Tales from the city

Options

Comments

• ani*fan
    ani*fan Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I made another small payment to the big hsbc cc. It brings my debt to a tidy £9,050.

:D
    If you know you have enough, you're rich. ;)
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Unlucky with the fines ani - but congrats on getting the debt down.
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yup, the fines are a bummer but they're all paid now.

And the debt is looking smaller than ever! :j:j:j

I have advertised my expensive thing again, I really hope someone wants to buy it, it does have some value and I don't want to give it away. Fingers crossed.
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm having a crisis about my job today. :( I've been having it off and on for a very long time. As I've mentioned before, I'm in a training post which is temporary, with a view to being taken on when my training finishes later in the year. I have been yanked around all over the place, told there will be no job, then told there will be, then told there won't be. It changes all the time and is very uncertain. This poor treatment of staff is a feature of the organisation I work for.

The trouble is, the job is ridiculously demanding, the wage is not good, and I think I have decided that I really don't want it anyway. My colleagues don't listen, neither does my boss, and the tutors on the training don't listen either. I feel like no-one seems to understand this is not really a viable job anyway. It spills over into all of my life and upsets everything with stress and strain pretty much a constant thing to be dealt with.

I had a meltdown last night and spoke to OH about it who was massively supportive and said well just don't do it. Just leave once the training is finished. I have to say, it's looking like a great option. But I'm scared.

One of the reasons I'm scared is because of the debt. If it was gone, and I could live very cheaply then I could take the leap and try to get something else. But I'm so worried, this is a bad time to be out of work. But this job will ruin my life, there is no question about that. My boss would be furious, my tutors won't understand, and the other trainees will think I'm mad. Which maybe I am.

However, I think I am making a decision right now to walk away once the training is finished. I just wish there was somewhere to go and that I had more confidence.

I think what would help would be really hammering into the debt between now and the end of this post. I have 7 months to go. The wedding fund is almost full, it can be topped up at the end of this month and then that's that paid for. The help to buy isa continues to get it's £200 monthly top up and I'd like to keep that going. But other than that, everything can go to the debt. To be sub £5k would feel much safer.

Anyone done anything similar? Walked away from what is supposed to be a great opportunity, when you know yourself it's not and is certainly not right for you?

Thank you lovely people for listening to my rant. It's all quite confusing and upsetting, but I will get there in the end.

And happy debt busting today.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    You need to look after yourself ani - if it's not right for you then it's not right for you. Walk away. It's not worth it, and I don't think that you're mad at all.
    Start looking for something else - make a plan and go for it. You can do it.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Am currently in a well paid job with co car etc. I finish at the end of the month and have nothing lined up. If I stay, it will break me. Sometimes you just gotta make that leap of faith. Fingers crossed that it works out.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for your supportive comments, lovely people. :D I'm not feeling quite so bad about it now, but I've planted the seed of doubt at work about whether or not I'll stay at the end, so we'll see how it all pans out.

I'm annoyed I haven't managed to sell my expensive thing yet. This is the third or fourth time I've advertised it. Possibly I'm doing it in the wrong place, I don't know. But I want it gone, if only because it's taking up space in my newly decluttered, minimised flat! Grr...:mad:

Talking of which, me and OH digitised all of our documentation yesterday. We now have pretty much nothing left in terms of papers except for wage slips and drivers' licenses. If anyone's considerng this then I'd say do it. It's so calm and peaceful in here now.

Other than that it's all very quiet on the debt busting front. I got an email about my tax return that is still being investigated. I don't think it's for much so I'm not sure what the fuss is about but they're taking their time with it. Good old HMRC. Not.

I've got a bit of a cold today so hoping to take it slow. Hope everyone else is well.

Happy debt busting. :)
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Has anyone discovered Marie Kondo?? Omg, I've spent all morning folding things and it feels amazing! Haha! :rotfl:
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 14 February 2017 at 7:40AM
    Options
    So my monthly payment for the big HSBC card has gone through and the debt is now under £9k at £8,900. :beer::j:T:beer::j:T

I'm feeling a bit pleased with myself today. :D
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Yay, congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills