We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

April 2014 Grocery Challenge

1…89111314…89

Comments

  • Mrs_T_M
    Mrs_T_M Posts: 2,039 Forumite
    £29.62 spent at Morries. More than I was expecting, but I did end up with 4 packs of sausages (2 regular beef for DH and 2 packs of their lower fat ones for me), 5 packs of back bacon (reduced - was planning on buying 3 anyway), and two packs of cooking bacon (reduced - I was planning on buying 2 anyway), 1 pack of reduced fat cheddar (99p!), and a block of Welsh cheddar in addition to what I had planned on getting. That's enough bacon for 1-1 1/2 months and enough cheese for 1 1/2-2 weeks.

    Figured that I can pick up an extra bag of frozen chicken breasts from Aldi next time I go and wrap them in bacon, grill it, then pack it up for quick lunches.
    Baby Dale
    26th January 2014 - Forever in our hearts
    :A
    Eli Gabriel 19th February 2015
    :j
  • Alex321
    Alex321 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Can I be added for £80 please. Really looking forward to this challenge. I have no idea how much I usually spend on the food shopping through the week but hopefully this will be a good starting point :)
  • cllola
    cllola Posts: 271 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Slightly over budget in March. Please put me down for £200 again in April.

    Online food shop coming tomorrow morning so will update when that arrives.

    Need to get easter eggs over the next few weeks too!
  • poppycracker
    poppycracker Posts: 1,735 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    first major shop of the month done. £73.21. I'm determined that is going to last two weeks.....
    DFW Nerd no 239.....Last Personal Debt paid off Nov 2012!
    Donated 50 pints so far.... gold badge got 17/11/13! Blood Group O+
    mummy to 3 cats, 2 budgies and a cockatiel
  • jumblejack
    jumblejack Posts: 6,599 Forumite
    Hi guys. :T

    My shopping is getting a tad erratic and I have completely lost the plot in keeping account of spends and am thinking of starting keeping count again.

    I think £40 a week is an achievable goal hopefully for someone very rusty :)
    Hope you have all been well :)
    :A Every moment is a gift. That's why we call it the present.!:A
    Grocery Spend Weekly Challenge (Sat-Fri):£30.50/£40
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    jumblejack wrote: »
    hi guys. :t

    my shopping is getting a tad erratic and i have completely lost the plot in keeping account of spends and am thinking of starting keeping count again.

    I think £40 a week is an achievable goal hopefully for someone very rusty :)
    hope you have all been well :)
    nice to see you back again jj, looking forward to your good ideas again.
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 9,207 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero
    NSD - 4 in a row.
    We had roast potatoes + HM TITH + cabbage/carrot/swede + gravy for dinner.
    Thursdaysdinner_zps629f8049.jpg
  • jumblejack
    jumblejack Posts: 6,599 Forumite
    Florenceem wrote: »
    NSD - 4 in a row.
    We had roast potatoes + HM TITH + cabbage/carrot/swede + gravy for dinner.
    Thursdaysdinner_zps629f8049.jpg

    Missed your dinners.

    I know that seeing these posts will inspire me again x
    :A Every moment is a gift. That's why we call it the present.!:A
    Grocery Spend Weekly Challenge (Sat-Fri):£30.50/£40
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 9,207 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero
    Made cup cakes while oven was on. Used an AF mix - first time. Cost to make 18 cupcakes - 60p. We tried them - yummy.

    CupCakes_zps05c0273f.jpg
    [IMG][/img]IcedCakes_zps2957aa45.jpg
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    jumblejack wrote: »
    Hi guys. :T

    My shopping is getting a tad erratic and I have completely lost the plot in keeping account of spends and am thinking of starting keeping count again.

    I think £40 a week is an achievable goal hopefully for someone very rusty :)
    Hope you have all been well :)

    Nice to see you back jj :j I don't know what I'd do without your herb and cheese bread :A

    Another NSD, I will need to spend tomorrow though but I am limiting myself to £3 max.
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.