OVIVO gone ! : Where to go next ?

Options

Comments

• Yorkie1
    Yorkie1 Posts: 11,577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think the 150mb data you get on a top up has to be used within a month, but otherwise the credit doesn't expire?
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,633 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yorkie1 wrote: »
    I think I'll go for the 321 deal too.

The free SIM comes with £10 credit pre-loaded. Is it worth adding my own £10 top-up, or not - do you get any added bonuses for that?

On 321? I haven't seen the free sim ever come with free credit.
    mttylad wrote: »
    Does this 321 free credit expire?

Only like normal old PAYG, if you don't make any use in 6 months they can disconnect the sim and you would lose the credit. As long as you make a chargeable action at least once in six months it lasts indefinitely.
    Yorkie1 wrote: »
    I think the 150mb data you get on a top up has to be used within a month, but otherwise the credit doesn't expire?

You are correct, the complimentary data is time limited, the credit isn't.
    ====
  • marvin
    marvin Posts: 2,185 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    3 not doing very well for me so far two sims have not activated and are not recognised by the 3 system!
    I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left.
  • Daz2009
    Daz2009 Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    d123 wrote: »

Only like normal old PAYG, if you don't make any use in 6 months they can disconnect the sim and you would lose the credit. As long as you make a chargeable action at least once in six months it lasts indefinitely.

I signed up today and my free extra allowance is 150Mb and 600 texts to be used by 19th june,all for a £10 top up.
  • d123
    edited 22 March 2014 at 12:04AM
    Options
    Daz2009 wrote: »
    I signed up today and my free extra allowance is 150Mb and 600 texts to be used by 19th june,all for a £10 top up.

Was that a new sim direct from 3, or an older card you had? Sounds like it might be on an older price plan that gave the text freebie as well.

I'm sure the free texts were dropped just before 321 was introduced. I remember getting it on a 3Pay sim.

Edit

Looks like my memory is still good ;)
    3Pay tariff.
    If you joined us between June 2009 and September 2010 you’ll be on our 3Pay tariff.

3Pay gives you a bundle of free texts, free internet and free Three-to-Three calls every time you top-up. Once you’ve used up your free allowance, calls are 26p per minute and text messages are 11p per text.

You won’t be able to get all-you-can-eat data if you’re on 3Pay. To get all-you-can-eat with one of our All in One Add-ons, you’ll need to switch to our current tariff. Just call 333 and talk to us about moving to Pay As You Go on Three.

6780df6969a68d7a3b7e6ef2be435f04_zpsd09b1607.jpg

http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBISAPI.DLL?Command=New,Kb=Mobile,Ts=Mobile,T=Article,varset_cat=payasyougo,varset_subcat=4124,Case=obj(4100)
    ====
  • d123
    Options
    Daz2009 wrote: »

To add, PAYG on 3 (aka 321) doesn't not have the free text on top up.

You might want to look into your sim card's plan, you could be paying 26p per minute, 11p per text and 31p to get those texts.

74a3cf0dbc1e277e0ec981b0486c560a_zps9f620417.jpg
    http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBISAPI.DLL?Command=New,Kb=Mobile,Ts=Mobile,T=Article,varset_cat=payasyougo,varset_subcat=4124,Case=obj(4101)
    ====
  • Yorkie1
    Yorkie1 Posts: 11,577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Yes, you're right. I'd mis-read the webpage! :o

Thanks for the confirmation.
  • londonTiger
    londonTiger Posts: 4,903 Forumite
    Options
    ?
    Most people only have one D.O.B...;)

i imagine a lot of youngsters used ovivo and put a fake DOB in to act like they are over 18 in order to get the sim.
  • billsavings
    billsavings Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    Options
    Could you provider either a link to this offer or a retraction, please.

The poster has already said he made a mistake see above.
  • Daz2009
    Daz2009 Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Was that a new sim direct from 3, or an older card you had? Sounds like it might be on an older price plan that gave the text freebie as well.

I'm sure the free texts were dropped just before 321 was introduced. I remember getting it on a 3Pay sim.

Edit

Looks like my memory is still good ;)

6780df6969a68d7a3b7e6ef2be435f04_zpsd09b1607.jpg

http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBISAPI.DLL?Command=New,Kb=Mobile,Ts=Mobile,T=Article,varset_cat=payasyougo,varset_subcat=4124,Case=obj(4100)

It's a new sim I ordered on line on thursday.It states 3-2-1 on the packaging.....but I will check that they've put me on the correct plan
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure