Santander To New Day Ltd

Options

Comments

• Dazedandconfused
    Options
    I have received a letter from above stating that I am in arrears and they have charged late payment fee. I have no IDE what they are talking about as I pay all my store cards in full and have not received any notification of non payment. I am not or never have been a customer of Santander bank. Should I ring the number on their letter head. Please help

Does the letter say which store card it's for?

Try the website here for a number or the one on the letterhead worked for me

http://newday.co.uk/lets-talk/#customer-enquiry

I have now had a letter from them apologising for their error and stating I don't owe any money. This letter stated it was in relation to my new look account. I haven't had a new look account since 2006!!

I hope yours is just an admin error too.
  • Just checked in with this mob as balance was due paid in next month or so and a second dd had appeared in their name. On speaking with agent he inquired if I had been 'away' and on enquiring my balance was unexpectedly high, it appears that newday had applied non payment charges over the last three months although all payments were made on time. Agent appeared very quick to accept this and I have requested a full statement for length of loan as I have concerns this may have occured at other times and no notification given but additional charges were applied covertly. Will update as to the outcome of this situ.
  • Meldew
    Options
    Over the previous couple of weeks I have received numerous automated letters from New Day advising me that I am in arrears with my account (Store card Debenhams) to the point that I have complained to Debenhams about New Day. I contacted New Day about the alleged arrears to be told that there was no problem and that the problem was at their end (no apology). After a 30 minute premium rate call I was advised that my account was all in order and that all charges were removed. I have continued to receive letters from New Day saying that I owe various amounts of money? Debenhams were unable to offer me any solution other than to say that they would would get someone from New Day to ring me - four days later and I have heard from no one. It would seem that New Day have changed how they collect monies and therefore my bank did not accept their request. If New Day know they have a problem why does not someone of a sufficient pay scale sort it out and stop sending out automated letters? My account is always paid off in full via DD so I knew I did not owe any monies however how many customers have blindly paid the charges? New Day could be onto a nice little earner?!
  • rattyslane
    Options
    I have had the account for over 30 years and paid by Standing Order but suddenly I have been inundated by calls from New Day saying I haven't paid and they have applied a late charge to my account. My bank shows the payments have been made and I have checked it is to the right account. One caller said they had cancelled the Standing Order and asked for my Bank Details which I refused to give over the telephone and I explained that the account has been paid. They have not written to me over the matter as I requested and I cannot get an answer to emails to both Santander and Debenhams A/C management. Any suggestions as it still shows late payment charges added to my Account.
  • Markie11
    Markie11 Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've had issues with these guys too.

I took out an interest free credit account for the purchase of a sofa purchased through DFS. At the time the company was Santander but as people have gathered that debt transferred to NewDay early this year.

At the time of transfer I received sufficient correspondence to inform me of the change of hands. I was told that I wouldn't need to do anything as it should be seamless, and payments will continue as they were, on the same day every month for the same amount. That was the case until recently.

So since Feb/Mar time I have been paying direct debit payments to NewDay, but in September I received a letter to say that my direct debit had been cancelled and I should contact them to setup a new DD or settle the debt. Before calling them I checked my bank account online which showed no current DD setup, but I could see payments on previous months' statements. I called my bank to see if they could advise who had cancelled the DD and when. The bank advisor said the originator, NewDay, had cancelled the DD. I then called NewDay who confirmed that due to a system error the DD was cancelled but they were able to restore it straight away without me having to supply the account detail again. I requested compensation for inconvenience and calls then offered £5 credit as gesture of goodwill. Although not much, and given it's a money lender, I just accepted this offer. I thought this would be the end of it but I was wrong.

Days later I received more letters, one to say I had missed payment so would be charged £12. Another to say if I didn't contact them I would be threatened with all kinds including informing credit agencies, potentially affecting my credit score. Obviously I was livid so rather than call someone I decided to compile an email with a list of events and correspondence. I sent this to the CEO James Corcoran, Head of Customer Services David Land and Head of Collections Matthew Caven
    . It was sent late evening and before 9am the next day I had a response from the Head of Customer Services, firstly apologising for their error and promising that somebody in his team would investigate the account and contact me.

I was contacted within 24 hours and was told by the agent that my account was already setup for DD and that I should ignore the previous letters. I asked about the £12 charge and told that it would be removed. As I had by that point missed the September payment then I would pay double in October. I didn't have an issue as the money was still there in the account. My outstanding issue was the credit score marking. I was told that their system had already sent through the information but their data team could request it to be removed. I asked for this to happen. I asked again for compensation and I was offered £20. I accepted this offer.

October came and guess what - Charged 2 monthly payment amounts plus an additional £12. I've contacted the Head of Customer Services again requesting a copy of a statement, and once again I received an instant response to say he will ask one of his team to provide what I've asked for. Still waiting but it has only been 2 days.

There is a mark on my credit score too.
  • Alex444
    Alex444 Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I paid my wife's Debenham Card on the correct payment date by internet banking, as I always do, told it would reach the account holder within 2 hours.
    New statement arrives this morning and late payment charge, does not go onto statement till the following day, I am fuming.:mad:
  • Alex444
    Options
    Finally got a reply, they say any payments may not show on account for 24 hours, even though they have received the money by faster payment, so £12 charge will be a great money raising venture for them. We have been refunded as a gesture of good will, so watch out.
    Funny how another store card through New Day has a payment showing the same day it was made, strange.
  • Bravestar
    Options
    Alex444 wrote: »
    Finally got a reply, they say any payments may not show on account for 24 hours, even though they have received the money by faster payment, so £12 charge will be a great money raising venture for them. We have been refunded as a gesture of good will, so watch out.
    Funny how another store card through New Day has a payment showing the same day it was made, strange.

You're asking for trouble if you habitually leave payment to the last possible day, in the hope it will be credited on time.

Especially when you are typically given almost 4 weeks to pay ... and you should know more or less when the bill is coming too.
  • Alex444
    Options
    I pay them all by faster payment, all clear the same day, it's just these clowns that are the problem, did it with Santander for years.
    Like you they do not understand the term, FASTER PAYMENT.
  • zipman23
    zipman23 Posts: 291 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    What about Santander Consumer Finance? I haven't had any letters from them other than an annual statement but I rang the number for the automated service to check how much I still owed on my car finance.

It said "Welcome to New Day Ltd" (twice). Entered my account number and it tells me it's not valid! :eek:
    English by birth. GEORDIE by the grace of God.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure