No buying unnecessary toiletries February 2014

Options

Comments

• KT2802
    KT2802 Posts: 595 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Right I have just been through my make up stash and am finally throwing some real relics away. Still kept a few things (mainly eyeshadows) that I don't use but couldn't bear to throw away. If I still haven't used them in a few months time I am going to get rid! Here is what I have thrown out -

17 - Revlon Fantasy Lengths Dramatic Lashes - don't wear falsies anymore and these have diamantes on, def not for me these days!

18 - MUA Pressed Powder shade 2 - this is a more recent purchase but I didn't realise it came in different shades. This is too dark for me.

19 - No 7 Liplicious Lip Gloss in Lollipop
    20 - No 7 Liplicious Lip Gloss in BonBon
    21 - No 7 Liplicious Lip Gloss in Candyfloss - dread to think how old these are! Think I had them in a set years ago one Christmas and I don't wear lipgloss. Still hanging on to some lip glosses though!

22 - Collection 2000 Eyeshadow trio in shimmering seas
    23 - 17 Eyeshadow trio in moody blues
    24 - Bourjois eyeshadow in 55
    25 - Bourjois eyeshadow in 24 - used to wear all of the above but these are shades of blues and greens when I now only wear neutrals.

26 - Rimmel Eyepencil in loveable lilac - don't think I have ever used this?!

27 - Bourjois eyeshadow duo in crazy baby
    28 - Rimmel Eyepencil in silver
    29 - Barry M blue liquid liner
    30 - Essential guide to beauty blue eyeshadow duo
    31 - Essential guide to beauty green eyeshadow duo - these all are again not my sort of colours anymore. These are all so old!

Does anyone remember the magazine Essential guide to beauty where you got the free makeup?! I had a subscription to this, must be over 10 years ago!! Don't think I ever used any of the makeup. Can't believe I have held onto it for so long.

32 - Dermalogica Total Eye care 4ml - had opened this but then never UU. Wasn't very good as didn't have a lid or top so just dried up.
  • poppy_f1
    poppy_f1 Posts: 2,637 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Parisian wrote: »
    Ladies, does anyone use the Babyliss New Big Hair?
    I picked it up this week as I've been really struggling with styling my hair lately! It's long and fine and has this odd wave to it in places. If I use a straightener it makes it too flat for my liking, and I am not too skilled with a hair dryer and brush at 5.30am when I'm getting ready most days. I've been playing with the Babyliss tool this week and am so impressed with it. It's giving me a neat just blow dried salon type finish in 5-10 minutes. Still fiddling with the settings as there are are a few ways of using it. Just thought I'd check to see if anyone is using this, and if they have any tips?

Xxx

i have one but cant seem to get to grips with it mainly as i havent spent the time to get used to it, im gonna make an attempt at it tho and start taking it with me to the gym so when im blow drying my hair i can then use it, most of the time these days i wash my hair at the gym so may as well give it a try there
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    While I was doing my research on The Big Hair, I read that a lot of them were going wrong, fortunately within the guarantee period for most people, it seemed that in the beginning Babyliss might not have been pointing out strongly enough that they are designed to be used to style just damp hair and not dry wet hair, I don't know if they have amended this.:)
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • noelphobic
    noelphobic Posts: 2,297 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A work colleague finally went to her GP and was prescribed Metrotop gel for hers will report back if there is any improvement.

tried that and it didn't help. I also get eczema which complicates matters.
    3 stone down, 3 more to go
  • noelphobic
    Options
    Misty_Blue wrote: »
    Have either of you tried the products from La Roche Posay's anti-redness range? I have (admittedly fairly mild) rosacea on my cheeks and found the cleanser and serum were excellent and very calming.

These are the two I used, but they have quite a few products for redness and rosacea.

http://www.boots.com/en/La-Roche-Posay-Rosaliac-AR-Anti-Redness-Skin-Perfecting-Daily-Moisturiser-40ML_1250075/

http://www.boots.com/en/LA-ROCHE-POSAY-TOLERIANE-Dermo-Cleanser-200ML_865618/

I did have a sample from this range. Can't remember which item it was but it didn't do anything for me at all.
  • noelphobic
    Options
    Babafette wrote: »
    Thanks for the links Misty Blue, I've not tried either of those products before. I'm quite loathe to buy new facial products now to be honest because I've wasted so much money in the past buying things which haven't worked or I've not been able to use. I may contact them and see if they have any samples available. :)
    I've tried lots of different things in the past including resorting to Bio Oil, Savlon, Sudocrem etc. I was prescribed Rozex gel (metronidazole) originally which didn't seem to do anything, plus you have to avoid going out in the sun once you have used it. I think I need to go back to my GP and see what the next step is because it is making me very self-conscious.

I could have wrote this post myself. I've ordered samples from Salcura and I noticed on their website that they offer a 30 day money back guarantee so I may order some facial wash from them.
  • InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello ladies!

Another UU: Corsodyl Daily. Yup, the usual!
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• moneyless_mac
    moneyless_mac Posts: 532 Forumite
    edited 16 February 2014 at 1:17AM
    Options
    Sorry to hear a few of you suffer from rosacea - it became a discussion point recently as my work mate is very self conscious about hers - I developed hormonal acne when I turned 40 and have wasted so much money in the last 2 years trying to find the wonder cream - to think ive cracked it just to have a flare up again, its so disheartening.

UU

28ml Bioderma h20 - WMBA I liked this it was effective at make up removal and left my skin feeling refreshed.

Nivea coconut shower cream - WNBA was OK but nothing special (plus ive overindulged in coconut fragrance recently.

Have painted my nails in Dance legend thermo 162

I also have ins.

10 from beauty bible.
    Glossybox
    Love me beauty.
    No more buying toiletries
  • sjprmc01
    sjprmc01 Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    UU no 10/ no7 blissful body wash 200mls. I love the way this feels on my skin but I don't really love the smell and I'd NEVER pay the asking price. That said, I'd buy again in the Xmas sale (same place this came from or this was maybe in the OOTW I can't remember)

Still got a few 40mls bottles in the stash
    No more unnecessary toiletries Feb 2014 INS: 24 UU: 13. Mar 2014. INS: lost count, naughty step for me! UU: 8
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Another UU to report!

L'Occitane Ruban d'Orange soap - GWP. This was lovely. We normally have liquid soaps for washing hands but in the interest of this challenge I have many bars of soap. So fresh and it was initially in the shape of an orange. Gorgeous. This has now been discontinued (probably a few years ago :o) so am not able to buy again!!
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure