Options

Comments

• greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,410 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello again.

Hi new folks.

Mildredd, you and I are chatting a lot! It is my intention to cut back on syns for the rest of this week - and I did do ok yesterday. Not so easy today. I'm not the sort of person who can go cold turkey - no will power, remember; if I can see it, I will eat it usually :(. I had a look at success express, but that's way too extreme for me. I'll just plod along. I don't mind the long haul (if I don't think about how long it will really be) I have 4stones to lose, roughly, having parted with 2 and a half over the last couple of years. I did put some back on last year and I'm not quite down to the lowest I was before that. I started putting it on when I stopped writing things down! Anyway, Mildredd your 4.5 will come off - probably when you least expect it.

review of Thursday's plan
    Breakfast: poached eggs on hexb toast
    Lunch: beany jacket & salad, yogurt (didn't have the salad 'cos it looked too cold today)
    Dinner: fish pie (salmon, rainbow trout, prawns, carrots, leeks, onions, celery, potatoes - hope that lot made up for the lack of salad at lunchtime , green beans and pickled red cabbage - still trying to catch up on not having salad,. lol followed by fruit salad (no, I didn't have that either, other than a banana - fed up chopping!)
    Snacks: butter (3), choc digestive (3), hm white bread (5), Alpen Light bar (3)

Total: 14 syns

Friday's plan
    Breakfast: yogurt & blueberries
    Lunch: roast beef hexb sandwich, apple
    dinner: pasta with tomato & pepper sauce, salad, hexa parmesan, grapes, mandarin

Remember, every little counts!
    Sewing 83/COLOR]Woollies 9Card s 47Reading 23/40
  • tazzyb
    tazzyb Posts: 325 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome sandypan and lemony.

Breakfast 1 slice of wholemeal toast with light laughing cow triangel (1/2 HexB and a little bit of my HexA) banana yoghurt
    Dinner - salad with pasta, chicken, bacon, cottage cheese, mayo, muller light
    Tea - home made potato wedges, 2 sausages (9 syns) salad, mushroom, pepper, onions, tinned tomato sauce thing I made.

some skimmed milk in cuppas HexA

Snacks melon

Tassimo creamer pod 2 syns, plus mayo and sausages 14 in total.

Struggling to have all my HexA- cheese is one of my weakness so trying to avoid having anything other then laughing cow cheese triangles as I think if I start I will eat to much and blow that day out of the water and I do not use enough milk to get a full serving.

OH is trying the plan but is managing his no problems so cannot really add it to our meals.

Well I say trying the plan, I told him I was doing it and he said he would to, he does have weight to lose but I am totally fine with him not doing it, my son gets slightly different meals so I can make them for him to (full fat cheese extra) but he said he wanted to do it.

But he keeps admitting that he has been to mcdonalds or I discover he has eaten loads of little chocolate bars I have in for my son for Easter. For example he ate 5 on Wednesday. At a loss as to what to do, as he says he is hungry all the time but I have explained loads of times what food he can eat free - always have loads of fruit and veg in, mug shots then things that have low syn value. Advised him to change his breakfast porridge so he can have bread during the day.

There really is no pressure from me for him to do slimming world so I do not know what to do. I think I might just make him slimming world meals and then let him get on with it the rest of the time.
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've started off the day with a heb of toast and peanut butter - ill allow 5 syns for the peanut butter.

Lunch is pasta with peppers, mushrooms and onions, plus bacon lardons (more syns) but pasta dish I made made 3 meals and it was only a small pack. I added chilli\tomato pasatta and a tin of tomatoes.

OH has said he wants something with rice for tea, would welcome ideas.

Have a good day all x
  • PinkLady
    PinkLady Posts: 675 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning
    2nd WI today. 2 and a half pounds off, which makes 7 and a half off now
    Really pleased with that.
    Thank you all for your support
    x
    SW: Wk1 (5) Wk2 (2.5) Wk3 - Wk 4 (4) Wk 5 - (1.5) Wk 6 (1) Total off 1 stone!:j
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,691 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good loss PinkLady.
    I am declaring a STS as I could not face weigh in last night.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Daisy2014
    Daisy2014 Posts: 143 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all. At the start of the week before * week so knackered, grumpy and craving white bread toasted with loads of butter. Face is properly tripping me this morning and I feel massively bloated to boot. Grrrrrrrr.

Today is green

B: Weetbix, milk banana (HEXA & B)
    L: Chilli cheese dogs (3 syns and HEXB2)
    D: Rogan Josh with superspeed veg, HL naan (8 syns)

There will be some sort of chocolate involved today!!!!! Hope you're all having a better day than I am haha xxxx
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,402 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1lb off for me :j
    Was happy enough with that, at least it wasn’t the dreaded sts lol. :eek: Would like to shift 2 this week to get me to my 5.7 stone award. Although at the minute I’m not too focused on the numbers as I’m starting to see some results re toning from my work in the gym etc. :j
    I am getting major grief now from my family about my Bridesmaids dress. :eek: I’ve lost 8 lbs since I tried the damn thing on so I don’t know what they are all panicking about. Starting to do my head in!!!! We were told that it can be taken up to 3 dress sizes – I am not going to lose 3 dress sizes between now and when it arrives in June. Nor would I want too!! You can’t win can you - if it was this time last year they’d be moaning that I had to lose some weight!:eek:
    Macpep – What is a shoggle? Lol
    Mildredd – No dead body lol – But I did have a Chinese, Salted Chilli Chicken with Half Rice & Half Chips with Curry Sauce – and I ate every bit. Very bold but it was great. Back on it again now!! :rotfl:
    Lemony25 – Welcome, you’ll get great help and advice here so keep posting. I don’t use milk as I don’t like it but use Cheese as my HE and have it in some form everyday.

Today ‘s food is
    B: WW Yogurt & Fruit
    I have a John West Light Lunch Mediterranean Salad in with me for lunch, best available option in the garage this morning as the cupboards are bare and so is the bank account lol:eek: Just checked the syns and its 2.5 so not bad at all. Glad I didn’t pick the one in the French dressing though as it is 7 syns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    D: Thinking something simple as I’m off out to Book Club tonight so maybe scrambled eggs, slender choice black pepper & leek sausages (0.5) syn each (sorry think they are only available in NI & ROI for now). I’ve peppers and mushrooms need used up so will probably throw that into the mix as well, some beans maybe and my HE Cheese!
    Date No2
    Is tomorrow night, I threw a little tantrum during the week and told him to back off a bit:eek: – I am a nightmare I know. He is just so eager and keen though all the time and it freaks me out a little - not that his intentions are sinister lol - Its just I’m just not used to straightforward non complicated men that I don’t have to chase. :eek: Or maybe I'm afraid that he won't like me - so I try to wreck it so that I don't get hurt. As I said I am a nightmare!!!!!!!!:eek: having had my fingers majorly burnt on one of lifes finest a holes before lol. Anyway one of my friends gave me a stern talking to about giving a good guy a chance for once and stop trying to wreck it. So I am trying to cling to her words and behave accordingly!! :rotfl:
    Anyway I managed to limit the damage from my strop and he is still there. Not sure what we are doing – but it could be dinner so will prob just declare a flexi night and not go too wild!! Going to go with the black and white top that was meant to be worn on the original date that never happened lol and my standard uniform of jeggings and boots!!

Going to have a booze free weekend – that will free up some syns and planning to go on an big walk with a friend on Sunday or Monday – got to start practicing for this 8 Marathon Walk on Mayday.
    Will hit the gym tomorrow afternoon as well for some tread mill and bike and have myself booked in for kettle bells again on Monday night. :j

So I have a long weekend as I am off on Monday – yipee!!

• lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,402 Forumite
    Options
    My goodness!!!! Your a quiet bunch today!!!

Guilty consciences?? ;p lol
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,673 Forumite
    Options
    lantanna wrote: »
    My goodness!!!! Your a quiet bunch today!!!

Guilty consciences?? ;p lol

I'm here lantanna! I need to get off my **** (especially as it's feeling fat today:() and do my meal plan. Then I can shop and get myself properly back on plan.

SW breakfast (baked beans on HEB) so I've started well.

Back soon.:)
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,611 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Can't believe how quiet it is on here today! Was expecting there to be loads of posts to read! I've been really busy this morning and just haven't had time to get on the computer.

I'm having another Green day today so I can make a cheese sauce, LOL!

B - banana & custard Mullerlight, banana
    L - jacket potato with beans
    D - fish pie (will be using a mix of salmon, smoked haddock & pouting as HEB), cheese sauce (HEA & HEB)

Other HEA will be the usual milk in tea thoughout the day.

Syns: sauce flour for cheese sauce 2. Will probably have a couple of glasses of wine tonight with the rest of today's syns.

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport