Need help and advice - SOA attached

Options

Comments

• glasgowsaver2011
    Options
    Indeed you have.

How will you pay your bills on a month to month basis?

People have to give things up to live sometimes.

Your car is one of these things.

I wish you luck as you continue on this journey.

Remember if you do not pay council tax there are implications.

so that has to be your first bill you pay.

so council tax and car are about 400 per month.

which leaves 110 per month for food, clothes, utilities, insurances, oh and all your debt repayments.......
  • BMG
    BMG Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    I will cope just like I have done before. I already have other things up for sale but the car is not going otherwise I will end being a recluse stuck in the house which will not help my condition.

The end of April the internet is going for good this time along with the landline.

I have priced up food/cleaning items/ toiletries and I can manage to live on £25 a week.

I don't have the heating on anymore and no lights in the evening. I just go to bed when it gets dark.
  • glasgowsaver2011
    Options
    Except you have not coped before, you ended up in terrible debt.

In winter, not heating your house will not help your health,

so 400 for car and council tax, plus 25 per week for food,

thats 500

no electricity, no phone, no gas, no mobile, no rent or mortgage (the holiday will not last forever and the house may be up for sale, but any viewers or offers?)

Would you be eligible for a motability car?
  • FinanciallyUnsavvy
    Options
    So you will pay for petrol, car maintenance, presumably costs involved with wherever you're going to drive to, but you won't pay for heating and lights.

I think you need to have a long, hard think about your priorities.

Having no car doesn't make you a recluse. I don't drive, yet I manage to get out and about just fine.

You really need to get some income from somewhere. Either find a job that you can do around your disabilities or seek out additional help/benefits. The numbers do not add up. No matter how much you go without light/electricity, and even if you did sell your car, you still would not manage!

Either you're not being totally honest (in which case why are you bothering posting here for advice?) or you really need to wake up and see your situation for what it really is. People here do genuinely want to help you, but you have to help yourself first.
  • glasgowsaver2011
    Options
    Would you consider moving home to be near your family when you sell....
  • BMG
    Options
    Why would I move near my family when they have nothing to do with me?

I have told you all everything. There are some things I don't know about because they were set up by OH and he is no longer on this earth to ask.

I ave had 4 viewers that were interested and 2 more coming tomorrow

I will cope with or without help on here.
  • glasgowsaver2011
    Options
    Because they lent you thousands to do your house up.

Ok, move near your friends, the people you spend 40 on petrol driving to see.

that is very positive you have had viewers.

Hopefully you can get it sold, downsize, buy in cash, and use the surplus to pay off all your debts!
  • FinanciallyUnsavvy
    Options
    Excellent news about getting so many viewers already. Fingers crossed for a quick sale.

What are your plans once the house sells?
  • BILLIE
    BILLIE Posts: 1,274 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    BMG in the previous thread you said 'I have spoken to the mortgage company and they are sending someone to visit it me to talk things through after the funeral'.

Has that happened? I truly think that someone needs to sit with you and go through paperwork and give solid advice - CAB will not be able to do that, but maybe mortgage company or your bank may be able to help more.

Pleased you have already had interest in the property - have you not had to wait for probate?

Good luck
    :j I belong to Mike's Mob :j
  • BMG
    Options
    They took the money back as soon as they found out about various things

I have just clearing out some things in kitchen and sorted the freezer out. There is at least two weeks worth of meals in there. Which means no shopping needed.

I found £20 in a kitchen drawer. No idea why it is there so I have paid it to my credit card.

Feel alot more relaxed today after a very long sleep last night.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure