Heron Foods/Farmfoods Freezer Shops -spot any good buys?

Options

Comments

• TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Another good buy yesterday from Fulton Foods for us up north. Pack of Scottish smoked mackerel (3 pieces) for £1.29. BB 24/12. DH said it was every bit as good, if not better, than the equivalent in Sainsburys. Off back this morning to stock up if any left.
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • ClaireJ23
    ClaireJ23 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    At Farmfoods :)

Heinz baked beans also 6x415g for £2.29

PG tips £3.75 for 240 pack

Princes corned beef 325g for £1.59

Worth a trip to stock up the store cupboard, I've received 10% off vouchers also in a flyer.
    Jan 2015 £11,000/£11,000

Not buying it 2015
  • ClaireJ23
    Options
    Seen in FarmF00ds today;

'East End' brand tinned chickpeas, 400g - 4 for £1

Fort & Cole 70% cocoa Dark Chocolate, 100g bar - £1

The chocolate is a new brand to the market (I g00gled it to see if it was any good - can't answer that one......) The chocolate is in a brown box - like L1ndt or Lind0r brands, so a 'luxury' type product.

Greying

We use loads of chickpeas, I'm going back for those.

12 Youngs fish fingers are 79p, not bad either.
    Jan 2015 £11,000/£11,000

Not buying it 2015
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Another bargain from Fulton Foods for the Northern Moneysavers! Yesterday they were selling 2 packs of Polish smoked roast ham for £1. Lovely and lean. A few packs now in my freezer. Also WW dessert recipe yogurts 2 x 4 packs for £1.50.
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • sillyme673
    Options
    My local herons has sweet and normal jul-role short crust pastry 3 for a £1.sweet is ready rolled. Makes nice biscuits.
    Death comes to us all.When he came to Mort, he offered him a job. MORT by Terry Pratchett.
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    I had to go to Farmfoods today to do some shopping for mum.

I got the PG Tips teabags, Princes Corned Beef, I also got 2 bags of Tate & Lyle granulated sugar for £1 (in Farmfoods listed as being 59p a bag) and it is 79p a bag in Morrisons. Mum also asked me to buy her some tins of Princes Red Salmon which were £2.59 (apparently a pound dearer in Morrisons) and I picked up 2 tins for £4.

I got myself a large box of Kelloggs Rice Krispies for £1.95 and some Nicky Toilet Rolls - an 18 roll pack for £3.95
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Herons frozen sausages are good, Cumberland and/or Lincolnshire (were in a purple bag). Absolutely no grease or fat whatsoever came off them when I cooked them in the oven.

Not often I come across a sausage that doesn't ooze fat. :rotfl:
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 17 January 2015 at 4:27PM
    Options
    Spotted/bought in FarmF00ds today;

Frozen vegetables (FF own brand labelling);

Mixed Veg (ie carrots, peas, green beans etc in a pre-mix)
    Cut leeks
    Casserole Veg
    Julienne Carrots
    Baby Carrots
    Diced Swede
    Garden Peas
    Brussels Sprouts
    Sliced Cabbage
    Sliced Onions

All SEL stated 750g packs for 59p. I can however, only confirm that the leeks and the peas are definitely 750g (coz I bought those :p). Last time I got leeks, they were 79p for the 750g bag. Please note, only the veg listed ^ were 59p - FF does sell other frozen veg - the majority of which seemed to be 79p, but pack sizes not noted.

Bag of 14 OXO beef stock cubes £1 - but please note, oxo stock cubes are on offer at some of the major SM's at the moment, so this may not be such a good deal if you have easy access to other shops......

Greying
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £8/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £214.28/215
    Non-food household spend April £29.23/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • sb44
    sb44 Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Herons frozen sausages are good, Cumberland and/or Lincolnshire (were in a purple bag). Absolutely no grease or fat whatsoever came off them when I cooked them in the oven.

Not often I come across a sausage that doesn't ooze fat. :rotfl:

Can you remember the weight, make and price please? I will be popping in there in the morning, weather permitting.

Ta.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 17 January 2015 at 10:18PM
    Options
    sb44 wrote: »
    Can you remember the weight, make and price please? I will be popping in there in the morning, weather permitting.

Ta.

The make are Country Park Foods, weight 454g. Think there was 9 in the pack. Can't remember the price as it was before Christmas when I bought them but only just cooked them the over day.

Says to grill or shallow fry but I did them in the oven.

I'm sure they sell them all the time as they were in the normal sausage freezer. E.g. not a one-off.

[IMG]http://!!!!!!/uploads/1421604551.jpg[/IMG]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport