New beginnings, New start ...

Options

Comments

• Olivia-Louise_2
    Options
    Firstly congratulations on the new addition :) you certainly have your hands full there. Does your 4 year old start reception this September or next? Sorry to hear about your OH leaving :( is it because you're paying attention to the kids more than him (rightly so) my dh walked out on us after I had the smallest two ...he came back with tail between his legs though.

When is your sky (? Tv package? ) due to end. Call them up and plead poverty, cry if need be (I find it's better than ringing the samaritans and you will save money) they should give you some sort of offer. When it's up cancel and get a freeview box (I intend to do this when my one is up)

If your debt is at 0% then I would be saving a small amount each month in case of emergency. When I was in debt I would try and put £50 away each month. It's not always achievable but if you can build up a small amount then if you have a bad month or emergency then it won't set you back.

Take care :) xx

Thank you I have been following your diary for a while :)

Both youngest start school September, eldest full time middle part time but two lots of uniform :eek:

The tv package isnt up for another 12 months :o:o I didnt think to call and ask if I can reduce it as its in contract. Will call this evening thank you ;)

All the debt is at 9% as its friends/family and the "interest" is on the balance so no matter how quick/long I pay back the amount is the same. Although obviously I cant take too long. Your idea of an emergency fund is a good one. I have opened my own bank account today just awaiting the info through the post .. my first ever account :o

Edit:
    Forgot to answer OH has left I think he thinks the grass is greener. He says he works all the time and see's nothing from it, and doesn't get two minutes to himself when he's home because of the kids (not sure why he doesn't out of 3 kids he's never changed a nappy yet!!)
    Time to start again :o
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Oh gosh your oh (ex) sounds like my dh. He likes these moans all the time. ..."I go to work and get £100 from it!!!!! What the h3ll do you do with all my money!!!":rotfl: I give up explaining now.

When you call the tv people make sure you tell them the oh walked out and you've had your income cut in half and have a new baby. They are usually very helpful tbh and i was on a "deal" for the last year of my sky package ;) virgin are not as easy to get around but it is possible! I'm leaving once my contract is up though, we rarely use the phone or tv so a waste of money really! Good luck :)
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2- £244.12/300 (EF total £1744.12)~ NSD 0/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £133.59 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £
  • Olivia-Louise_2
    Options
    Oh gosh your oh (ex) sounds like my dh. He likes these moans all the time. ..."I go to work and get £100 from it!!!!! What the h3ll do you do with all my money!!!":rotfl: I give up explaining now.

When you call the tv people make sure you tell them the oh walked out and you've had your income cut in half and have a new baby. They are usually very helpful tbh and i was on a "deal" for the last year of my sky package ;) virgin are not as easy to get around but it is possible! I'm leaving once my contract is up though, we rarely use the phone or tv so a waste of money really! Good luck :)

Dont think he quite realises his rent/council tax will be no less on his own than it is here :cool:

Hope he realises and comes back though :o
  • Olivia-Louise_2
    Options
    Alot of thinking been going on. We have been in this house just over 12 months, and it still isn't decorated/doesn't have carpets etc. everything we have is hand downs from family and friends. The kids dont have proper bedrooms etc sorted everything is a right state!

I'm going to start doing one room at a time. Starting with the smallest and working my way up/down.

I plan on doing this with as little cost as possible out "my" money and using money made from surveys/if I actually see any maintenance from OH.
  • Olivia-Louise_2
    Options
    Friend £900
    Dad [STRIKE]£305 £280 £500 £430[/STRIKE] £330
    Mum [STRIKE]£150 £50 £0 [/STRIKE] :D
    Fine [STRIKE]£185[/STRIKE] £165
    Council tax [STRIKE]£1220.85 £1103 £1011 £1000[/STRIKE] £900

So total now [STRIKE]£2610.85 £2448 £2626 £2495[/STRIKE] £2295

A little more paid off.

Feeling a bit more in control of knowing where I stand with things but still being cautious of leaving myself too short.

Still need to pay this week
    Dad £30
    Fine £15
    Rent £20
    Tv License £11.20 (now on a payment card in my own name so 12 months paid over 6)
    Virgin at least £25 I'm a month behind :o

So £101.20 needed plus gas, electric, gas and food plus there's a few things at school this week for eldest I think.

Incoming £210 think it might be a squeeze but lets see :cool:
  • Olivia-Louise_2
    Options
    Yesterday was spent emptying every cupboard in the house up and downstairs. Everything sorted, washed and ironed and I already feel better for it!

Up bright and early at 5am but with a smile because it just feels so much better in a clean house than a cluttered mess dodging things flying out of every cupboard you open :rotfl::rotfl:

So money in the bank :T

Bank balance £211.70

Today's plan is await gas man doing gas safety check
    Sort the bills and pay.
    Food plan and go shop with a list!
    Go check on my sister feed her and get her showered and dressed.

Be done for school run at 2.45 so I can come home and we can have fun in the sun :A
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    You're doing amazingly well :) When my DH walked out on me a few years back I practically fell apart and put more money on the CC :o I certainly didn't buckle down like you have and pay off debt and keep your eye on the ball. A big pat on the back is deserved I think!

As for doing up your house, do you plan on being in it long term? Is it rented or do you own? We aren't allowed to paint the walls in our house or change flooring so i've become quite creative in doing up furniture and buying pretty pictures to shabby chic instead and added bonus when we do move I can take it all with me too :) Have a look on p1nterest (with an i not a 1 ;) ) it's got some brilliant cheap ideas :) xx
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2- £244.12/300 (EF total £1744.12)~ NSD 0/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £133.59 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £
  • Olivia-Louise_2
    Options
    You're doing amazingly well :) When my DH walked out on me a few years back I practically fell apart and put more money on the CC :o I certainly didn't buckle down like you have and pay off debt and keep your eye on the ball. A big pat on the back is deserved I think!

As for doing up your house, do you plan on being in it long term? Is it rented or do you own? We aren't allowed to paint the walls in our house or change flooring so i've become quite creative in doing up furniture and buying pretty pictures to shabby chic instead and added bonus when we do move I can take it all with me too :) Have a look on p1nterest (with an i not a 1 ;) ) it's got some brilliant cheap ideas :) xx

I'm just trying to keep busy :o

I'm not sure about long term. I didnt want to move here and I still dont like it :o but then I havent tried to either because it just wasnt what I want iykwim? It's rented, but we can do anything at all. It has no carpets/flooring down and the walls are a mess!

Today didnt go to plan. First off middle one is struck down with a virus meaning a temp of 39/40 and generally being upset with sore eyes :cool: Anyway calpol and cuddles made things much better :A

Then to top it off. No housing benefit yet and my rents paid weekly. So money in this morning £211.. Rent out £125 :cool: No shopping or other things done either :o Hoping to put them off until next week because I need food shopping/nappies. Eldest has to dress as a Farmer on Friday so I need to buy something suitable as well as the £2 to go in non-uniform. As well as 2 hospital trips for the youngest. Got a feeling it will be tight :o:o
  • Olivia-Louise_2
    Options
    Another day another start :)

Up bright and early and school run done, another uniform ruined yesterday but I simply refuse to buy anymore now until the start of the new term in September! So he will be attending school in a lovely jumper with a lovely black marker design for the next 4 weeks :rotfl:

Bank balance £1 :eek:
    Purse £50 + change in the change tub.

Not a no spend day :( but spends only on essentials
    Nappies, wipes, bread, milk .. best part of £30 spent :cool:

Just getting ready to do the school run. When I'm back a lazy tea of tuna salad/pasta at daughters request.. seeing she's unwell and feeling sorry for herself I let her choose :rotfl: anything for a quite life :o

Tonight I need to.
    Iron
    Make lunches
    Set everything out for a very early morning tomorrow to drop the kids and go to youngest consultant appointment.. lets hope its worth the money and he has more answers than the NHS :cool:
  • Olivia-Louise_2
    Options
    Lovely friend had a huge bag of hand me downs for youngest :D:D Perfect time just as all 3 now need the next size up! DS is down to one pair of trousers and 2 t-shirts that dont look too However DD is wearing skirts and tops that are way to small :o I'm sure the sun has made them grow :rotfl::rotfl:

So this is now my focus before paying of anything extra to anyone else.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport