No buying unnecessary toiletries February 2014

Options

Comments

• Clutterfree
    Clutterfree Posts: 3,678 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    asset2004 wrote: »
    well done, I am also trying to cut out sugar. I have cut down a lot but still finding it very hard. Any tips :)

For me, I went cold turkey. No sugar, caffeine, sweeteners or hidden sugars. I had terrible withdrawal symptoms for 3 days - cravings and headache and flu like symptoms. Now I don't crave it at all. I always thought I was addicted to chocolate, but now I realise I was addicted to the sugar. It's all or nothing for me.
    Good luck!
    :heart: Ageing is a privilege not everyone gets.
  • minicooper272
    Options
    I've cut out sugar from my diet and my skin has never looked better.
    It IS very hard to do though, because sugar is hidden in so many things - even pre-packed ham!

:eek: Wow - I didn't think they stooped to the level of sneaking sugar into our ham!

Have thrown out a Victoria Jackson lip palette. I liked the colours in this, but it was a gift for my 21st and I'm 26 this year so time to get rid! It's only drawback was that it was a big palette, so I couldn't carry it around, so I tended to wear a lipstick I could carry around for top-ups first.
  • mcculloch29
    Options
    About fifteen years ago I cut out as much fat, salt and sugar as I could out of my diet. I lost a stone in a month and felt brilliant.
    I would find it much harder now though, my arthritis means I have had to give up so many things and little treats are something to look forward to. Also I eat much less now anyway as I burn off much less.
    Back then I could go for a walk or do some zestful housework to keep my mind off food!

Small UU. The little 30 ml tin of Nivea that was free in Savers with the big 200ml jar. These are still in stock I think - £2.99. I need to use up other stuff first though...

Project Pan for Feb/March

1. Rescue Oil 40 ml - a pound shop buy, I think, not the real Bio-Oil.

2. Australian Tea Tree Oil Spray, 30ml.

3. Avon Naturals Black Cherry & Nutmeg Body Lotion.

4. Avon Naturals Cranberry and Cinnamon Hand & Body Lotion

5. Elvive Leave in Conditioner Spray

6. Redeken Leave in Conditioner Spray (mini)

7.Avon Naturals Cranberry & Cinnamon shower gel, 400 ml.

8. 150ml Avon Beautiful XXL Foot Works Foot Cream
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Sundaysgirl
    Options
    Hope everyone's well. What lovely weather today - has definitely helped with the Sunday blues. That, and the fact that my lovely OH comes home tomorrow - oh, and it's my hen weekend next weekend so four day week. Yay! :j

Back OT, I have UUs:

32. Sanctuary Foaming Bath Soak 250ml - lovely scent and lather but repurposed as shower gel so WNBA. Happy to use if gifted again though - love Sanctuary!

33. Sanctuary Body Butter 300ml - love the scent, very moisturising, a HG for me. More in the stash but having a change for a little while so I don't sicken of it.

Clutterfree - very impressed with your sugar ban! I eat very clean most of the time but my cheat is chocolate :o I definitely agree re addiction though, I gave up choc for Lent last year and didn't miss it at all after a week. Might do again this year, though will have to break it for yummy dessert on our big day!
    MFW 2017 #123 2018: £1,852.64/£39,200 (4.7%)
  • sam.4000
    sam.4000 Posts: 1,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great weekend.

UU
    Sunnyside bubble bar WNBA not a great fan of this one.

OUTS
    11 items ebay, hopefully more to follow.
  • SarahB1989_2
    Options
    3 UU's at last!
    - Soap & Glory Scrub of Your Life. Got it in the Yule Monty set before Christmas and really liked it, not sure I'd pay £7 for it though. Have got 2 full size and 2 mini scrubs from other brands to get through before I consider rebuying though!
    - NSpa Brightening Day Cream. Nice but not fantastic. No replacements in this house (rather annoyingly I think there's a full jar waiting in another part of my stash elsewhere) so will have to go and spend my Boots giftcard this week.
    - Superdrug Red Intense Conditioning something-or-other. WNBA, works out about 25p a use but it's done very little to my hair. On the look-out for a better colour conditioning mask.
    New graduate trying to get debt-free.
    Make £5/day challenge: August £84.08/155
    I owe £5400 (plus £
    34,000 Student Finance)

• SmarterNotHarder
    Options
    Hello! I've not been about for a bit, so apologies if I've missed anything! *hugs* and get well soon to those feeling under the weather (no pun intended)

Asset I did read about your colleagues a while back, I hope you told them to take a long walk off a short plank!! People like that make me mad! Happy belated birthday to VALM too, hope you had a wonderful day!

And congratulations on your pending nuptials Sjprmc01. Oh and remember mind over matter. Those that matter don't mind, and those that mind, don't matter :)

Anyway, back OT, I've been ploughing away at my stash, stuff splutters but doesn't seem to go away!!

I've uu'd one more, a sample perfume I'd decanted into my atomiser. Does this even count as I have no idea what it was!! lol. It's been washed out and then I shall refill. I find keeping one of these in my handbag helps me to remember to use perfume. Especially the Avon samples etc that I ended up with via a friend who is a rep. Think she was trying to reduce her stash? :rotfl:

I can get into the habit now too, I never used to bother as I was a smoker, and perfume was pointless as I'd cover it up with the smell of smoke the moment I left the house. Of course this meant I collected them as I loved to own perfume, I just barely ever used it! I've recently quit smoking and trying to change habits, so this is one I want to acquire. Hopefully smelling nice will make me think twice about ruining it with smoke IYSWIM?
  • moneyless_mac
    Options
    UU

Chamomile & Geranium shower gel - was a christmas gift and wasnt as horrible as expected but I wont be rushing out to repurchase.

No7 purifying mask - WMBA

Elemis exotic moisture mask - WMBA

Colgate max fresh toothpaste - WBA love how minty this is.

100ml DKNY be delicious body lotion - WNBA but would happily use if gifted - like most of the perfumed moisturisers they are better at layering fragrance than actual moisturising.

And more ins:

2 x Colgate max fresh toothpaste.

2 x Boots cotton wool pads - phew found the ones I like.

Garnier soothing 2 in 1 make up remover - I found this is clearance section in Boots its my HG and I suspect its being discontinued as they had a new type of remover on the shelf.

3 varients of nail polish remover - Im experimenting with acetone for clean up and glitter removal.

Bare Minerals ready foundation - have wanted to experiment with BM for a while and am in search of a new foundation with good coverage.

2 x shaped cotton buds (on offer) - want these for nail polish clean up.

2 x razors for DH

I am managing to resist the elemis TSV but have ordered a special offer duo pack of bliss capsules from Time to spa (this also comes with gift)
    and I also managed to snag some Pixi toner on their restock.

I am now off work for half term so I suspect we will visit a nearby city to restock our Lush stash.

I will be on the naughty step if anyone needs me.
    No more buying toiletries
  • sjprmc01
    sjprmc01 Posts: 917 Forumite
    edited 17 February 2014 at 10:47AM
    Options

Garnier soothing 2 in 1 make up remover - I found this is clearance section in Boots its my HG and I suspect its being discontinued as they had a new type of remover on the shelf.

Home Bargains has had a lot of garner stuff lately in light blue packaging?!?

UU no 11/ lush candy mountain: my second fave bubble bar next to the comforter I have 3 more in the stash and I always try to get some in the Boxing Day sale
    No more unnecessary toiletries Feb 2014 INS: 24 UU: 13. Mar 2014. INS: lost count, naughty step for me! UU: 8
  • minicooper272
    Options
    I bought a pot of superbalm last summer, have persevered a few times, but find it a really frustrating product. You're meant to rub it into the scalp without getting it on your hair (how?!?) Then I have to shampoo 5 times to get the oil out my hair. And I still end up with clumps of oily hair. If it's a choice between oily hair and dandruff hair, i'll take the dandruff! Going to throw out the last 1-2 apps tonight.

Can anyone recommend any other products for a dandruff scalp? This was the lush replacement for snakeskin.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure