March's 2014 BR Club

Options

Comments

• owlet
    owlet Posts: 1,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi owlet and welcome to March's BR Club, I've added your name to post one. Onwards and upwards now :beer:

IF

Thank you!! Such a relief. I'm feeling ok about it today now that It's all done. Good luck to anyone who is going through it now. The paperwork is the worst part!!
    SPC 8 (2015) #485 TOTAL: £334.65
    SPC 9 (2016) #485 TOTAL £84
    SPC 10 (2017) # 485 TOTAL: £464.80
    SPC 11 (2018) #485
  • Beccanator
    Options
    That's me all done and dusted! Definitely agree with the others such an anti climax! I got there for 8.15, was seen about 8.40 a clerk went through the paperwork, told me to wait outside till 9.30 got called back in to fill out a piece of paper saying where I got advice from if I understood the effects of bankruptcy etc. I was the only one who had too I think because I'm only 21 they wanted to make sure. Then they let me off the court fees.. Phew! And that was that... The OR phoned who was lovely and just wants a copy of the finance docs. And booked in a phone conversation for a week time. Although I'm 37 weeks pregnant so he was very concerned I might be phoning him from the labour ward! Let's hope not!! I've had plenty of time to reflect now and think I'm most gutted that I have nothing to show for bankruptcy... No holidays, clothes etc :/ just a big black mark on my credit file for years to come! But oh well, no regrets - you live and learn. X
  • IF
    IF Posts: 34,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Beccanator wrote: »
    That's me all done and dusted! Definitely agree with the others such an anti climax! I got there for 8.15, was seen about 8.40 a clerk went through the paperwork, told me to wait outside till 9.30 got called back in to fill out a piece of paper saying where I got advice from if I understood the effects of bankruptcy etc. I was the only one who had too I think because I'm only 21 they wanted to make sure. Then they let me off the court fees.. Phew! And that was that... The OR phoned who was lovely and just wants a copy of the finance docs. And booked in a phone conversation for a week time. Although I'm 37 weeks pregnant so he was very concerned I might be phoning him from the labour ward! Let's hope not!! I've had plenty of time to reflect now and think I'm most gutted that I have nothing to show for bankruptcy... No holidays, clothes etc :/ just a big black mark on my credit file for years to come! But oh well, no regrets - you live and learn. X

I'm so pleased it's all nearly over for you (OR call last piece of the jigsaw) and your baby, here's to your new start :beer:

Bestest
    IF

congrats22.gif
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    owlet wrote: »
    The paperwork is the worst part!!

It was the worst part for me too :beer:
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bump..........:staradmin
  • miss_prim
    miss_prim Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Please can I join your group too, I had my bankruptcy hearing today and a quick chat with the OR in the afternoon, just got to wait for a telephone interview in a couple of weeks time when shes not so busy. Guess that shows there are others just as daft as I have been. Never set out to end like this but then I don't think anybody does. First day of a new chapter.
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    miss_prim wrote: »
    Please can I join your group too, I had my bankruptcy hearing today and a quick chat with the OR in the afternoon, just got to wait for a telephone interview in a couple of weeks time when shes not so busy. Guess that shows there are others just as daft as I have been. Never set out to end like this but then I don't think anybody does. First day of a new chapter.

You can miss prim and welcome to March's BR Club, I've added your name to post one.

Definitely first day of a new chapter and here's to your new start :beer:

Best wishes
    IF

mbh4p0.gif
  • miss_prim
    miss_prim Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you IF, relieved that the court is over, very daunting but not half as bad as i imagined.
  • egrescrimp
    egrescrimp Posts: 573 Forumite
    Options
    I was going to wait until April, however today I called my local court and I go on the 25th! I'll be so glad when all this is done and dusted.
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    egrescrimp wrote: »
    I was going to wait until April, however today I called my local court and I go on the 25th! I'll be so glad when all this is done and dusted.

Hi egrescrimp and welcome to March's BR Club, I've added your name to post one.

Do let us know how the 25th goes and will be thinking of you.

My checklist, what to take to court :-

- Your two copies of 6.27 and 6.28 and the Originals, do not sign them, you do this in front of the clerk. Your completed EX160 if applicable and any benefit letters/forms etc as proof (Important - letters have to be dated within one month of your court date and no later).
    - Money for bankruptcy fees.
    - Spare change for coffee machine.
    - Paper or magazine to read while waiting.
    - Change for car park.
    - Optional a friend to chat to/hold hand.

NB Do ring the BR Clerk at your court as to what they require from you.

Best wishes
    IF
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills