MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• gayleygoo
    gayleygoo Posts: 816 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations Always_alone! The clothes for your little one must be so teeny!

Aww Bubblepops, sounds like you're not having such a good time at all! I hope the conjunctivitis clears up soon x

For those of you having leg cramps, I sympathise, they are really horrible! So far I've not had any this time, but I remember them from my previous pregnancies - leaping out of bed in the middle of the night before I barely even knew I was awake! I found forcing my heel down on the floor to stretch the muscle seemed to ease the pain.

I think I'm 36 weeks today, although my last scan gave me an earlier date so could be nearly 37, eek! Even though they don't take new dates into account if it's less than 10 days difference. Not that it matters anyway, I think it will be at least another 4 weeks.

Baby's movement hasn't been as energetic as it used to be. However anytime I start to think about phoning the midwife I'll get a few big kicks, but generally not as active as a few weeks ago. I think it's because there's less room for baby to jump about in there as it used to, but not sure at what point I should be concerned. (I know I should just phone the midwife if I'm not sure.)

If anyone is doing relaxation techniques, what are your favourite ones? For my last labour I used the "going down steps" visualisation, but need to practise it a bit more if I intend to use it this time.

I'm trying to enjoy this final stretch of pregnancy, I don't think I'll be doing this again :D although it's DS's 5th birthday on Sunday (:eek:) and once we've celebrated that, I'll probably start getting twitchy and more fed up.

One Love, One Life, Let's Get Together and Be Alright :)

April GC 13.20/£300
    April
    NSDs 0/10
    CC's £255
  • downhillfast
    Options
    Just popped on to say hi again!

Things have been plodding along here, DW is now 34+4 and we have a scan & Obs appointment today. We've been having extra scans and appts due to large bubba and DWs history (plus due to method of conception we automatically get extras too).
    MW appt last week revealed that baby is the wrong way around but DW didn't quite understand which way it actually was! She's been bouncing on her new ball as instructed to try to turn it so I guess we'll find out today if that has worked.
    Everything is feeling a bit close now! So many of the familiar names on this thread had either made announcements now or are very close... We're still a good way down the list but I can't help thinking our's is going to make an early appearance!
    With DW being a teacher she's just clinging on to wanting to get through Easter hols and back to school for just 2 weeks before starting maternity but looking at her size and the progressing struggles to go about normal life I'm not sure she's going to make it that far!
  • Aunty-Pickle
    Options
    gayleygoo wrote: »
    Baby's movement hasn't been as energetic as it used to be. However anytime I start to think about phoning the midwife I'll get a few big kicks, but generally not as active as a few weeks ago. I think it's because there's less room for baby to jump about in there as it used to, but not sure at what point I should be concerned. (I know I should just phone the midwife if I'm not sure.)
    When I was at the hospital last week getting checked out (for my nausea and vomiting) they said that there should still be your usual pattern of movements. Apparently the thought that baby has less room = less movement is a myth so please do contact them if you notice any change!!
    gayleygoo wrote: »
    If anyone is doing relaxation techniques, what are your favourite ones? For my last labour I used the "going down steps" visualisation, but need to practise it a bit more if I intend to use it this time.
    I'm using a favourite beach from holiday and the waves ebb and flow as the contractions - if that makes sense?!! Hope it works!!!

AFM, 37 weeks now so officially full term hooray! :T

Seeing midwife for routine apt this afternoon. It will be interesting to hear what she thinks bearing in mind my hospital visit last week when I felt "fobbed off" by GP and another community midwife! (GP said he didn't believe in giving "un-necessary medication to pregnant women" and midwife said "well you haven't got long to go so I'm sure you can cope" er.... no I can't)

I think we've got everything ready, bag packed, moses basket set up, baby clothes ready, car seat bought etc. Really hoping baby comes early - would love an Easter baby so I can have an Easter egg to celebrate (seeing as I've been off chocolate all pregnancy!)

Hope everyone is ok or at least ok considering!!! :o
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
  • janed9388
    janed9388 Posts: 301 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all :D TGI Friday is all I can say - it's been a long week !, can I ask, those of you that have been referred for physio - did your midwife do that or do I need a GP apointment ? My back and hips are killing me and stopping me sleeping. I have a routine midwife appt on Monday but not sure if she can do the referal or not. many thanks.
  • Princess_kate
    Options
    My midwife did my referral for physio. She filled in a form at my appointment & then I had to phone to attend the group information class where you then decided which next step was appropriate to you.
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hope you appointment was positive aunts pickle. Fingers crossed for an Easter baby. My daughter was born just before Easter in 2011, we got out of hospital Good Friday.

I ended up having anti d in one arm and whooping cough in other arm Wednesday. Whooping cough one more achy though!
  • Trixsie1989
    Trixsie1989 Posts: 489 Forumite
    Options
    Downhill the midwives don't normally worry about babies position until 36 weeks so still plenty of,time to,bounce and try to turn them naturally :)
    Wendz whooping cough is a nasty one! My arm ached for days afterwards! We find out on Monday if they gonna induce me due to possible gd, already decided I'm refusing a 3rd gtt if they try and send me because I'd be 40 weeks by the time the results came back anyway so not much point plus it keeps coming back negative anyway! Baby has definitely dropped down a bit,further over the last couple of days, hips and back are killing me all the time now but just hoping she hangs in there for another week at least as hubby has arranged something as a surprise for me next Friday which I'm quite excited about lol ! I'm currently batch cooking and freezing food aswell for when baby's here and stocking up on dry and non perishables so we have it a bit easier for,a,few weeks and hopefully,cheaper :) last shopping delivery arrives on weds so hopefully by Thursday well be all ready and sorted :) hope everyone is well :) xxx
    Debt free finally :j
    First house purchase ... 2018 :j
  • downhillfast
    Options
    Well we had our scan yesterday but due to the obstetrician being required in theatre to do a Caesarian we didn't really get the Obs part of the appointment so no real feedback.

He did ask if we were sure about the dates though - well as it was all done in a clinic I think we can safely say they are :D

Baby is BIG! Measurements have tummy and legs at over 39weeks!!! Head is currently measuring 36 weeks which averages it all out to 38wks or so... considering our EDD is 3rd May the measurements now have it as 8th April! :eek: estimated weight yesterday was 6lb14oz :eek:

We both feel a bit in limbo now as we thought the appointment yesterday would set out the various scenarios that we could face regarding the birth - all he really said was have we discussed birth options with anyone - we were kinda thinking we would be doing that with him! We have another OB appointment on Monday so hopefully they will go through our options then. All we're both wondering now is whether DW will get anywhere near full term either naturally or not???

On top of that due to work commitment with both of us we only start our NCT course tomorrow! Do you think we'll get a discount for 'show and tell' if we take baby along with us!!! :rotfl:
  • janed9388
    janed9388 Posts: 301 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Kate, did you do the physio and did it help or shall I just grit my teeth !?
  • Aunty-Pickle
    Options
    janed - my midwife did my physio referral. It was almost useless tbh - said they couldn't do anything but did give me crutches which make a huge difference. If that doesn't get anywhere, I've heard really good things about seeing an osteopath - may be worth looking into :o

wendz - hugs for the jabs. My whooping cough one was ok so long as I didn't use that arm for anything!!

Trixsie - GTT are horrible aren't they? I have had a further 2 occasions of glucose but because they were only trace and my results were "very normal" the midwife said she wouldn't refer me again.
    Oooh - hope you get to have whatever lovely surprise your hubby has got planned! How exciting! :cool:

downhillfast - lol about the dates question :rotfl:!!! How frustrating thinking you're going to come out of the consultation with answers and almost coming out with more questions! Hope you can get things sorted soon. Enjoy your classes - hope you get a good crowd.

AFM it was yet another different midwife I saw yesterday :mad:. I know my usual midwife can't help being ill but I didn't really see the point discussing previous experiences with someone who wasn't even from the same area.
    What did happen was that I had the second occasion of measuring large so am having a scan today. (Last week in hospital at 36 weeks measured 40cm and yesterday at 37+1 measured 39.5cm) Midwife mentioned possibility of polyhydramnios (excess fluid) so we shall see.

Hope everyone else is ok and Bubblepops that you're feeling better and baby will come soon :)
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport