How should I block up this stupid little pipe? And what's it for?


I'm just in the process of moving into my new house and I'm having a problem in the kitchen. Every time I drain the sink the water spurts back out of that stupid little white pipe in the upper-right of the this picture. I think maybe the washing machine waste pipe should connect to it but I don't have a washing machine yet. What would be the best way of stopping this happening? I went to b&q and bought a 15mm end-stop but it doesn't fit. To be honest I've no idea what I'm doing and am completely out of my depth when dealing with anything more complicated that a flat-head screwdriver (or at a push, an allen key).


This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Did you know there's an MSE app?

It's free & available on iOS & Android


Regifting: good idea or not?

Add your two cents to the discussion

MSE Forum

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools