IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NPE trying to get money out of me.

Options

Comments

• double_clutching
    Options
    Stroma wrote: »
    I'm waiting for a reply from him on this

appeal sent, waiting for ppc response.
  • double_clutching
    Options
    NPE aren't the only PPC currently doing this technique -as an alternative to ANPR it is essentially a type of self-ticketing where photos are uploaded to PPC who then access DVLA for keeper details

yes many of the ppc offers cash incentives to entice as many people as possible to do their dirty work. Rogue companies like this should be stopped, but apparently because so much money are being made just by selling details to these companies, DVLA is not at all in a hurry to regulate any of these.
  • double_clutching
    double_clutching Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 18 April 2014 at 12:11AM
    Options
    Hello, can someone tell me within how many days they must tell me whether they drop the ticket or go to POPLA after the initial appeal?
  • da_rule
    da_rule Posts: 3,618 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They have to acknowledge the appeal within 14 days and should respond within 35 days.
  • double_clutching
    Options
    da_rule wrote: »
    They have to acknowledge the appeal within 14 days and should respond within 35 days.

Oh well, in this case I guess they don't even want to waste a 2nd class post.
  • Jonathan_Lecaille
    Options
    Hello all,

I am new to MSE and have joined specifically to share my experience with regards to the totally UNFAIR "parking charge notices" I am receiving from NPE (Norfolk Parking Enforcement Ltd). The NPE company director is Jonathan Lecaille aka Jon, who rides around on a motorcycle issuing tickets at my workplace and in the Norwich area.

Where I work, there is a car park which has NPE signs up as well as signs for each company which rents car spaces from the building where I work. We are one of these tenants, we have allocated spaces with signs stating our organisation, and we pay rent to our landlords for these spaces each month. This is clearly stated on our monthly invoices as 'car spaces rental'. We have tenant permit passes which are laminated and yesterday it had fallen from my dashboard into the footwell of my car. When I finished work I was greeted with a lovely yellow sticker slapped on my window telling me I had to pay £100 or £60 if I paid within 14 days. Jon knows my car. I've been parking in the same spot each day for 18 months. I was not obstructing right of way, I was not parked overhanging a space, or in someone else's spot. I was in my own car space, which I pay rent for each month. It was simply that the permit had fallen from the dash and therefore wasn't displayed.

I contacted the land owner (who we pay rent to) who kindly contacted Jon at NPE on my behalf to explain I am a tenant. I was then told by the landlord/owner of the building which we rent from, that there was in fact another ticket that I was unaware of. This had been passed to a debt collector and as of today I apparently owe £150 for this ticket, and a further £60 for yesterday's ticket (if I pay within 14 days). Jon had explained to my landlord, that if i pay a £30 admin fee, that he will clear both tickets. I then decided to look this company up only to read other shocking stories regarding Jonathan Lecaille, numerous parking enforcement companies he's directed (including NTC Limited (Norwich Traffic Control)) - he's changed names a few times it seems. I have even read that he was being investigated by the tax man, police and there's also another thread on MSE stating "Jonathan Lecaille Joint director with his wife accepted a caution for fraud in the early part of 2013."

It's also worth mentioning that I have seen Jon parked around the corner a number of times waiting for people to walk away from their cars. he doesn't even give you time to go to reception to get a temporary pass. By the time you get back he has issued the ticket and leaves on his bike.

I'm not sure what to do next!? I haven't started the appeal process. Ive been told by my landlord that if i do not pay the £30 and it goes to court that I accept full responsibility.

I find it disgusting that this man and his company can continue doing this. In my opinion I have done nothing wrong. Yet I have to either pay him £30, waste time appealing, or potentially put up with letters. It's a disgrace.

Your thoughts on what I should do would be much appreciated.

I would love to build enough evidence with other members of the community to put a stop to this!

Apologies for the length of this thread, I've tried to be as clear and concise as possible.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You do need to start a new thread of your own, as we work on the basis of 'one case, one thread' so advice doesn't become confused and/or we have a complete free for all with any number of random cases being tagged on.

But first of all you do need to read thoroughly the NEWBIES FAQS sticky at the top of the forum index (one page back from here) which will give all of the initial information you need. It was written by Coupon-mad, one of the country's most knowledgeable people in dealing with private parking tickets. You won't find anything more comprehensive than this anywhere online.

The sticky is detailed and you might need a couple of 'passes' to digest it, so bite sized chunks with a cup of tea over a couple days might be the best approach. You do need to make the effort to do some research via the sticky before asking for further help from regulars - we are so busy each day it's impossible to type and constantly repeat basic information - hence the sticky with all that stuff covered. But do come back after reading it if anything isn't clear to you.

BUT - via a new thread of your own please.

Chances of NPE issuing a MCOL - next to zilch. They've been to a small claims court once in the past recorded 18 month period - this doesn't necessarily mean in the context of pursuing parking tickets.

Read here:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/179544/response/444525/attach/3/A%20FINAL%20REPLY%20TO%20LEWIS%2085865.doc

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/205660/response/510306/attach/3/AA%20REPLY%20TO%20Craig%20Lewis%2090006%203.doc

HTH
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Jonathan_Lecaille
    Options
    Hello, Sorry i did watch the tutorial but the thread button doesn't appear (or I couldn't see it anyway), I tried to find a related post and then the reply button was there so I figured i might no be able to start a new thread as i only just joined...

Also the thing is I can't sit here reading for ages. I want to be able to join and use the forum respectfully but without having to spend too long reading.

I would much prefer to start my own thread so I can choose the title, and include the company name Im challenging! If you could kindly let me know how i do this that would be great. Sorry to take up space with "newbie" talk, but I do have a genuine related issue and i am trying to use the forum properly but its quite confusing.

Does this mean my first post has been deleted?
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    Are you saying you can't find this button on the left-hand-side of the forum? Seriously? Are you on a mobile device?

newthread.gif
  • Jonathan_Lecaille
    Options
    Yes seriously. Im using a laptop. I searched "parking tickets" and then i see a list of what i believe are threads. there is no button there. if I click into any of them, theres a repo button. Am i being daft?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure