Slimming World support thread 2

Options

Comments

• Pennylane
    Pennylane Posts: 2,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anybody else have to work REALLY hard to lose anything. I've lost a pound this week but in order to do that I have worked so hard. When I went to group people could lose 4, 5 6 plus pounds a week easily. Not me, most I ever lost was 2.

To lose a pound I have had to have no syns, walked 18 miles in the week, done a session of yoga and some gardening. In addition I never drink alcohol, take sugar, never eat crisps or biscuits, don't eat bread and pastry.

It is SO hard. I am going out tonight with a large group of women and they'll all be having wine, cappuccino or hot chocolates and I'll be on my lovely diet coke!!!
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thank you for all the encouragement everyone, I really appreciate it. I was going to say I'm mid-cycle so can't blame being a 'laydee' on my gain, but as Mildredd has proven it still could be that. I've only just gone back on the pill after losing twins so anything is possible. I've also had quite a stressful week and not much sleep so that won't have helped.

Happy birthday Maman!

Today's Green menu

B - poached eggs on toast (HEB)

L - Moroccan cous cous salad with roasted veg and grilled halloumi (HEA). This was delicious!!

Snack - Shape crumble yog 0.5syns

D - veg curry and rice.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • HelenDaveKids
    HelenDaveKids Posts: 3,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 12 March 2014 at 5:30PM
    Options
    I don't think of weigh day ad different from any other day, but do at home so no pressure, I do save some of my syns for Friday and Saturday night, so I can have rum and diet coke and crisps. My alcohol intake has dropped dramatically but still enjoy a few end of week drinks. Had to give up the wine though.

Im actually finding easier as time goes on, and I have started to really enjoy food. Little measured treats are now easier, like 3 chocolates, not the box.

My husband is completely on board, coming to the gym, spinning and eating all healthy food, he's lost 1 stone too.

I have found that I now don't eat bread at all, wasn't a conscious decision. I am actively avoiding cashew nuts..
    Morgage till Nov 30 GOAL MFW Sept 2016
    Aug 11 - £100k Aug 2016.... It's GONE!!!!!
    2014 GOAL HIT 5 Stone! 2016 GOAL to be a MF marathon runner.
    "A goal without a plan is just a wish"
  • TOOMUCHWORRY
    TOOMUCHWORRY Posts: 122 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 12 March 2014 at 6:15PM
    Options
    Happy Birthday Maman and to all those who have had a bday this week.

1lb off for me - thats two weeks worth - didnt WI last week :)

Latanna - just caught up with your date news - glad it went well :)
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,596 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Pennylane wrote: »
    Does anybody else have to work REALLY hard to lose anything. I've lost a pound this week but in order to do that I have worked so hard. When I went to group people could lose 4, 5 6 plus pounds a week easily. Not me, most I ever lost was 2.

To lose a pound I have had to have no syns, walked 18 miles in the week, done a session of yoga and some gardening. In addition I never drink alcohol, take sugar, never eat crisps or biscuits, don't eat bread and pastry.

It is SO hard. I am going out tonight with a large group of women and they'll all be having wine, cappuccino or hot chocolates and I'll be on my lovely diet coke!!!

Pennylane

The plan consists of:
    1. Free & SuperFree foods
    2. Healthy Extras
    3. Syns

Without all 3 parts you aren't following the plan properly. You are supposed to have up to 15 syns a day with a minimum of 5 syns.

It looks as though you don't go to group any more so it might be worth re-reading your books.

Denise
  • psychopathbabble
    Options
    Hello all sorry I've been MIA again, still struggling to get my head back into SE mode.

Put on 1lb for challenge... Whoops!
    Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 :heart:Became homeowners 26.02.16 :heart:Baby girl arrived 27.10.16 :heart:Baby boy arrived 16.09.2018
  • Mildredd
    Mildredd Posts: 775 Forumite
    Options
    Please let me - make a note somewhere and see if next month mid cycle you lose less than normal or have a tiny gain? That's where mine falls anyway but it's everyone's body is different and hormones etc and I'd imagine your body is just settling down take it easy lovely xxx

Pennylane - sw is meant to be a way of life not a horrid excluding everything diet? To be a way of life you have to live darling x maybe relax all the no go foods and drinks and adapt your normal life to following sw? That's what I've done and while I don't have the answers I don't feel deprived or sad when I'm out n about?

Helendaveandkids - glad your hubs on board :) I've stopped bread too mainly because its not something I really enjoy?

Mcpep - a challenge is either motivation or causes me pressure and I crumble lol x in group challenges I feel pressure the challenges on here I like ?

Lantanna - I think we're opposites u flourish out of the challenges on here and I flounder helplessly lol

Tie - just thought I'd say hi my darling :)

Googled symptoms and didn't need to bother :@ gallbladder kicked off spectacularly this afternoon :( never again am I uttering its calmed down :(

I bought the walkers pops are they nice?

For those struggling with measurements I didn't bother I wish I had - the only one I have is my belt to go on
    When I started there was literally 1/3 of an inch sticking out - its not nearly 10 inches long ;) xxx so my measurement is a waist loss of 9 1/2 inches in 6 1/2 months?
    Started sw 02/09/13 - total loss so far -5st 1lb

New Year New You Challenge - /6lb
  • Sandypan
    Sandypan Posts: 252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi everybody, can I join again please?
    I am doing the very scenic SW route and really not happy with myself!!!
    I am paying each week and losing 1/2 a pound and then 5 weeks later putting it all back on!!!!
    It has taken me nearly 12 months to lose a grand total of 12lbs!!!
    I know exactly what to do but can't seem to stay on track for long enough!
    Will be going on holiday 5 weeks today and haven't got much to lose to get to target (7lbs) With everybodies support on here as well as class and my slimming buddy, who is target, I am determined to do it this time, I will post my menus every day that I can and I think this will really help me stay on track and for you guys to offer any suggestions that you feel will help me get there.

Today
    Breakfast - 2 Weetabix and semi skimmed milk HA AND hb
    Lunch - Homemade vegetable curry and rice - Free
    Dinner - Home made tuna pasta - Free
    Syns - Large glass red wine (9)
    Snacks - apple pears pineapple satsuma
    DF by Christmas 2014 #78 £18,964.15/£15,000
    DF by Christmas 2015 #07 £16,500/£21,992.92
    DF by Christmas 2016 #42 £4570/£4,500
    CC and loan debt at it's worst April 07 - £54,489 plus
    27/01/14 Officially Debt Free - except mortgage which I'm working on!
    26/02/16 mortgage free
  • lucky-legs
    lucky-legs Posts: 276 Forumite
    edited 12 March 2014 at 9:44PM
    Options
    greentiger wrote: »
    Happy birthday, Shala & legs.
    Happy Birthday Maman and to all those who have had a bday this week.

Thankyou for the Birthday wishes, and also to anyone who also left me kind wishes who I have missed quoting, I know there are a few because I multi quoted quite a few but then they dissapeared into a wildreness somewhere :huh:
    shala_moo wrote: »
    Thanks PLMBL - it was lucky-legs with the same birthday - I wonder if she's been as naughty eating as I have :o Happy Birthday LL :j:j

Thank you Shala, I did think about you on our special day, hope you had a good time, I've just been so busy, I've not had a chance to get on here....I have been a really good girl and not eaten anything naughty at all....well not whilst I've been asleep anyway!!! :rotfl:

I'm afraid it all went belly up (literally if you saw my pregnant look belly :rotfl: ) Friends came round on Saturday so it was a chinese take away. Sunday brought a 3 course meal, battered calamari, smothered chicken with chips and salad (good girl LL :D ) followed by a rather large and very delicious black forest gateau with lots of cream and cherries in Kirsh, that was all followed by an amaretto coffee floater :eek: Monday hubby decided to take me out to lunch and I had a chicken, bacon and cheese sandwich with curly fries and a diet :A coke, then on the evening we went out for yet another meal...I had the calamari again and then a huge big beer battered haddock with chips :eek:

Oh dear think I might have fallen off the wagon a bit, what do you guys think??? :rotfl:

Anyway yesterday and today I have been much better behaved my only indescretion being a slice of Birthday cake yesterday (mainly because after everything else I'd eaten there was no room left for it on Monday!!) So right back to it now :A

Happy Birthday to Maman, hope you are having a lovely day and are behaving much better than I did! :D

Great news on the dates Daisy and Lantanna

Also Shala can you add my weight loss to the chart of -1lb (I have to say this was before I ate the world twice over (but after the takeaway) so I expect I will pay for all that later.

Well done to all the other losers and welcome to any newbies :T
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,629 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    lantana~~so pleased all went well :j :j
    & that you have some new knickers :j :j

Been away for a family get together.
    Was great to catch up.
    Eating out the window.
    Also :sad: as I had to use wheelchair part of the time when I was away.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure