MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• Bosscout
    Bosscout Posts: 94 Forumite
    Options
    So, 40+5, been in to see the Consultant (who was surprised how long I hadn't been seen for...even though it was the last consultant who booked the appointments!!) got myself a sweep, got another one booked for Thurs, and then will hopefully get ANOTHER one booked for Saturday! They've booked me in for induction on Sunday, but I've explained I really don't want to be induced, hence all the sweeps! She was very nice about it, but we booked it regardless because my hospital is super-busy, and I can always refuse on the day. So fingers crossed some of these sweeps get things moving in the right direction.

Hope you're all doing okay! xx
  • Munchkin84
    Options
    3 am is clearly my baby’s favourite time of day, he’s going mental in there again. It’s a very common time for him to go mad and kick me. Feels like somersaults.
  • Rambosmum
    Rambosmum Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bosscout wrote: »
    So, 40+5, been in to see the Consultant (who was surprised how long I hadn't been seen for...even though it was the last consultant who booked the appointments!!) got myself a sweep, got another one booked for Thurs, and then will hopefully get ANOTHER one booked for Saturday! They've booked me in for induction on Sunday, but I've explained I really don't want to be induced, hence all the sweeps! She was very nice about it, but we booked it regardless because my hospital is super-busy, and I can always refuse on the day. So fingers crossed some of these sweeps get things moving in the right direction.

Hope you're all doing okay! xx

Induction isn't that bad. My friend was induced earlier this week, only needed the pessary and 5 hours later had a little boy in her arms. I had the drip when my labour wasn't progressing, was best thing ever!
  • Bosscout
    Options
    I'd go for induction if there was a 'real' reason to. But I don't think the NHS guess at the date is really a good enough reason. I thought I was due on the 2nd Nov, before they moved the date to 25th, so I'm not surprised I've gone over. And induction brings with it risks of a cascade of intervention, which I really don't want.

If anything shows up that's a worry, or I get reduced movements, I'd go for induction.
  • selement
    selement Posts: 518 Forumite
    Options
    Bosscout I have heard that the nhs is a bit too quick to rely on induction before. It is sometimes medically necessary but at a 37 week birth plan discussion the midwife was telling me all about induction and when they'd be getting me in for one if I go past due date . There is medical reason to not go over too far as there is evidence of placenta not working so well but if they can monitor the situation for you perhaps this can be well managed?
    I didn't have gestational diabetes in the end but they induce early for this too which seems like it should be more case dependant than the general rule. I know someone who was told they had it but actually on testing themselves got away with eating cake and things without spiking their sugar. Ended up giving birth a week early the day before they were due to be induced. Probably no need for that induction since diabetes was not causing any issues (birth weight did not seem abnormal or concerning either).
    Trying to lose weight (13.5lb to go)
  • Munchkin84
    Options
    Had 32 week growth scan today and his growth has dropped. I’m now having to have fortnightly growth scans.
    The fluid around him is fine, heartbeat is fine. Placenta is also fine.
    I’ve spent the day in tears. Including while they were doing the scan.
    Got everything crossed for a growth spurt. And that he maintains his wiggliness
  • Bosscout
    Options
    Hope your little one is okay, Munchkin! Even the scans aren't that accurate, but I'm glad you're getting extra, to check.

Selement - I think they're way too quick to go for induction, when there's no other reason to apart from dates.
  • selement
    selement Posts: 518 Forumite
    Options
    Monitoring is good munchkin. They might suggest inducing early if they're worried but growth scans aren't always accurate. My sister got told she was having huge babies based in scans and she didn't. Everything else being normal is a good sign. Keep an eye on your movements and call the hospital if you are worried. Baby probably fine but extra monitoring is the right thing to do
    Trying to lose weight (13.5lb to go)
  • Munchkin84
    Options
    Thanks.
    Had baby kicking the wotsits out of me so his movements are fine. But I’m definitely keeping an eye on them.
    I guess if they were very concerned I’d have been staying in hospital or something.
    Think I just freaked out a bit yesterday.
    Thank you for your reassurance.
    I’ve got a feeling he will be early either way
  • Rambosmum
    Rambosmum Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Really do try not to worry, easier said than done though! They are monitoring you and you are aware of movements etc. Any issues or worries just call up triage.

I finish work 7 weeks today (not that I'm counting!). So looking forward to it, I'm so tired.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure