We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Are Ebay STUPID - i agree to a return - they rule against me!!

Options

Comments

• Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    Mandy is clearly new to MoneySavingExpert. There are hundreds, literally hundreds of people who have used MSE and complained about the dodgy returns process on eBay.

It sounds like you've been shafted to be honest. Hope it's resolved.
  • andersonsophie_89
    Options
    Mandy44 wrote: »
    I guess that's what you get for misleading descriptions, just have to take it on the chin and try and be more accurate I suppose.

Thats rather unfair. How do you know the person put on a misleading discription? If you dont know how dare you make accusations and judgement like that?
  • andersonsophie_89
    Options
    Without seeing the listing and the fact eBay ruled against you rather than agreed with your view of 'the appropiate spec' I'm making an educated guess that ebay had all the facts they needed to rule correctly. No point in having a go at me just take more care and you'd avoid these problems

Educated guess????? How is that educated? Just a troll keyboard warrier behavour. Im making a edcuated guess, that you wouldnt dare say that to the person face.
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sheppard 23, at least there is always the Small Claims Track of the County Court to help you extract money from the buyer should they return the machine damaged. Their photos should prove enough evidence to use against them.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• Sheppard_23
    Sheppard_23 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    To update, the buyer refused to return the item within the 10 days, Ebay closed the case in his favour, but said I did not have to refund him, I got a black mark against me. Damned if I can understand their logic!
    2 days after the case was closed, buyer contacts me and said he would be sending the item back the next day, Ebay had given him a prepaid label, and that was the last day it was valid. I replied saying he was too late, as the case was closed, and no refund would be given. I contacted Ebay and got them to put in writing that they would not refund him if he provided a tracking number, and forwarded the meaage from Ebay to him.
    As Ebay say one thing and do another, and the buyer is dishonest, I closed my paypal account as a precaution. I don't know if the item will arrive back or not, but I will not be accepting delivery. I told him I would refuse delivery and he would eventually get the item back.
    Anyhting more I should be doing to cover myself? Appaently I have to wait 30 days before I can clsoed my Ebay account.
  • parking_question_chap
    Options
    Tbh with your attitude I'm not surprised the buyer asked eBay to make the decision rather than dealing with you.

Could not agree more.
  • Mandy44
    Mandy44 Posts: 288 Forumite
    Options
    Luckily eBay are well aware of people refusing to pay refunds by refusing to take deliveries and accept attempted delivery as proof, so they'll get a refund and the returned item back. Which after all the hoops they've been put thru seems fair enough.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,392 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 5 May 2014 at 1:12PM
    Options
    To update, the buyer refused to return the item within the 10 days, Ebay closed the case in his favour, but said I did not have to refund him, I got a black mark against me. Damned if I can understand their logic!
    2 days after the case was closed, buyer contacts me and said he would be sending the item back the next day, Ebay had given him a prepaid label, and that was the last day it was valid. I replied saying he was too late, as the case was closed, and no refund would be given. I contacted Ebay and got them to put in writing that they would not refund him if he provided a tracking number, and forwarded the meaage from Ebay to him.
    As Ebay say one thing and do another, and the buyer is dishonest, I closed my paypal account as a precaution. I don't know if the item will arrive back or not, but I will not be accepting delivery. I told him I would refuse delivery and he would eventually get the item back.
    Anyhting more I should be doing to cover myself? Appaently I have to wait 30 days before I can clsoed my Ebay account.
    You had a black mark under the new system as soon as case was opened.

Closing your PayPal will not help if eBay decide to refund as the PayPal account technically stays open until such time 180 days, after last used to ensure any claims can be paid. If they do try and charge you then PayPal will just chase you for the Money.

However, it should not come to that as eBay give a time frame for a reason. If they forget that fact then phone them and remind them.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Sheppard_23
    Sheppard_23 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Ebay could not take seller fees from paypal account, as it was closed!

Ebay account I have tried to close, but they say it will take 90 days, despite not being used for the last month due to the disupte. They are not happy about me closing my account, so think they are making it as difficult as possible, but I will just wait it out.

The main reason I closed my account was to stop the scumbag buyer form sending me any more threats if he sends the item back and I refuse delivery.
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    No - she is right, if the PayPal account is closed and there's a charge made to it, you will still be charged and possibly start receiving solicitors / balif letters etc.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport