Barclaycard World MasterCard (Ex Egg Money) Being Replaced with Amex + Visa Combo

Options

Comments

• Midland45
    Options
    KTF wrote: »
    Has anyone had the £15 applied for spending £300 yet? I thought it was meant to be applied in the September statement but no sign of it yet.

I have sent them a message asking about it but wondered if anyone else has had it paid yet.
    I got the £15 credited to my last statement. Still unsure whether to keep these cards as have found the AMEX one is often not taken at smaller stores, and once I lose the double CashBack, the 0.5% on the Visa version is a bit of a joke!
  • Hooloovoo
    Hooloovoo Posts: 1,281 Forumite
    Options
    Midland45 wrote: »
    once I lose the double CashBack, the 0.5% on the Visa version is a bit of a joke!

Whilst this is certainly true, do you have a better alternative in mind?

0.5% is better than 0% after all.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,082 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I find that I get 1% when I use my Visa and 0.5% for the American express card. Have double checked and has been like that since the accounts were migrated.
  • Sarah7
    Sarah7 Posts: 640 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wonder if anyone here has done a balance transfer to their Barclaycard Cashback combo account. Presumably we can simply ignore the Amex and quote the linked VISA card number to receive the transfer - can anyone confirm that works, please?
  • ic
    ic Posts: 3,293 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    I find that I get 1% when I use my Visa and 0.5% for the American express card. Have double checked and has been like that since the accounts were migrated.
    If you view your statement on the website, there's a show details link below the cashback balances - expand it and you can see your current rate and how much has come from each card. It all adds up for me.
  • pwllbwdr
    Options
    Sarah7 wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone here has done a balance transfer to their Barclaycard Cashback combo account. Presumably we can simply ignore the Amex and quote the linked VISA card number to receive the transfer - can anyone confirm that works, please?

Yes. I have done this and it works.
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    an interesting question. i would assume that a customer could do a BT to either of the card numbers, and that it would appear on the account whether Amex or Visa is used.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    Mine states 0.5% cashback for visa and 1% on AMEX.
  • pwllbwdr
    Options
    planteria wrote: »
    an interesting question. i would assume that a customer could do a BT to either of the card numbers, and that it would appear on the account whether Amex or Visa is used.

Perhaps. I was doing a transfer from Lloyds. Their systems wouldn't accept a transfer to the Amex number. I asked barclaycard and they told me to use the visa number. It worked fine.
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    that's fine then.:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts