Slimming World support thread 2

Options

Comments

• Mildredd
    Mildredd Posts: 775 Forumite
    Options
    Greentiger - it's because I'm stalking you ;) I'm a if I can see it I eat it person too
    Lantanna - was your Chinese nice? I'm having one tomorrow I think.
    I think your friend is very wise ;) don't scare away the nice man however from the fingers burnt by grade 1 a hole camp I know why ur apprehensive? Maybe this will be your knight in shining armour and not your muppet in tinfoil?

This week is a write off again :@ my gallbladder is ruining my food :/ and then when it kicks off I want comfort food :( I've stopped counting syns this week as I don't want to upset myself into another binge? With paracetamol it's easy to stick to sw? It's when i have an attack then I have to go onto strong painkillers which wipe my appetite out and cause the poogods to abandon me so then I end up back logged and then I get back into sw and end up with poo gods visiting with a venegence :( pah just poo really
    Have also noticed since Xmas my lunches aren't as filling as they were pre Xmas and breakfast I've been skipping quite often so going to challenge myself to have a piece of fruit every morning again as I need to get my bum in gear I want 4 1/2 stone sticker this week!!!

On a positive note I have my 1st consultant appointment :) so fingers crossed the waiting list won't be very long and ill be sorted before summer :)
    Started sw 02/09/13 - total loss so far -5st 1lb

New Year New You Challenge - /6lb
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Well if you are THAT bored you can listen to my drivvel :p

Didn't get to gym today as the youngest is off nursery poorly. I didn't make it to the gym on Wednesday either as I had only had 2 hours sleep all night, so I chose to go back to bed instead of the gym :o. Not sure how that will affect my weightloss this week!

Today's Green Day Menu

B - poached eggs on (2xHEB) toast

S - Jaffa cake (2.5syns)

L - Hoppin John (Texan spicy rice dish), Quorn Quarter pounder (0.5syn), cucumber, tomatoes, pickled onions. Shape crumble yogurt (0.5ayn).

D - tomato based veggie pasta with 2xHEA cheese on top.
    Fruit salad.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do you think everyone's playing out in the sunshine? Good body magic!

tazzyb - I have the same issue with OH wanting to join in, I find I can't cope trying to work out his menu's as well as mine and it ruins my plans... he just has whatever i make for tea now and sorts himself out in the day. As long as he's not overeating in the day he'll probably lose weight anyway.

Flateric - we're having chicken and egg fried rice for tea :drool: but you could do anything with rice - chicken, curry, chilli etc

Great losses Pinklady & lantanna :T enjoy date no2! p.s. i have no guilty conscience today :j:D I've stuck to plan for 1.5 days:rotfl:amazing for me!

Beanie - hope you're ok..

Mildredd, you're 1st consultant appt for SW? how exciting! Can i join your group... we can do it on Skype :D

PLMBL - is that Hoppin John a bought dish or homemade? If HM, would you like to share a recipe?

Just watching this weeks My 600lb Life.. :eek: it's shocking.. The lady was meant to be on a diet and she put on 17lbs in 3-4 weeks.. I can't imagine how many calories she has to eat every day to keep at that weight let alone put it on.

I hope she gets the help she needs to lose it..
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• emylou
    emylou Posts: 444 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all, I hope you don't mind me posting here. I started a sw group 3 weeks ago;I lost 3lbs the first week then gained 0.5 and lost 2 again last weigh in. I love that I can eat so much and feel I am making healthier choices :) But I was just wondering- I currently walk to and from work a few times a week (1 mile/per way-15-20 mins each way) but was wondering whether it would be beneficial to stop paying to attend group and use that money to rejoin the gym/go to zumba classes? I'm trying to save as much as possible for a house deposit so would be a push to do both. I do have an array of exercise dvds I use at home but I am quite impatient and want to see results fast & I probably don't push myself as much as an instructor would?! My weight is all on my tummy & I'm sick of being asked when I'm due!! My friend is an ex-areobics instructor and she said I need a balance of exercise and eating right and that it can take 6 weeks to see a change in your body!! Opinions please?!
    Married my wonderful husband February 2013!:happyhear
    I want to wear my beautiful wedding dress everyday- it would make shopping so much more fun, I mean, people go shopping in their pyjamas these days.......
    Must STOP spending!!! :)
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!
    Beautiful Rainbow Babies born on 31/12/14 @2:45am and 7/6/2017 @12:44pm
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,402 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mildredd - Yeah I know I'm trying to behave myself lol. Very hard though - its in my DNA to not like a man unless they are treating you like rubbish and then I lose my head over them!! lol

I am absolutely starving at the minute during the day - looking at it my lunches aren't as big as what they were as well - prob that combined with the gym.

Oh I hope you get sorted at your consultants appointment. So many other people would have thrown in the towel with SW by now. So give yourself a pat on the back!!

I'm sat here dreaming of the scrambled eggs & cheese I'm going to have for my dinner - I tell you there is just no filling me at the minute!!

What about the biggest loser?? Are you going or not going??

Got my walk arranged for Sunday!

Pleaseletmebe - All aspects of your life are interesting :)

I was watching secret eaters the other night and they said that it was scientifically proven that if you don’t get enough sleep you eat more – so you did right to go to sleep and not to the gym. I’m a nightmare if I don’t get enough sleep – looking forward to a little lie in tomorrow J

Think I will stop at Asda on the way home and get a few bits to take the bad look of the cupboards and the fridge!!

• Mildredd
    Options
    For those with other halves jumping on the bandwagon - my mum jumped on the bandwagon with me and has lost 1 1/2 stone just through eating my dinners and the odd left overs but doesn't count syns hexs etc just one meal a day?

Nah shala I can't do sw til I'm at target and dds in nursery/school and I can drive :) - consultant appointment for gallbladder op :)

Emylou - only exercise I do is walking? I've lost my weight through following sw? I know quite a few people on here don't attend the group anymore and are following it successfully?
    Personally for me I'd rather go to group and face the group scales than go the gym - gym for me is an excuse to eat crap as I've earnt it ;) cxc

• Mildredd
    Options
    Lantanna - if it's meant to be it won't pass you by :) x
    Bigger lunches for us next week then ;) xxx
    I think I'm going to go :/ just hope no random shows up n steals my sash ;) I'm thinking it'll be good for my dd to see in the future that I made a decision and stuck with it? How did your crowning ceremony go ;) xxx

• Pennylane
    Pennylane Posts: 2,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    In an attempt to get my weight loss moving, hubby and I are trying Slimfast shakes instead of lunch. We had one at 12.30 and I am about ready to eat the desk, computer and everything in my reach!

We are having usual breakfast of oatbran made with water and tiny bit of skimmed milk and some fruit. Tonight we are having SW casserole. Roll on 6pm!!

How these people live on low calorie shakes completely is beyond my comprehension
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,402 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mildredd wrote: »
    Lantanna - if it's meant to be it won't pass you by :) x
    Bigger lunches for us next week then ;) xxx
    I think I'm going to go :/ just hope no random shows up n steals my sash ;) I'm thinking it'll be good for my dd to see in the future that I made a decision and stuck with it? How did your crowning ceremony go ;) xxx

it was a bit mortifying to say the least - I had to give a little speech - I'm so not into shouting about my weight loss. I'm a bit embarrassed by letting myself be big in the first place so I'm probably not the best person for these things. lol

Imagine if there was some lurker lol - who just appeared for Biggest Loser week - no I'll say it will be yours! I got a cert and flowers - no certificate xx
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Pennylane wrote: »
    In an attempt to get my weight loss moving, hubby and I are trying Slimfast shakes instead of lunch. We had one at 12.30 and I am about ready to eat the desk, computer and everything in my reach!

We are having usual breakfast of oatbran made with water and tiny bit of skimmed milk and some fruit. Tonight we are having SW casserole. Roll on 6pm!!

How these people live on low calorie shakes completely is beyond my comprehension

Slim fast shakes are 11.5 syns each. What on earth they put in them I don't know, but give me a plate of free food over that any day!!
    lantanna wrote: »
    Pleaseletmebe - All aspects of your life are interesting

You have no idea!! (Or maybe you do if you read my diary on here!!). DH had another seizure this afternoon, I guess we can safely say I'm still a comfort eater :o. 3 mini choc chip muffins and a spoonful of ice cream straight from the tub need to be added to my daily menu above :(:(.
    shala_moo wrote: »

PLMBL - is that Hoppin John a bought dish or homemade? If HM, would you like to share a recipe?

Just watching this weeks My 600lb Life.. :eek: it's shocking.. The lady was meant to be on a diet and she put on 17lbs in 3-4 weeks.. I can't imagine how many calories she has to eat every day to keep at that weight let alone put it on.

I hope she gets the help she needs to lose it..

I watched that episode too. She kept saying she wasn't eating anything and then going to the drive through! So sad.

Hoppin John

This can be eaten hot or cold. I prefer it made ahead of time for the flavours to develop and then eating it cold like a rice salad.

1 large onion, chopped
    2 red and 2 yellow peppers, deseeded and chopped
    Garlic clove, finely chopped
    2 cans black eyed beans, drained and rinsed
    250g dried long-grain rice
    600ml hot veg or chicken stock
    Salt & Pepper
    1 and half tablespoons red wine vinegar
    2 tsp hot pepper sauce (tabasco)

Place a large pan sprayed with frylight over a medium heat. Cook the onion for 5 mins, stirring often. Add the peppers and garlic and cook for a further 4-5 mins.
    Stir in the black eyed beans and rice then add the stock. Bring to the boil, season then turn the heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 mins or until the rice is tender. Add the vinegar and hot pepper sauce and toss. Either serve straight away if having hot or allow to cool with the lid off if you want it as a cold dish Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family