We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Are Ebay STUPID - i agree to a return - they rule against me!!

Options
techspec
techspec Posts: 4,464 Forumite
This was my first not as described in 15 years on Ebay.

Buyer buys an electronic item, uses it for a week, says it does not meet his needs - can he return it.

I point out the spec he refers to was in the listing.

He opens SNAD without further contact.

I wanted to fight, with advice from here, but thought sod it - i cant win - i may aswell protect my account. I chose buyer can return for a refund option.

But to my surprise - buyer escalates - and Ebay rules i lost the case and i must accept a return. Derr, thats what i agreed to.

Role on a week, still no return, they have my money, case is still open - but now shows as 'closed without seller resolution' on my dashboard.

As i said - EBAY are just plain stupid and love making life hell for sellers.:mad:

I may aswell have just fought against the return in the first place.

Buyer as now uploaded fake tracking. Oh, the joys of Ebay.

Comments

• Mandy44
    Mandy44 Posts: 288 Forumite
    Options
    I guess that's what you get for misleading descriptions, just have to take it on the chin and try and be more accurate I suppose.
  • techspec
    Options
    Mandy44 wrote: »
    I guess that's what you get for misleading descriptions, just have to take it on the chin and try and be more accurate I suppose.

How was it misleading. Are you for real?

Which part of 'the appropiate spec was in the listing' did you not read?

Now troll somewhere else. You can tell its the school holidays.
  • Mandy44
    Options
    Without seeing the listing and the fact eBay ruled against you rather than agreed with your view of 'the appropiate spec' I'm making an educated guess that ebay had all the facts they needed to rule correctly. No point in having a go at me just take more care and you'd avoid these problems
  • techspec
    edited 16 April 2014 at 12:53AM
    Options
    Without seeing the listing and the fact eBay ruled against you rather than agreed with your view of 'the appropiate spec' I'm making an educated guess that ebay had all the facts they needed to rule correctly. No point in having a go at me just take more care and you'd avoid these problems

Its just beyond you that's all - i agreed to a return- they said i must accept a return. I'd already agreed to one - thats the whole point of this thread. Is that above your head, or are you just defending a fellow rogue buyer?

Your educated guess is wrong. Spec never came into it - i did not contest the return - ebay never got to hear of the problem. They had no facts - it did not come to that. They couldn't rule buyer had to keep it - i had said he can return it!!!

Now i'm on here asking why a return you agree to can still go againt you. If you cannot help - then trolling just messes up the threads. You seem to be doing that a lot tonight.

So for clarification - the listing was not wrong - buyer just changed his mind and decided to get an higher model.

I assume Ebay just put buyer can return because i had agreed to it. I want to know why that counts against me.

Its like offering a £10 partial refund - and ebay saying no, thats wrong - you must offer £10. Its nuts.
  • techspec
    edited 16 April 2014 at 1:34AM
    Options
    Just so the thread is not hijacked by more trolls, i'll clarify - the item contains an hard drive. The size of the hard drive was clearly stated.

After a week using it and downloading, the buyer decided he'd messed up and would need a bigger hard drive. This after using it and storing things on it.

The item is exempt from return in shops under home approval, due to its storage capabilities.

But i decided just to accept it back, format the drive and sell it as 2nd hand.

My only problem is EBAYS stupid decision to rule agaist me - even though we agreed the same resolution - buyer returns for a full refund. I did not contest, buyer should not have escalated.

And will Ebay insist its returned - or just refund at some point without checking?
  • Mandy44
    edited 16 April 2014 at 1:29AM
    Options
    There's no need to accuse me of trolling just cos you don't know how ebay works, they haven't ruled against you , they've ruled in favour of and agreed with the buyers complaint. They're not the same thing, you've even stated you agreed to a return so how ebays decision against you ?

The buyer opened the case you agreed to return admitting responsibility so eBay ruled in his favour, its hardly rocket science he would win his case now is it?
  • techspec
    edited 16 April 2014 at 1:36AM
    Options
    There's no need to accuse me of trolling just cos you don't know how ebay works, they haven't ruled against you , they've ruled in favour of and agreed with the buyers complaint. They're not the same thing, you've even stated you agreed to a return so how ebays decision against you ?

The buyer opened the case you agreed to return admitting responsibility so eBay ruled in his favour, its hardly rocket science he would win his case now is it?

As i said - straight over your head :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Mandy44
    Options
    Tbh with your attitude I'm not surprised the buyer asked eBay to make the decision rather than dealing with you.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tech, this exact scenario has been the subject of many moans on the eBay boards.

Some sellers have even sent a prepaid label for the return but the case has still been escalated by what can only be described as a malicious buyer.

You have two options and having no return yet isn't the best.

Ring eBay and ask them to review the case and see that you have done everything in your power to ensure 'a great buying experience'. When they agree, ask them to release your money as the buyer hasn't returned the item and was clearly intent on wrecking your account. Ask them to descore the case.

Or wait until you get the return and appeal the case uploading evidence that either the item has been returned in a state not identical to how it was sent - hard drive full of his crud - or that it is exactly as you described.

All scenarios have been reported successfully on the boards, but be polite insistent and calm.

And as for the troll, it has half a weak shandy and seems to take on the world. Pathetic and of no value to the human race, assuming it's human. Just ignore it, most do.
  • alykatz
    alykatz Posts: 926 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    There's no need to accuse me of trolling just cos you don't know how ebay works,
    Lol this made me giggle seeing as it was aimed at Tech.
    Mandys obviously not a regular here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family