Slimming World support thread 2

Options

Comments

• tazzyb
    tazzyb Posts: 325 Forumite
    Options
    Hope your hubby is okay pleaseletme

Breakfast - 1 slice wholemeal toast with 1 light laughing cow triangle (hexa and hexb) banana and muller light.
    Dinner - half roast chicken with skin removed, mash, carrots and tiny bit of gravy.
    Tea - making pizza on a turkish flat bread, home made coleslaw and salad. Splitting my heax to use cheese on my pizza.

Snacks fruit - made a huge fruit salad for after tea.

Syns 1 skimmed milk in cuppas, 2 tassimo creamer pod, 1/2 pizza base 8, vodka 4 (might have two vodkas its been that kind of day!) so could be 15 syns could be 19.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks tazzy. He had a motorbike accident 3 years ago and has seizures and memory problems because of it. I'm his carer, it's a hard road sometimes Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi everyone :) I've managed to get a signal long enough to tell you about what my mum very kindly bought me today. She's fed up of me stressing about my dress so she's bought me a beautiful floor length chiffon black maxi dress with silver beading and matching silver shrug.. And she's given me some unworn silver kitten heels she had and an unused silver bag all from the same shop as the dress. There was a very slight fault with the beads on the shoulders so it was marked down from 64.99 to 34.99 but the fault isn't even noticeable. Best thing is.. It's a size 14 and fits like a glove :) I was gutted and I cried when I bought the other one as I was adamant I didn't want to wear an 18- I had wanted to be a 14 and now I am :):) Mum also treated me to a swimsuit that I needed because there's a swimming pool at the hotel were staying in for the ball :j (also a size 14! :j) and a lovely t-shirt and some cropped trousers for the summer. She also treated me to a lovely carvery for lunch- we asked for the veg cooked without butter and had loads of veg and lean meat and a great dollop of mushy peas each :D but I was naughty and had a little stuffing, a little mash, a couple of roasties and a little splash of gravy on my meat so I'm going to declare today my first Free2Go day of the week but I wasn't massively naughty. Mum is making us a big seafood salad for tea so that's plenty superfree :) well tomorrow is my walk.. Hopefully the weather will be fine!
    Hope everyone's ok xx
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 March 2014 at 7:02PM
    Options
    ETA: Your mum's an absolute star MrsR!! You sound so happy and I'm delighted for you. Hope walk goes well tomorrow.:A
    Pennylane wrote: »
    In an attempt to get my weight loss moving, hubby and I are trying Slimfast shakes instead of lunch. We had one at 12.30 and I am about ready to eat the desk, computer and everything in my reach!

I know someone who kick started her weightloss with Slimfast. She was given them by someone who couldn't get on with them but very soon she started to feel ill through lack of food and switched to SW.

My DH needs to lose a bit of weight. All the suppers I cook him, he has the same as me but other meals he has far too much bread and cereal and he likes the odd biscuit or piece of cake. His latest his that he's going to have smaller portions. I'm keeping out of it. If he wants to do 100% SW then that's fine, anything else he wants to try that's up to him.

Lantanna, I'm no psychologist but I think your mindset might change as you increasingly feel better about yourself. I'm glad you're giving this guy a chance.

Great news about the appointment mildredd, roll on surgery!

That Hoppin John looks yummy PLMBL. It looks like something that would be good to make and snack on from the fridge or for lunches. I think I have almost all of the ingredients in. Thanks.

emyou, you'll probably keep well toned from your walking and any other exercise but it's the food part that will help you lose weight. If you feel confident that you know the plan then it's not essential to go to a group. I got bored with the gym but you could just stick with walking and DVDs and save your £5 each week.

I've done my meal plan and food shop. I'm trying hard not to have any off plan meals this weekend as I had far too many mid week.:o

Today's EE:
    B: NAS Ribena, baked beans, HEB toast, HEA milk, banana
    L: tuna, fried LO veg and pickled onions
    D: gammon steak, SW chips, mushrooms, tomatoes, mushy peas
    Syns: weekend wine:j
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,691 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    edited 14 March 2014 at 7:05PM
    Options
    Thanks tazzy. He had a motorbike accident 3 years ago and has seizures and memory problems because of it. I'm his carer, it's a hard road sometimes Xx

That gets award for the understatement of the year.
    Don't worry too much about your weight loss.
    Remember you are a superstar:D

Mildredd~ Don't worry too much about SW when your gallbladder is playing up.How much til your award you want?

I am having a day 1 today.

Emylou~agree with Maman.
    You get your weight loss from what you eat & the exercise helps you to tone up.

Pennylane~Not the way to go I think.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just nipped back to say; good to see you posting Flat Eric. We missed you. Be back soon!:)
  • beanielou
    Options
    Mrs R ~hurrah for your mum :grin:
    So pleased for you :j :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Yay to Mrs Ryan's Mum :j Hoping to see you at the walk tomorrow if DH doesn't have another seizure between now and then.

Aw shucks beanie :o Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    Options
    Mrs R & plmbl~I hope you do manage to link up tomorrow.
    I have been lucky enough to meet the most amazing people from MSE over the years.

• Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) she is a star and she's so good to me, don't know what I would do without her :)
    Plmbl- it would be lovely to see you but your DH is more important- I really hope he will be ok :) I know how hard caring for a loved one is and it sounds like you do a great job :) sadly my bright red bandana didn't turn up in time but I'll still stick out a mile- I walk with a crutch and will have a t-shirt on with 'Barnham 9' on the back :D
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure