New beginnings, New start ...

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Olivia-Louise_2
    Options
    mooomin wrote: »
    Nope. He steals from you. Steals.

If it's your account in your name he has no right to be anywhere near it. If he knows you PIN number, change it. The money in your account is to pay bills which keeps you and your kids in a home. If he can't be a grown up and use his own money he doesn't deserve to be anywhere near you.

Cancel his Sky and tell him you had to choose what bill to cancel because he stole your money.

/rant

If only...

Beginning to wonder if I was actually better on my own ... and easier than trying to keep someone happy thats never enough
    Time to start again :o
  • Mara_uk7
    Mara_uk7 Posts: 1,219 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Oh hun, just read about how your OH is treating you financially. You really deserve better. Tell that blood sucker where to get off, put the TV direct debit on his account, if he cant pay it, its his own doing ! And change your pin number ! Next time it might be the kids food money that he "borrows"
    Its just a bad day, Not a bad life .. :cool:
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If only...

Beginning to wonder if I was actually better on my own ... and easier than trying to keep someone happy thats never enough

There's no if only. The bill is on your account and you can cancel it, or call Sky and reduce it to the basic package if you're in contract.

I can't tell you what to do in terms of your relationship, but I've been in one where I didn't feel like I was good enough and he had my PIN number too, so I know how that goes.

One final thought from me - you're not responsible for the happiness of anyone but you and your kids. If he's not happy he has to find his path in life that will make him happy.
  • Olivia-Louise_2
    Options
    I have cancelled my card and ordered a new one.

I have cancelled DD for V1rgin its not in my name so they won't talk to me :wall:

I have no choice to cancel seeing I now have 3p in my account and my rent and council tax is due this week _pale_

Sunday jobs are done, ironing, homework, meal plan, kids sorted for school tomorrow one positive I suppose
    Time to start again :o
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You sound like such a wonderful mum Olivia-Louise. I also think you are way too nice for your own good.

I hope you can get everything sorted soon.

Take care.

Have a dodgy hug.:grouphug:
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,736 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Just out of curiosity and don't feel you have to answer, what was the money spent on?
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • Nintud
    Nintud Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Olivia-Louise, from what I've read about your OH it appears that he is financially abusing you (and the kids). He's not contributing but making you pay for his stuff. He's taking money from you and he has taken your card without consent. He has left you without the means to pay essential bills. These acts together are a form of domestic abuse.

You were better off on your own but are caring for a sick child and in a very vulnerable place. What you do regarding your relationship is your business, but please see this abuse for what it is.
    MBNA 120/17120.
    Santander 250/9000
    - - - -
    What matters is how we live and love and how we spend our dash. (L Ellis)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure