Low Carb Diets Support Thread

Options

Comments

• so_very_confused
    Options
    So true Pamdish, getting into it and over the first few days is soooo hard. Once I am there I am fine and enjoy it and certainly eat better.
    All I can say is keep trying:)
    I am just about to have steak, cauli, shallots and swede mash for dinner, a veritable feast!
    SCP # 034
    The £1000 emergency fund #59
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I had some roast lamb yesterday, and will finish it off today, with sprouts. cauli mash and probably another veg.
    Chatting with my daughter yesterday and discussing how many courgette seeds she has sown, She was saying she prefers them roasted with paprika, as I have 3 in fridge will plan that for tomorrow with chicken breasts. I seem to cope better if I have my food planned and defrosted the day prior. Stops the grab on the impulse.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • Pop_Up_Pirate
    Options
    pamsdish wrote: »
    Oh please help me, start everyday good intentions, then fail by evening, please give me more inspiration,
    I will try again tomorrow, promise, if I could just get the first few days in I am sure I will be fine.
    As suggested above, try to meal plan and stick with it.
    Make sure you have plenty of fat in the diet as it's the fat that will help reduce cravings, the need to pick and hunger.
    Losing carbs and sugar will also stop sugar cravings if you get into it.

Granted, some effort is needed to cook but having that meal plan helps with that.

We're having roast lamb today and will have leftovers.
    I'll use those leftovers to do lamb rogan josh curry and a spicy lamb dish on another night. I might have enough to do a shepards pie with root mash topping.

Have a look at some low carb recipe sites. There are some really nice looking things to make that aren't too difficult either.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Oh please help me, start everyday good intentions, then fail by evening, please give me more inspiration,
    I will try again tomorrow, promise, if I could just get the first few days in I am sure I will be fine.

Can I come back please. I have fallen off the wagon again.......lots of problems and stress. I know that's no real excuse, only myself to blame. I have even put weight back on again. I really need to get a grip.

Pam you and me both, the days are fine but is in the evening that I really struggle.

So........if you will have me I am for coming back.

Be gentle with me.....:rotfl:
  • so_very_confused
    Options
    As suggested above, try to meal plan and stick with it.
    Make sure you have plenty of fat in the diet as it's the fat that will help reduce cravings, the need to pick and hunger.
    Losing carbs and sugar will also stop sugar cravings if you get into it.

Granted, some effort is needed to cook but having that meal plan helps with that.

We're having roast lamb today and will have leftovers.
    I'll use those leftovers to do lamb rogan josh curry and a spicy lamb dish on another night. I might have enough to do a shepards pie with root mash topping.

Have a look at some low carb recipe sites. There are some really nice looking things to make that aren't too difficult either.

Completely agree. For me at present meal planning for the next 10 days has been the difference. i don't always follow it sometimes swop days but having lots of choice makes the difference.
    Second looking up low carb recipes, lots are really easy options on line.
    Also found Lidl high protein rolls a godsend for when you want something different. Toasted with egg on or sandwiches brilliant. They do take some eating and not to everyone's taste. Don't have them everyday but at 8 carbs super.
    SCP # 034
    The £1000 emergency fund #59
  • Pop_Up_Pirate
    Options
    One problem with lidl high protein rolls.
    They contain soy

and soy is an anti-nutrient.

Also, when you add up the carbs in fruit and veg, having a roll from lidls would really bump up the numbers.

An orange is far more nutritious than a roll for example but you couldn't really eat both.
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I had some roast lamb yesterday, and will finish it off today, with sprouts. cauli mash and probably another veg.
    Chatting with my daughter yesterday and discussing how many courgette seeds she has sown, She was saying she prefers them roasted with paprika, as I have 3 in fridge will plan that for tomorrow with chicken breasts. I seem to cope better if I have my food planned and defrosted the day prior. Stops the grab on the impulse.
    Edited as I remember I have 6 HUGE langoustines to use, so chicken back in freezer as not started to defrost and langoustines now defrosting.
    Soo good to see you LL, we can do this, done it before, I have gained a good stone and half since beginning of Dec, I gave away all my big clothes as an incentive to keep my weight off, starting to struggle to find anything to fit again.:(
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • lessonlearned
    edited 17 April 2017 at 11:58AM
    Options
    Pam........

Snap.....I had to go to Primarni and buy a cheap and cheerful "capsule wardrobe" to tide me over. :rotfl:

I really have to do this.

I am off on holiday in three weeks. I am really cross with myself because I haven't lost the weight I so desperately wanted to lose. It's going to involve a lot of walking and sightseeing and I am going to struggle.

Right now I feel like a right heffalump. I do not want to feel like this any more.

On the plus side my Physio sessions have finished and I have been given the all clear to join a gym. I am starting with swimming and Pilates and will add weights later. In the meantime I have bought a resistance band. I really need to build up muscle strength and also work on my back.

I have started a regime of additional vitamin support for my clapped out adrenal glands. I have been taking them properly for a few weeks now and I can see an improvement. The magnesium is helping me sleep better and my fibro pain is definitely easing. My blood sugars have stabilised.

I'm on the right track but I just need to up my game.

I had a lot of family issues to deal with after my fathers death. I won't bore you all and really it was no excuse to slip back into bad habits. But hey ........we're only human.

Had a good brunch of bacon, eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes and will be doing a courgetti spag Bol thing for dinner. I have been through the freezer, plenty of fish and meat in there for this week so just need to top up on f&v. I will go through my cook books and visit a few websites tonight for ideas. I have a stash of coconut and almond flour so will try and do some paleo friendly baking this week.

After my holiday I will plant up some easy salads and vegetables. I'm also thinking of trying hydroponic gardening to grow through the winter. IKEA have got kits. You can start small with just one tray so again after the holiday my son and I are hoping to give it a go.

I am definitely in a better frame of mind now and ready to try again.
  • Pop_Up_Pirate
    Options
    Well done LL, keep it up! :)
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Thanks Pirate.

I will use this thread for support and ideas.

Everyone......Feel free to give me a kick up the derrière when I need it. :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback