ERUDIO student loans help

Options

Comments

• GirlGeek
    Options
    I too received the arrears letter today. I have been in deferment since just before the idiots took over, they didn't believe me initially but I got it sorted. The account summary I got later in the year did show the wrongly taken payments but that they were errors. Now they're saying they were missed payments and I'm in arrears by about £200. I've been in deferment the whole time, wrong payments they took were refunded (by my bank), and acknowledged as wrong (by the idiots).

We didn't voluntarily get involved with this and I wish they'd leave us alone!

Merry Christmas!
  • Brooker_Dave
    Options
    Perhaps it will be an excuse to stop people getting defered next year?
    "Love you Dave Brooker! x"

"i sent a letter headded sales of god act 1979"
  • anna2007
    anna2007 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Options
    The thing is, even though I know that I cannot possibly be in arrears, as I have been entitled to deferment every single year, I am now concerned that there claim that I am in arrears will affect my credit rating, which I have been carefully trying to avoid damaging, as we are hoping to buy a house later this year. This idiotic company could potentially scupper our chances of getting a mortgage. Not only that but with just days till Xmas, their timing could not be worse. I'm not much of an activist, but this has incensed me so that I feel something needs to be done, if anyone knows Russell Brand, get him on the case ;)
    Haha, Russell is our man! :D

There is no evidence of Erudio touching anyone's credit files yet, hopefully because they realise it will end up costing them a pretty penny in compensation if they do. My FOS complaint is close to a decision (at least I hope it is cos it's dragged on enough), and I'm pushing for a definitive answer on when my loans will be reported to the CRA's, as opposed to Erudio's threat that they may be reported. Apparently FOS aren't interested in the legitimacy of Erudio reporting the loans. I'll post the FOS opinion as soon as I have it.

You're not in arrears, so please don't let Erudio's threats get to you, especially at this time of year :) Fcuking fcukers.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    GirlGeek wrote: »
    I too received the arrears letter today. I have been in deferment since just before the idiots took over, they didn't believe me initially but I got it sorted. The account summary I got later in the year did show the wrongly taken payments but that they were errors. Now they're saying they were missed payments and I'm in arrears by about £200. I've been in deferment the whole time, wrong payments they took were refunded (by my bank), and acknowledged as wrong (by the idiots).

We didn't voluntarily get involved with this and I wish they'd leave us alone!

Merry Christmas!

So sorted or not?

If not, then take them to the FOS as soon as you are able.

Need everyone affected by these screw ups to do that, They need to know they aren't going to get let off.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • anna2007
    anna2007 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Options
    I think they're more inept than anything else.

You have to understand that they're a shell company, they don't really exist, all outsourced, and when you go legal with them you discover quite how much of a nothing they are.

Don't let them get to you, they are just a facade looking for a quick buck.
    The outsourcing thing... when I got fed up dealing with Erudio CS back in May, I copied in Mark Filer (Erudio's supposed 'Director', maybe he doesn't even exist), got the email address online, it's wilmingtontrust.com. Got a response from a lady @ capita.co.uk, maybe Mr Filer's PA (she was actually quite helpful).

I'm still not convinced that Erudio has the right to share my info within their own group, never mind CRA's/Experian's Collection Network. Fair enough, I contacted Mr Wilmington Trust, but I have never authorised anyone at Capita to deal with my loans, unless you accept that the ambiguity of clause 16 is enough, which I don't. I'm sure SAR's to these related companies might show up something useful. Another FOS complaint in the making right there, or maybe this one should go straight to court...
  • Student1983
    Options
    I am surprised that my dealings with erudio has been reasonable in comparison to others. Don't know if it is because I was close to loan write off so they didn't bother too much. However I always emailed Bis when I made any major issue. Maybe cc Bis or writing to them to keep the topic alive and reminding them of their responsibility might be useful. Bus wants to forget about us but by keeping them informed of every move you are continually keeping it active with them despite the fact they want to forget it. This is just my opinion.
  • dizzybuff
    dizzybuff Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Options
    Right so here goes . Bare bones

Sent my deferment form off in april with everything and signed the DAF , even gave them my new bank details . thought id be fine as I was earning wayyyy under the threshold. I had deferred every year before that

Erudio came back to me in june stating that I could not defer because my income was xxxx over the threshold. had a look at this and asked them to break it down, they sent a breakdown and explanation of my case , which to me was total balls.

I noticed on the breakdown they had added a deduction back onto my gross earnings. ( child care vouchers ) when they should have just used my whole full gross income. I also noted they had got the childrens maintenance amount wrong.

My direct debit was set up but then due to an "administrative error" erudio cancelled it . I only noticed this when my statement came and they said I had one months arrears .

I phoned them they said there were no arrears shoeing on the account.

With the addition on the ccv it means they have added another 2900 onto my income .

I have stated that certain elements of my benefits are solely for the use of the children. the children's maintenance is also for their use.

the complaint was sent to the ombudsman on the pretext they had miscalculated my deferement . included maintainance and got this incorrect. added a subtraction and not taken into consideration the letter I had sent with the deferment.

then today I receive the cca things and two arrears letters .

I know I probly wont qualify for deferment , but they got the basics wrong , miscalculating my pay. Im a single parent and already on a budget , Ive just taken a lower paid job so my benefits will go up. My daughter starts school in December so them they will go down . if they cant get it right initially . how do I know where im upto with them.

If it comes back they wont scrap the arrears if there are any , I will have to dip into my small savings to clear it. I already have anxiety attacks and had them under control but this has alleviated it all.

Oh the adjudicator I had was stupid and just spouted erudios
    policies, I disagreed she had looked at everything and she had failed to act on the fact they had added a deduction rather than using my whole gross pay . So its now gone to an ombudsman whom I haven't heard from yet. that was two weeks ago.
    ONE HOUSE , DS+ DD Missymoo Living a day at a time and getting through this mess you have created.
    One day life will have no choice but to be nice to me :rotfl:
  • dizzybuff
    dizzybuff Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    edited 21 December 2014 at 9:29AM
    Options
    My pay is below the threshold. It's basically the kids maintainance and the benefits.I receive because I have one childminder childcare full time.and one part time takes me over the threshold. I'm actually not happy with this as the new loans are only based on gross employment income.aren't they.
    ONE HOUSE , DS+ DD Missymoo Living a day at a time and getting through this mess you have created.
    One day life will have no choice but to be nice to me :rotfl:
  • erudioed
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    So sorted or not?

If not, then take them to the FOS as soon as you are able.

Need everyone affected by these screw ups to do that, They need to know they aren't going to get let off.

Lets hope everyone goes to the ombudsman. Anna's post yesterday suggest that when a certain number of complaints are logged they get hit with £500 for each instance (and compensation). This could be another big hit for Erudio. Everyone affected should get the ombudsman to contact Erudio on your behalf...and on monday if possible, just so the ruining of Xmas comes round full circle before xmas to Arrow and Capita, which to me would be a real backfire from their perspective. The ombudsman would be not too pleased as well being hit with such complaints before xmas/the new year. Please do find time for just one call to the ombudsman before xmas and lets throw this back at the Erudio crew immediately, and en masse.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/QG1.pdf
    when does a case fee become chargeable?

Fewer than one in six of the initial
    complaints and enquiries we receive to our
    front-line customer helpline become
    chargeable cases. The other complaints and
    enquiries usually involve issues that we
    don’t deal with – or where we can sort
    things out informally at a very early stage.

All businesses are entitled to a number of
    “free” cases. We don’t currently charge a
    case fee for the first 25 cases in a year. But
    we will charge £550 for the 26th and each
    subsequent case.

In April 2013, we introduced a group-account
    fee for the largest banking groups.

how much is the case fee?

The case fee for the 26th (and any
    subsequent) “chargeable” case is £550.

It becomes chargeable when our consumer
    helpline passes a complaint on to one of our
    adjudicators for further investigation.

However, the fee isn’t actually payable until
    the complaint is resolved. Our finance team
    sends out an invoice to the business
    involved at the end of the month in which we
    close our case.

We review our case fee arrangements each
    year and consult our customers about any
    changes we think might be necessary.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback