Barclaycard AP removal [successful]

Options

Comments

• ZeElk
    ZeElk Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    After reaching a relatively good agreement with Barclaycard regarding my ap markers, MBNA have been totally the opposite.

FOS ruled in their favour. The advisor said that even though she could see that morally what they had done was wrong and that in reality, 8 years of AP markers was worse than a default that would have disappeared by now, by the letter of the law they hadn't done anything wrong as they're reported the accurate state of the account.

I'm still going to refer it to an adjudicator with the argument that temporary arrangements shouldn't last for years and when they restructured my account the arrangemt turned into the contractual payment - its thin but even if I can't get the entry removed I can try and get as many markers cleared off as possible.

If at first you don't succeed!
  • dumpyboy
    dumpyboy Posts: 379 Forumite
    Options
    Do not hold your breath,write to your mp to highlight your case mbna should not be allowed to use these markers for up to 20 years blacklisting you for a lifetime
  • Andre2000
    Options
    Hi,

I have had an AP in place for around 10-12 years paying £19.00 per month and I still owe around £800.00 would I be in a position to get this removed? If I defaulted It would have already been removed and I would not have anything negative n my credit file. This is with Barclaycard.

Thanks

Andrew
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Andre2000 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have had an AP in place for around 10-12 years paying £19.00 per month and I still owe around £800.00 would I be in a position to get this removed? If I defaulted It would have already been removed and I would not have anything negative n my credit file. This is with Barclaycard.

Thanks

Andrew

Default is only one issue. Settling the debt is totally separate.

You could have settled the debt by increasing your repayments. That was your choice. No one elses.

Why are you concerned about your credit report ? If you are unable to repay what you already owe.
  • rizla_king
    rizla_king Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    Options
    Judgemental much? May not have had any 'choice'.
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... :) <
    SIGNATURE - Not part of post
  • Andre2000
    Options
    I will be settling this in full regardless of anything else.

My point is If I had not paid anything it would be off my credit file due to the 6 years period. i have paid over many years so I'm worse off for trying to manage my debt and worse it effects my ability to move forward in life financially.

Andrew
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    Default is only one issue. Settling the debt is totally separate.

You could have settled the debt by increasing your repayments. That was your choice. No one elses.

Why are you concerned about your credit report ? If you are unable to repay what you already owe.
  • michaelmcw
    michaelmcw Posts: 29 Forumite
    edited 25 February 2015 at 11:39AM
    Options
    All,

Please see the record on my account below on a loan I held with Alliance & Leicester.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/131537311@N05/3WPZ8q

https://flic.kr/p/r57dDS

r57dDS

Would I be within my rights asking for this account to have been defaulted in early 2009?

The reason I ask is that in July 2009 this account transferred to Santander and continued to be in arrears / AP status for a further 20 months and is having a major impact on my credit file.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Mike
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    michaelmcw wrote: »
    All,

Please see the record on my account below on a loan I held with Alliance & Leicester.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/131537311@N05/3WPZ8q

https://flic.kr/p/r57dDS

r57dDS

Would I be within my rights asking for this account to have been defaulted in early 2009?

The reason I ask is that in July 2009 this account transferred to Santander and continued to be in arrears / AP status for a further 20 months and is having a major impact on my credit file.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Mike

There's certainly no harm in asking.

I was in a similar position with both HSBC and Capital One this time year and wrote to them.

Just follow the template within this thread and let us know how you get on.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • michaelmcw
    Options
    Thanks 20aday.

I am drafting a letter today and hope to get it posted this afternoon.

Did you have any luck with your appeal?
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    michaelmcw wrote: »
    Thanks 20aday.

I am drafting a letter today and hope to get it posted this afternoon.

Did you have any luck with your appeal?

No problem.

I did indeed. HSBC were quicker to action the AP removal than Capital One were.

Needless to say after my credit reports had been updated I managed to get a credit card with Sainsbury's Bank where they'd rejected me previously.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure