Smart Parking.(Nearly 1000 pounds).I wrote to them and told them that I was working there and gave them authorisation to contact my ex employer.I also contacted my ex employer and asked  them to contact Smart Parking to verify this information.
    I subsequently got letters from Smart Parking saying that all my appeals were rejected, and that I must pay.
    I then got information from this site and sent a template letter, and also advised them as per template that I would not be entering in to further details with them.
    Thirdly.I am now receiving letters from Debt Recovery on behalf of their clients, which are somewhat threatening .
    I am confused as to my course of action.Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    @PatPlum31 - have you read what @KeithP said above?  Why are you still posting on this thread.  No one is going to help you if you keep doing so here. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • PatPlum31
    Options
    Thanks,just looking assistance,goodbye
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business