Unilever compressed deodorants

Options

Comments

• Soapy955
    Soapy955 Posts: 274 Forumite
    Options
    Off on a tangent but.....
    My council recycle aerosol cans so mine don't go to landfill!
    I'm so sorry if you were enjoying this thread and mine is the last post!!

I seem to have a nasty habit of killing threads!
    :p
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    edited 1 April 2014 at 7:58AM
    Options
    I always use dove deodarant and have the old style large and the new small compressed, guess i could use one can under one arm and the other under the other arm, that would tell me if they are close.

I might be back in a few weeks to post my results
    EDIT started toay with the 125 ml compressed and the 250ml normal

PS the even smaller one at 75ml is perfect for hand luggage
  • cavework
    cavework Posts: 1,992 Forumite
    Options
    Moglex wrote: »
    Just like every other consumer product.

Oh, wait.

Maths not your strong point?

The larger the volume the less surface area per unit volume enclosed. Thus the less packaging required and the less transportation weight and size per net unit measure shipped.

So it most emphatically does NOT cancel out his argument.

Someone has explained where I was coming from ... thank you , I thought I was having a senior moment for a while.
  • photome
    Options
    As promised

I started using a 125 ml compressed and a 250 ml normal bottle on the 1/4. the one under each arm and alternating. cant be sure the exact same was used each time but it has to be very similar.

the compressed ran out this morning, the normal bottle is still going will update again when that runs out
  • hgotsparkle
    hgotsparkle Posts: 1,282 Forumite
    Options
    I switched from the 250ml spray cans to the roll ons which ae half the price and last about 2 weeks longer, and I personally find that they last longer on the skin!

I really don't see how something that is a gas, can be the same amount as something but in a smaller container...how does it physically work?
  • CupOfChai
    CupOfChai Posts: 1,411 Forumite
    Options
    ...I really don't see how something that is a gas, can be the same amount as something but in a smaller container...how does it physically work?

Because of science.

Gases can be compressed, or they can expand to fill all the space they have available. So if you take an amount of gas you can put it in a huge container, where it will spread out to fill the whole container, or you can also squeeze the same amount into a much smaller container.
  • fridge_raider
    Options
    I find it hilarious that people would expect a company to give double the amount of product for the same price just because of a bit of saving on packaging.

They're trying to run a business and make a profit.
  • photome
    edited 5 June 2014 at 6:58AM
    Options
    I find it hilarious that people would expect a company to give double the amount of product for the same price just because of a bit of saving on packaging.

They're trying to run a business and make a profit.

Please explain

The deodarant in the 125ml compressed can is advertised by Dove as having exactly the same amount in as the less compressed 250 ml can

Or have i misunderstood you
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,804 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    Please explain

The deodarant in the 125ml compressed can is advertised by Dove as having exactly the same amount in as the uncompressed 250 ml can

Actually, the deodorant in the 250ml can is also compressed. Now they've compressed it a bit more - so it fits in a smaller can.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • fridge_raider
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    Please explain

The deodarant in the 125ml compressed can is advertised by Dove as having exactly the same amount in as the uncompressed 250 ml can

What I'm saying is, just because they now have a method of safely forcing the usual amount in a smaller container, hardly means they are going to put double the amount in the normal container and sell it for the standard price, why would they?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure