Options

Comments

• Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all,

How are we all doing?

I have had a fairly good week, not perfect on food by any means but I have been to the gym again this week for a swim, and have lost 2lbs in 7 days :)

This cold wet weather does not encourage me to go out and exercise!
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done Fmess! If only 'not perfect' brought about weightloss every week!

Primal day 7 nearly done. Food is going well, although I am still having potatoes, so I guess I'm not fully primal really! Weight loss doesn't seem to be much, however, I do feel good in myself. I feel as if I just might see this through to the full 21 days!

Did another ZWOW today: 3x 10 burpee, 40 air squat to parallel, 20 strict mountain climber (foot goes to outside of hand), 10 clapping press up (on my knees!). Took me just over 12 mins - go me!

Am glad it's the weekend! Enjoy!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • nyc_451
    nyc_451 Posts: 502 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Apple muncher, good to see you are trying out the primal diet! It worked wonders for me, but we probably like different foods :) What are your most common meals? I think it's not about eating strictly primal but more about not eating sugar & wheat.

I will try to join you all again. i don't know why but I just couldn't get back on a track for too long :(
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Hi blue_mango - yes, for me, eating primally seems to be mostly about avoiding grains and sugar. I'm down nearly 2lb but think I must be eating a LOT as I was expecting more. Or was that a vain hope?!? :rotfl:

It's doing my self-discipline some good. Having made the decision to eat this way for 21 days, I'm not making daily decisions regarding sugar and grains :D.

Hope you leap back on the band-wagon soon. I'm happy to be 'doing something' about it in Nov, and not waiting for Jan. Do keep popping in.
  • JediWinner
    Options
    Too late to add myself on?
    Joined weight watchers four weeks ago and have been running (more like shuffling along) 3 times a week with a couch 2 5k group.

Good Luck to everyone!
    Re-starting comping and saving May 2016 :j:money:
  • Caeraugirl
    Options
    Hi all,

Not such a good week, gained 1lb and now typing with opened bottle of beer at my side......... Have been slipping but must get back on track tomorrow!
    Applemuncher, have been reading about Primal eating, seems similar to John Briffa and Sarah Wilson (I Quit Sugar) - makes a lot of sense and like the 21 day element to start off gently. How are you finding it? Know you've said a bit about it on here but wondered if you find it easy to stick to, or if you've had cravings? And is the diet varied enough for you?
    Fmess, know what you mean about the weather and exercise, I loved running in the autumn & winter last year but struggling to do anything outdoors this last couple of weeks.
    And hello again Blue Mango, and welcome JediWinner! Loved C25K, are you enjoying it?
    #19 Save £12k in 2024 £5808.21/£12000

May NSD Challenge 1/20
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all

Welcome Jediwinner, of course you can join in :) I started with the C25K last year and did the C210K too, I do enjoy the effects running has on the body.

Went to the gym today and managed to run 22 minutes out of 30 on the treadmill. My fitness is slowly coming back. Walked the dogs yesterday and today and have cleaned the whole house so hopefully that has burnt off some calories too :)

Have a good week everyone :)
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Caeraugirl wrote: »
    Hi all,

Not such a good week, gained 1lb and now typing with opened bottle of beer at my side......... Have been slipping but must get back on track tomorrow!
    Applemuncher, have been reading about Primal eating, seems similar to John Briffa and Sarah Wilson (I Quit Sugar) - makes a lot of sense and like the 21 day element to start off gently. How are you finding it? Know you've said a bit about it on here but wondered if you find it easy to stick to, or if you've had cravings? And is the diet varied enough for you?
    Fmess, know what you mean about the weather and exercise, I loved running in the autumn & winter last year but struggling to do anything outdoors this last couple of weeks.
    And hello again Blue Mango, and welcome JediWinner! Loved C25K, are you enjoying it?

Hi Caeraugirl - I've tried keeping sugar-free before. No added sugar, fruit is allowed. And sort of grain free. I've read the Primal Blueprint a couple of tikes, and spent many a session on marksdailyapple. I'm mostly grain free anyway, being coeliac. So, all in all, this wasn,t a huge shift in my eating. I did make a short list of soups and meals, so that there was some variety. I like the soups as you get a veggie hit and I jst dollop 100g cottage cheese on top for a protein kick.

Cottage cheese is my life-saver! Bfast, lunch and tea may all imclude it! Eggs are another major player.

Supposed to not have pulses, which is fine so far. And potatoes . Epic fail as dh make the most delicious chips!

I have had no cravings at all, so it is a way that suits my body. People are in shock - where do you get your carbs?!? They don't seem to think veggies contain them! Nor fruit! But it does lead to some imteresting conversation...

As I said, I read the book, did some research, planned in advance. But basically, I am simply avoiding all grains and pulses and added sugar. Tho I reckon I'm overeating, just to be safe!!
  • Caeraugirl
    Options
    Thanks Applemuncher, am going to try to cut out grains as a way of easing in gently, and will be making my next vat of vegetable soup when I get home from work so that I'm armed when I get hungry. I already do a meal plan at the beginning of each month, just need to get creative and put some primal-friendly versions on there for me when I do the next one. Think I'll borrow your idea of listing some options then can squeeze them into this month's meal plan - we're a meat-heavy family due to DH anyway so even boosting some meals with veg should work nicely. Hadn't thought of cottage cheese, used lots of sour cream & natural yoghurt in past attempts but think cottage cheese would work better. Thanks again for reply, will give it a go, CG x
    #19 Save £12k in 2024 £5808.21/£12000

May NSD Challenge 1/20
  • JediWinner
    Options
    Thanks all :)

I am finding it really tough now we've done a week of continuous running. Honestly don't know how I'll manage tomorrow.. the most I've done is the 22 minutes, and trust me when I say it was more of a shuffle than a run!

All I want to do is eat afterwards! eeeek
    Re-starting comping and saving May 2016 :j:money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family