New beginnings, New start ...

Options

Comments

• mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You're not being greedy. You're asking for a reasonable contribution for three children that he helped to create. He has to take some responsibility for them and £80 a month is not a huge amount. That won't even pay for food for the month for them.
  • Olivia-Louise_2
    Options
    mooomin wrote: »
    You're not being greedy. You're asking for a reasonable contribution for three children that he helped to create. He has to take some responsibility for them and £80 a month is not a huge amount. That won't even pay for food for the month for them.

Thank you, I suppose I need to stop worrying how he will manage to pay all his things as well as me too :cool:
    According to the calculator on the gov site using just minimum wage he should pay £45 a week and i know he always earns over minimum wage :cool:
    Time to start again :o
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I need to stop worrying how he will manage to pay all his things as well as me too :cool:

He should have thought of that before he had a mid-life crisis and naffed off :D
  • Olivia-Louise_2
    Options
    So I've been a bit lazy with my updates, well that's becuase I dont really have anything to say :o

I haven't spent any money in fact I haven't even been and got any money out or been anywhere to spend :o

The cupboards and fridge etc is near enough empty now though so time to come up with a meal plan, list of things to pay, sort myself and make sure tomorrow I get things sorted!
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    So I've been a bit lazy with my updates, well that's becuase I dont really have anything to say :o

I haven't spent any money in fact I haven't even been and got any money out or been anywhere to spend :o

The cupboards and fridge etc is near enough empty now though so time to come up with a meal plan, list of things to pay, sort myself and make sure tomorrow I get things sorted!

When I haven't spent anything I love to come on here and gloat...you see it doesn't happen very often ;):rotfl: So well done to you for having lots of NSDs :T

My cupboards are looking a tad bare now and so is the fridge. It doesn't bother me as I know I can rustle up something and we've lots of fruit for the kids but DH is home later and he's the opposite he needs to have a full up fridge/freezer & cupboards to make him feel happy ( :huh: ) so I guess I will be doing the same as you later and making a meal plan around the next week's lot of money! xx
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2- £244.12/300 (EF total £1744.12)~ NSD 0/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £133.59 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £
  • Olivia-Louise_2
    Options
    When I haven't spent anything I love to come on here and gloat...you see it doesn't happen very often ;):rotfl: So well done to you for having lots of NSDs :T

My cupboards are looking a tad bare now and so is the fridge. It doesn't bother me as I know I can rustle up something and we've lots of fruit for the kids but DH is home later and he's the opposite he needs to have a full up fridge/freezer & cupboards to make him feel happy ( :huh: ) so I guess I will be doing the same as you later and making a meal plan around the next week's lot of money! xx

I just can't be bothered :o :rotfl:

There's still plenty in for the kids for a few more days but I know if I take them shopping with me it won't be on a budget :rotfl:
  • Olivia-Louise_2
    Options
    A while since my update as been in hospital with the baby again :( Hope we get some answers soon!!

Anyway home now and hoping it stays that way! Its SO expensive being in there, even if I don't buy food (Which I didn't) Coffee is nearly £3 a time! :eek:

Not very money saving, I was fined for late payment of fines :o I knew it was coming (I was actually charged for it before I started my diary but it only made court last week!)

So debt now stands

Friend £900
    Dad [STRIKE]£305 £280 £500 £430 £330[/STRIKE] £300
    Mum [STRIKE]£150 £50[/STRIKE] £0 :)
    Fine [STRIKE]£185 £165[/STRIKE] £340 :cool:
    Council tax [STRIKE]£1220.85 £1103 £1011 £1000 £900[/STRIKE] £350

So total now [STRIKE]£2610.85 £2448 £2626 £2495 £2295 [/STRIKE] £1890

Received no maintenance yet for the kids :mad::mad:
    Also owe my mum £68 for some school uniform. She paid using cheque but ordered through school before breaking up to get the discount.

Also owe £22.50 to someone for something for baby.. mum was suppose to have paid this why I was in hospital but it seems she's sent to the wrong account number :mad:
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    oh no sounds like you're having a bit of a run of bad luck :( I hope everything turns around for you soon. What is wrong with baby? I hope it's nothing serious. How about bringing in a flask to the hospital or tea bags that way you only need to pay for hot water which was a lot cheaper when I was visiting dad at hospital (thankfully I always seem to have a few herbal tea bags in my bag). Well done for getting those debts down, I think you've done a great job with so limited funds at the moment :) xx
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2- £244.12/300 (EF total £1744.12)~ NSD 0/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £133.59 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £
  • Olivia-Louise_2
    Options
    oh no sounds like you're having a bit of a run of bad luck :( I hope everything turns around for you soon. What is wrong with baby? I hope it's nothing serious. How about bringing in a flask to the hospital or tea bags that way you only need to pay for hot water which was a lot cheaper when I was visiting dad at hospital (thankfully I always seem to have a few herbal tea bags in my bag). Well done for getting those debts down, I think you've done a great job with so limited funds at the moment :) xx

We don't quite know whats wrong with baby :( She's been in and out of hospital since 3 weeks old. On life support at one point. Shae has an unsafe swallow/numerous allergies/problems with her lungs the list goes on :( Anyway onwards and upwards I'm sure we will get there one day xx

Okay so now the council tax is down to a reasonable level they are willing to accept smaller monthly payments, the fine is still being paid at a min of £5 a week for now. I really need to pay my Dad he's getting annoyed and also my friend for the £900. She hasnt mentioned that I havent paid her for a while but I know it must be annoying her.

I have a plan in place to sort the kids clothes/uniforms. I need to keep a budget on food etc and entertain the kids for free over the school holidays.
  • Olivia-Louise_2
    Options
    So not a NSD both kids uniforms bought with no change from £200 :( Oh well done now just need wellies and lunchbag for DS.

No more plans for today other than major cleaning because I've been so lazy :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport