Heron Foods/Farmfoods Freezer Shops -spot any good buys?

Options

Comments

• iris
    iris Posts: 1,385 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    LadyCoupon wrote: »
    Not sure about Farmfoods taking coupons, but I know Herons don't, my local one doesn't anyway. I checked with their head office once and they said they should take them, but when I went in with a manufacturers coupon, not a computer printout I might add, they looked at me like I had two heads, I think they asked every shop worker in there if they took them, I haven't bothered since, can't be bothered with the hassle.

I have used coupons in both Heron and Farmfoods without any problems. HTH
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is this Farmfoods or Heron? I do hope FF as we don't have a Heron anywhere near. I always have a sugarfree jelly made up in the fridge.

Sorry came back to this a bit late - this was Farmfoods Bradford
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ambrosia Devon Dream 3 for £1
    Those boxes of 22 Original and 20 Golden Syrup OSS £1.50
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sb44 wrote: »
    Can you remember the weight, make and price please? I will be popping in there in the morning, weather permitting.

Ta.

I got a couple of packets of those sausage this morning, one of each. and they were 85p each.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    edited 28 March 2015 at 12:14AM
    Options
    Reviving this - some great buys in Heron at the moment.
    I spotted bags of Haribo Minions sweets at 2 for a £1.
    3 Magnums for £1.50.
    Huge turkey crowns, £12
    Some fishy shapes - starfish? - that I'd not seen before in the Xsell freezer, think it was c. 500g for £1.50.
    The usual 500g of white fish fillets in a tempura batter for £1.50 Xsell again.
    400g Birds Eye fish fillets in breadcrumbs, £1.50.
    Heavenly low fat, 8% sugar, blueberry Greek yogurts 4 pots for 40p or 3 pots of 4 for £1. Activia yogurts on the same offer.
    Pots of Ben and Jerry's Greek style frozen yogurt, 500g £1.25
    Hovis Breakfast Biscuits £1
    2 bags marshmallows £1
    Lots more too but bargains vanish quickly.
    Plus all the usual suspects, low cost cheese, bacon, cold meat, cereals, Nicky toilet rolls 16 for £3, PG Tips Pyramids 240 for £3.50.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Thanks for posting mcculloch. We don't have a Heron nearby, unfortunately, but we do have a branch of Fulton Foods, which is a similar sort of shop. Quite often the items you post are also available at Fultons so I make a point of watching out for them! I was quite excited this week to see they have now started stocking some Xsell products but sadly nothing that appealed to me. I shall keep an eye on them! I know the chicken nuggets have been recommended in the past but is there any other variety I should look out for?
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Misshaped bacon £1 per 900g, have to take pot luck but this morning came out as large thick slices.
    Hot cross buns £1 for 2 packs of 4.
  • thegreenroom
    Options
    Farmfoods oak smoked cod £1 price marked pack of £2.95 also boxes of boneless chicken kfc style £2 think they were marked at £3.95 (had to take out of the box to fit in the freezer)
    DD1 27/5/1992
    DD2 14/9/1994
    DS1 5/3/1996
    DS2 31/3/2000
    DS3 27/3/2010
    DD3 30/1/2012
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    edited 29 March 2015 at 11:52PM
    Options
    Thanks for posting mcculloch. We don't have a Heron nearby, unfortunately, but we do have a branch of Fulton Foods, which is a similar sort of shop. Quite often the items you post are also available at Fultons so I make a point of watching out for them! I was quite excited this week to see they have now started stocking some Xsell products but sadly nothing that appealed to me. I shall keep an eye on them! I know the chicken nuggets have been recommended in the past but is there any other variety I should look out for?

I must admit the Xsell offers are wide and varied, I've seen a lot of things that I don't usually eat (weight watching but they look fine) such as fruit pies, meat pies, samosas, deep pan pizzas, fishcakes, sausages in batter and deep fry products, popcorn chicken etc.

Having mentioned fishcakes, Xsell sometimes have heavenly luxury fishcakes also standard fish fillets rather than the tempura batter fish fillets.

I love their thin pizzas which are usually 2 for £1, they can be jazzed up with a bit of ham or salami plus extra grated cheese if needed.

The blueberry yogurts mentioned in my previous post are Liberte, by the way, if anyone wants to keep a look out for them. Long use by date too, 9 April and mine were bought 27th March.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Thanks. The only Xsell item I spotted in Fultons was some Chicken Tikka Masala bites (frozen) but maybe they will soon stock more of their products. I shall keep watching!
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure