We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Are Ebay STUPID - i agree to a return - they rule against me!!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Sheppard_23
    Sheppard_23 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Mandy44 wrote: »
    Luckily eBay are well aware of people refusing to pay refunds by refusing to take deliveries and accept attempted delivery as proof, so they'll get a refund and the returned item back. Which after all the hoops they've been put thru seems fair enough.

What planet are you on???? Read things before you jump in. Sounds like you are one of the buyers who exploits the loopholes to rip off sellers!

I offered a full refund for return before the dispute was even opened. He said he wanted to keep the item, but opened a dispute anyway, which gave him 8 days to return. he refused to return, so I escalated, and he was given a further 10 days to return. Again he failed to return. He had a total of 20 days to return and chose not to. The case was closed after he failed to return within the 10 day period.

2 days after the case was closed he decided he wanted to return. Ebay say it is too late and I could keep the item if he returned it but he would get no refund. Because I do not want him to lose out, I said I would refuse delivery, so he gets the item back, as he will NOT get arefund from Ebay now. I have that in writing from them.

And FYI it's the seller who is made to jump through hoops, not the buyer!!!
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,397 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ebay could not take seller fees from paypal account, as it was closed!

Ebay account I have tried to close, but they say it will take 90 days, despite not being used for the last month due to the disupte. They are not happy about me closing my account, so think they are making it as difficult as possible, but I will just wait it out.

The main reason I closed my account was to stop the scumbag buyer form sending me any more threats if he sends the item back and I refuse delivery.

The PayPal account is only closed 'for use' not for issues. Otherwise think of the loophole this would be for any scammer- open PayPal, take a few thousand, close PayPal and expect to walk away. The fact that eBay could not take fees shows the account is closed for use only.

I really do think you are over reacting here. Buyer had time frame to return item, that time frame is closed.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Sheppard_23
    Options
    No - she is right, if the PayPal account is closed and there's a charge made to it, you will still be charged and possibly start receiving solicitors / balif letters etc.

I made Ebay put it in writing that their decision is final, the case has been closed and he has lost his chance of a refund, as he chose NOT to return the item, so let them try!

I was willing to refund in full from the moment I knew the item was damaged, even though I am 95% sure the buyer damaged the item after delivery. I refused a part refund as I felt the buyer would try to get more money if I paid up, as I am aware this buyer has behaved less than honestly in the past.
  • Sheppard_23
    Options
    So the folks on here who think I was unreasonable by expecting to actually get the iem back before I refunded the buyer, am I right in thinking that you fell that buyers should be able to return an item AFTER a case has closed, and still get a refund?

The buyer in this case hoped to get a refund without sending the item back. he told me if I wanted him to return the item I had to send him £15 to pack it and pay for collection. this supposedly violates Ebay's policies, but still they let him carry on regardless.

Hope you are all so understanding when you get ripped off yourselves on Ebay !!!
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,397 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So the folks on here who think I was unreasonable by expecting to actually get the iem back before I refunded the buyer, am I right in thinking that you fell that buyers should be able to return an item AFTER a case has closed, and still get a refund?

The buyer in this case hoped to get a refund without sending the item back. he told me if I wanted him to return the item I had to send him £15 to pack it and pay for collection. this supposedly violates Ebay's policies, but still they let him carry on regardless.

Hope you are all so understanding when you get ripped off yourselves on Ebay !!!
    You are either just looking for an argument or are blatantly not reading the advice being given.

Since you can't be bothered to read my posts I'm out.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • techspec
    techspec Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    edited 5 May 2014 at 2:27PM
    Options
    Ebay give buyers a few days to respond and then buyers 30 days to return - which is ridiculous.

Ive just received an item back i agreed a return on 2 months ago. Nothing wrong with it - they just changed their mind.

I can no-longer use Paypals return button. They haven't even sent tracked.

I thought he was just a scammer or timewaster - but now realise he's just stupid.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    techspec wrote: »
    Ebay give buyers a few days to respond and then buyers 30 days to return - which is ridiculous.

Ive just received an item back i agreed a return on 2 months ago. Nothing wrong with it - they just changed their mind.

I can no-longer use Paypals return button. They haven't even sent tracked.

I thought he was just a scammer or timewaster - but now realise he's just stupid.

If you give Paypal a ring, they will refund through the original transaction, it gets your Paypal fees back and avoids any issues later with the original or your gift payment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport